• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to check what you already purchased through Nook Shopping the same day you bought it?

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Made my first custom outfit

ETscS8ZUMAA_0SI

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Well after two days went ahead and wiped out my island. My wife has really taken a liking to the game and she kept telling me the villagers behave differently to her but I didn't understand why they wouldn't. After some digging I find out that even though we are on the same island only the first resident really has the full experience. Like we didn't even have the DIY for the axe or watering can because I never talked to Tom Nook and my wife did when she played but never got the option to donate animals.

What is even the point of forcing every switch account on the same island if you can't even contribute to public works?

Yep, really mad about this. They arbitrarily decided one island per switch and then decided whoever starts later gets a different experience. Most I can do is hand over relevant items for my wife to turn in, like iron nuggets for the shop, but I can't actually start village expansion projects and also miss out on recipe cards that are sometimes given as rewards for those. At the very least let everyone contribute directly once the project is started and give the reward to all players or put every reward card up in the shop.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Help please! I need to craft some items for my 3 new friends but I don't know how to craft Rose wreath. Went up to the upper cliffs for some red, white and yellow roses and what do you know, they're a plant! How do I get them out, to get them as crafting material for wreath instead? Curious.

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they designed it to be a bad experience for everyone that's not the first villager is confusing. Just give everyone their own island.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Complete series newbie here. So far, really like it. It's what i hoped it would be in terms of being relaxed escapism. Also, the dialogue is REALLY funny; I love listening to Blathers give a description of every new thing I bring in.

Only thing that is taking some adjustment for me is running out of meaningful things to do in a day. It can be disappointing to be almost forced to stop when you've exhausted all worthwhile activities.
Older games had that "problem" way worse than New Horizons. I'm going to be in trouble when the work week starts back up solely because those friggin Nook Miles+ Missions never ending are just.. so.. addicting.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
I really hope there's dlc for new bugs and fishes , I feel like I already found 1/3rd of it already..

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Help please! I need to craft some items for my 3 new friends but I don't know how to craft Rose wreath. Went up to the upper cliffs for some red, white and yellow roses and what do you know, they're a plant! How do I get them out, to get them as crafting material for wreath instead? Curious.
Pick them like you would other materials

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
...and give the reward to all players or put every reward card up in the shop.
I agree with everything you said, but I just want to mention that Timmy does sell stuff like the DIY shovel/axe in the second tab of the initial shop (it's not very obvious though), so other players can still get these vital tools.
That's how I got them. I'm the second player, and I have all the basic tool DIY recipes. I can't make everything player one can though...

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope there's dlc for new bugs and fishes , I feel like I already found 1/3rd of it already..
Most bugs and fish normally can be found in Spring/Summer (moreso the latter). That's pretty normal. Leaves you with less new stuff to see later on, but does make the hunt for the seasonal stuff fun.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with everything you said, but I just want to mention that Timmy does sell stuff like the DIY shovel/axe in the second tab of the initial shop (it's not very obvious though), so other players can still get these vital tools.
That's how I got them. I'm the second player, and I have all the basic tool DIY recipes. I can't make everything player one can though...

I bought those, but I'm pretty sure there were a few recipes for nonessential items I didn't get. Might be mistaken. I know for sure there were clothing items and furniture she got that I didn't, but it was an ugly tube top and squat toilet so... not quite so torn up about that, lol.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I bought those, but I'm pretty sure there were a few recipes for nonessential items I didn't get. Might be mistaken. I know for sure there were clothing items and furniture she got that I didn't, but it was an ugly tube top and squat toilet so... not quite so torn up about that, lol.
Oh yeah definitely, she can make more stuff than I can too, but it's nothing amazing. She's been making me furniture and leaving it outside my door anyway.

I was really confused when I started as the game gave me no direction on how to make a shovel or axe, but the Nook Miles wanted me to do shit with them. Just baffling. She ended up taking over to log in and make an axe/shovel for me! (I found the mythical second tab later)

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just sat down for Day 3. Ooh are they adding instruments to the island music over time? That's really cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on my physical copy to arrive, and fomo kicked in strong, but living vicariously through everyone in here and gaming social media.

General question, how are you guys liking the OST so far compared to New Leaf? Some of the calmer themes were my favorite aspect of NL.

Also, drew Tom Nook today

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loved pocket camp until it became a nonstop event and microtransaction grind, I'm super happy that they brought in all my favourite parts from that game.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this game justifies the fan reaction to Nook lol, feels like he is greedier than ever before in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.