• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
So my first day hot take is that I'm not convinced crafting was either a good idea or good fit for Animal Crossing.
Yeah, feels like some of the focus has been shifted away from the stuff I normally enjoy doing to now being worried about busywork that feels even less abstracted than previous entries. I have a feeling it'll get better as time goes on and my town opens up a bit more and there's other stuff to do instead, but right now it mostly just makes the "breakable tools" thing feel even more tedious.

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
It's 8 to 10. There is a drop-box outside that lets you "sell" things during off hours - you get paid when it opens.

Hm. That definitely beats nothing at all, since you're likely to find SOME time to buy what you need when the store is open. What's the limit on stuff you can "sell" during off hours?

Yeah, feels like some of the focus has been shifted away from the stuff I normally enjoy doing to now being worried about busywork that feels even less abstracted than previous entries. I have a feeling it'll get better as time goes on and my town opens up a bit more and there's other stuff to do instead, but right now it mostly just makes the "breakable tools" thing feel even more tedious.

i swear to god if all tools including silver and gold are breakable that is like a whole point deduction from what score i'd give this game. i don't mind crafting other stuff, but man...

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to in my game. Whenever I start out, I sell EVERYTHING so I can build a bit of coin to get my goods. I was able to get most of the equipment recipies on my third day when I started playing.
Today's my third day too and also the day the ladder was unlocked, I think they gate progression with those items on purpose at the start?

I wonder if the eventual golden tools will be unbreakable.
):

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This is overly sentimental, but with all of the Nintendo love going around right now I miss Reggie.

Also I caught a football fish which is rare? It looks cool anyways.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Guys like my entrance so far?

ETrbhm2UwAEu2x3

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
Really can't wait till I get my resident services building. This song is driving me crazy lol, such a weird design decision to gate the music.

Deleted member 19742

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's a limit to how many items you can sell, but you only get 80% of their regular price.

Eh, fair enough if there's no limit. Thanks for clarifying! The 80% thing feels familiar, oddly enough. Not sure why.

Really can't wait till I get my resident services building. This song is driving me crazy lol, such a weird design decision to gate the music.

It is stuck in my head right now and it's absolutely maddening. Definitely won't miss it when it's gone.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
For anyone who has caught a snapping turtle, can you narrow down to the specifics on finding it? Northern or southern hemisphere? Day or night? Sea? River?

Oct 25, 2017
Having a blast so far, but I knew going in that this was still going to be a halfstep in a lot of ways. There's a ton of room for improvement, and I hope we don't have to wait until the next installment to see them.

My early wishlist for improvements:
  • Item select wheel selection with right stick. Going from up on dpad to left stick is awkward. Letting you select with right stick instead makes a lot of sense to me.
  • Control customization in general. I don't really like the setup as is, and of course, you can't change anything.
  • Let me move around while inventory is open. If I'm not right exactly where I need to be to drop something, I'd really like to readjust without having to close the menu and open it again.
  • More camera control. Even just a slight right and left angle would make a ton of difference. There's sometimes I need to see behind stuff, and end up picking up a bunch of stuff I didn't even want because of it. Being able to turn the camera a bit would fix that.
  • The view is kinda cramped in general, I find myself running into spiders when running to the south simply because you can't see them coming. Both the top down view and normal view could use a bit more room.
  • Is it just me, or can you not fit in some gaps in furniture that you could in pocket camp and HHD? I'm having some trouble there, don't know if it's a bug or oversight or something.
  • Streamlining:
    • Hotkey to send something to storage from inventory rather than selecting the item first and choosing move to storage.
    • Quick sorting option for inventory.
    • The animation and dialog after crafting gets really old, especially when you have to craft some base items to make better ones first. And when you need to make things in bulk. Maybe allow multiple selection of items to craft at once.
    • Fishing and bug catching dialog also gets old. If not outright get rid of it, maybe an option to skip ones you've already caught.
And then there's some weird things that are really throwing me off. What were they thinking gating the music behind progression? I thought I was going crazy on the second day wondering why the music wasn't changing. And also, I've noticed watching some other streamers that all the dialog is basically 1:1 with my experience so far. Do the villagers ever branch out or is it really limited in this game? If the music thing is anything to go by I guess yes?

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I have 43/80 insects and 39/80 fish. This is going really fast and I'm not even time traveling.

Is this normal for Animal Crossing games? I don't recall having so many so quickly in New Leaf.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
So I sold the stones I gathered (didn't really know that they were used for something), and then got a recipe for building an axe. But to craft an axe, I need a stone. I already sold all the stones that I picked up off the island. Do I have any other way of getting a stone?

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
...In retrospect, going broke paying off my 98,000 bell loan for my second house upgrade probably wasn't the best idea going into Sunday considering I want to buy turnips.

Welp. Hopefully the million wishing stars I prayed to will make up for it lol.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beach House: Paid

Museum and Store: Under Construction

Blues Jersey: Acquired

Me: Wondering if I'm missing something because I've only seen one ground dwelling bug, and one beetle on a stump with none on regular trees! At least I think I've gotten most fish

Deleted member 19742

Oct 27, 2017
So I sold the stones I gathered (didn't really know that they were used for something), and then got a recipe for building an axe. But to craft an axe, I need a stone. I already sold all the stones that I picked up off the island. Do I have any other way of getting a stone?

Oh, dude...trust me, you are not going to be short on them. You get LOADS from hitting rocks (which respawn by the next day if you end up breaking them). I've even gotten a few from fishing. Trust me, you're likely to get tired of stones if you're wanting rarer minerals like Gold Nuggets and Iron Nuggets in the future.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, dude...trust me, you are not going to be short on them. You get LOADS from hitting rocks (which respawn by the next day if you end up breaking them). I've even gotten a few from fishing. Trust me, you're likely to get tired of stones if you're wanting rarer minerals like Gold Nuggets and Iron Nuggets in the future.
Okay, how do I hit the rocks?

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Ok sorry if this has been answered but when the heck does the hour-to-hour music start? I'm on day 3. Kinda tired of this same loop of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.