• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
So I've seen a lot of people talking about the cool islands they find doing island tours but I've gotten the exact same island three out of the seven or so times I've taken a tour. Is my RNG busted? Does this happen to everyone? Does it just seem like everyone is finding cool islands expect for me due to only the people who are finding cool islands posting about islands in general?

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
ETr8k4iUUAI7CQp

ETr8k4VVAAIahW_

Lolly's my first Mystery Island villager! She's adorable! <3 Invited her over but I guess she'll only officially move in tomorrow

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Can we still use Nook Miles outside the store being closed? Like is that computer thing outside the store? If we cant get Nook Tickets or pay the house bill because its closed...
That stuff is still available:

Timmy and Tommy move in to the new shop to sell stuff/buy stuff from you. Tom Nook is still in the first tent so you can still access his workshop and the computer.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The inventory management and general QOL in this game not being great is putting a serious dent in my enjoyment, especially with how essential crafting is which exacerbates all the issues.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The inventory management and general QOL in this game not being great is putting a serious dent in my enjoyment, especially with how essential crafting is which exacerbates all the issues.

Couldn't we choose which items went into the up-down-left-right buttons before? That's the only thing bugging me. I hit the buttons and it seems to randoly choose items.

Adlez

Oct 25, 2017
i assume catching flies/ants is the same as new leaf, you need a piece of rotten turnip to attract them?

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched EZA stream the game. I guess I was better off using the flimsy axe on rocks to get more mats instead of a flimsy shovel

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
How does the stalk market work again? I buy turnips for X bells and then have a week to upload them before they go bad? Prices change daily?

Thanks in advance.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So my first day hot take is that I'm not convinced crafting was either a good idea or good fit for Animal Crossing.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So I actually accidentally ate 10 turnip
How do I get them out of my body so to say. I don't want to chop down trees or smash rocks. How do I get the food meter down again?

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my first day hot take is that I'm not convinced crafting was either a good idea or good fit for Animal Crossing.
eh, it gets better as you go on. with the inventory upgrades, it helps a bit with the whole gathering material thing. my only real issue is how tedious it is to get to a workbench, i have like 3 set up out in my town and i still find it kind of a hassle to run over there. it doesnt sound like the ability to craft anywhere becomes possible but its very much just part of the tedium that animal crossing that hasnt always had the best time at handling.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Just need peaches and pears. I can trade cherries, apples, coconuts and oranges. I also can give you a bamboo shoot!

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what kind of price range turnips sell for? The IGN guide suggests that the highs aren't as drastic as they were in New Leaf where you could get up to about 800 in extreme cases.

I bought for 91 thinking that was a great price based on NL and apparently you can buy for much cheaper this time around too :(

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
ETsAR05UcAM1r2C.jpg:large

My room so far. I'm in dire need of furniture but it's looking cool so far.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
eh, it gets better as you go on. with the inventory upgrades, it helps a bit with the whole gathering material thing. my only real issue is how tedious it is to get to a workbench, i have like 3 set up out in my town and i still find it kind of a hassle to run over there. it doesnt sound like the ability to craft anywhere becomes possible but its very much just part of the tedium that animal crossing that hasnt always had the best time at handling.

Why not just keep a bench in pocket to drop and pick back up

So we have a family, me wife and 2 kids

Party mode is cool but most just complain they are not the leader even tho swapping control is fast and easy

And it seems the wife is the only one experiencing the main story or whatever.

Oh well

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do i get an emote wheel. ? Please.
Nope :(
Only from 8am-10pm

You can still put stuff in the box outside to sell but you can't buy stuff unless they're open.
giphy.gif

Day 2, first proper house payment done, waiting on the museum and Nook's Cranny to open.
Same. But i'm also waiting for the museum to open.
ETsAR05UcAM1r2C.jpg:large

My room so far. I'm in dire need of furniture but it's looking cool so far.
How did you get all that stuffs.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I got a tarantula earlier. It was easy. Stop when it's reared up and get closer when it isn't.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I think my main complaint so far is the initial disappointment when you get to choose where to put your house only to realize that you're locked in to the bottom third of the map (if that) for the beginning of the game. I don't mind the village opening up gradually but locking in my house to one specific area kinda sucked after what the game seemed to imply

And yeah, I'm sure you can change it, but it's gonna be a late game addition & cost money

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Timmy and Tommy move in to the new shop to sell stuff/buy stuff from you. Tom Nook is still in the first tent so you can still access his workshop and the computer.

Are the hours still 9 AM to 10 PM? It's not open 24/7 and you can't sell stuff to Tom Nook when the store is closed, even though Timmy/Tommy are free to buy stuff from/sell stuff to BEFORE the shop upgrade? What the hell?

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
So my wife and I have two switches. The OG model has become my wife's while I use the lite.

she got crossing digitally on her account so if I want to play, I need to share an island with her on the OG switch.

But. Could I log into her account on the lite and just play it there with a new island?
You can, but the issue would be that you can't both be logged into the same account at the same time. If you want to play with eachother on two switches with one digital copy, the OG switch would have to be registered as the secondary console and the lite will have to be the primary console. Then you can play simultaneously on your account and she can play on hers.

It's currently what me and my partner are doing and it's working great!

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are the hours still 9 AM to 10 PM? It's not open 24/7 and you can't sell stuff to Tom Nook when the store is closed, even though Timmy/Tommy are free to buy stuff from/sell stuff to BEFORE the shop upgrade? What the hell?

It's 8 to 10. There is a drop-box outside that lets you "sell" things during off hours - you get paid when it opens.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Day 2, first proper house payment done, waiting on the museum and Nook's Cranny to open.
Ah. You can get the recipe from Nook's Cranny once the shop opens. Talk to Timmy/Tommy (or whomever is near the cabinet) and you can get that recipe to build the laddar.
Tom Nook himself gives you the DIY for the ladder when he arranges for new Villagers to move in. Don't waste your Bells! (Can you really even buy it before he unlocks it for you?)

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tom Nook himself gives you the DIY for the ladder when he arranges for new Villagers to move in. Don't waste your Bells! (Can you really even buy it before he unlocks it for you?)

I was able to in my game. Whenever I start out, I sell EVERYTHING so I can build a bit of coin to get my goods. I was able to get most of the equipment recipies on my third day when I started playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.