• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I've been having a looooot lot lot of fun with this game, and love everything about it so far.
But there is one thing that's persistently been annoying me, and I have to mention it;

Why are the villagers just so... relentlessly nice to you? I'm not saying they need to straight up bully me (like in the original, lol), but the lack of variety in how they communicate with you makes them feel honestly a bit boring to talk to. I really miss the ridiculous insults that could be hurled at you if you whacked them with nets, or talked to them too much, but now, even if you get them to a point of them not wanting to talk to you anymore, they try their best to make it sound like they're busy with other things instead of being straight up like "go away", or "leave me alone". And hitting them with nets will get them riled up, but even then, it's like they're never really mad at you.

I dunno. Just, them being so toothless compared to the first 3 games has started to bug me a lot, especially since I had the same issue with New Leaf and really hoped they would spice up their dialogue again. Though to be fair, with only the same two starting Jock and Uchi personalities, maybe I've yet to see the range in moods they can really have...? Blah.
The dialogue in general is a step up from New Leaf imo but you're absolutely right that the villagers quickly get dull again. More villager dialogue could be patched in, I bet (and hope) with content updates

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting this weird thing. I went to a new island, got a coconut tree, but I can't seem to plant it back anywhere on my island. What am I doing wrong?

Needs to be planted in sand.

Edit: Uhhh... so late it's not funny. Sorry, should have known the thread moves fast enough you got an answer! D:

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Did they expect me to have another villager by now? The gap between Genji and everyone else looks weird lol.

xM3mkIi.jpg

Also kinda messed up I can't even go inside because i just got home from work and its 10:30pm.

Wait... the Tom Nook upgrade isnt open 24-7?!

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Have always named my Animal Crossing place Mound, but this time around, since it's an island, I went for Mata Nui. Have had a fun first two days!

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
The dialogue in general is a step up from New Leaf imo but you're absolutely right that the villagers quickly get dull again. More villager dialogue could be patched in, I bet (and hope) with content updates

Yeah I would really like something like that to happen. But I fear that there's too much of a concern in upsetting people by having "mean" dialogue for the animals.

But like, c'mon son. You gotta expect a goddamn Cranky villager to be cranky, lolol.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna lay off the stalk market for this week just in case they changed how it works and everyone gets caught flat-footed.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I've been having a looooot lot lot of fun with this game, and love everything about it so far.
But there is one thing that's persistently been annoying me, and I have to mention it;

Why are the villagers just so... relentlessly nice to you? I'm not saying they need to straight up bully me (like in the original, lol), but the lack of variety in how they communicate with you makes them feel honestly a bit boring to talk to. I really miss the ridiculous insults that could be hurled at you if you whacked them with nets, or talked to them too much, but now, even if you get them to a point of them not wanting to talk to you anymore, they try their best to make it sound like they're busy with other things instead of being straight up like "go away", or "leave me alone". And hitting them with nets will get them riled up, but even then, it's like they're never really mad at you.

I dunno. Just, them being so toothless compared to the first 3 games has started to bug me a lot, especially since I had the same issue with New Leaf and really hoped they would spice up their dialogue again. Though to be fair, with only the same two starting Jock and Uchi personalities, maybe I've yet to see the range in moods they can really have...? Blah.

Diverse villager personalities is really what they should be focusing on most, imo.

Apr 21, 2018
Just finished Day 2,
I'm having a hell of a time getting the iron for the store upgrade. I've used two getaway flights and go low rock yield both times. And my island has one rock that doesn't give me much.

I really need that stick to jump over the river.

Oct 25, 2017
So my wife and I have two switches. The OG model has become my wife's while I use the lite.

she got crossing digitally on her account so if I want to play, I need to share an island with her on the OG switch.

But. Could I log into her account on the lite and just play it there with a new island?

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Just finished Day 2,
I'm having a hell of a time getting the iron for the store upgrade. I've used two getaway flights and go low rock yield both times. And my island has one rock that doesn't give me much.

I really need that stick to jump over the river.

Apparently the store upgrade isnt even open 24-7. Just what the hell? Lol why take a step back? Everyone cant play from 8am to 10pm.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I are having a blast with the game living on the same island, and its just as mood-boosting as we hoped it would be.

The family Switch sharing experience has a lot of drawbacks, but thankfully it isn't as bad as the rumors let on yesterday. I told my wife to create her character first so she is the "ambassador" or whatever, and that means she is the only one that can "move the town forward". She has to talk to Nook or Blathers to get stuff built, but I was able to donate the required number of items to Blathers. I just couldn't get the ball rolling after that, or choose the plots for new buildings. So in order to improve the town I have to either ask her or log on her profile. I imagine this will even out as the game ages, but I'm almost certain I'll never be able to terraform on my profile. If only her profile can operate common town functions then its going to get old fast.

The "splitscreen" multiplayer is fun but clunky and strange. You can't even use your tool wheel if you are not the leader, so I have to cycle through like 7 tools if I had duplicates (easy when they break so quickly). Switching the leader is very easy, and I noticed it literally swaps what profile is playing the game, according to the Switch. Very odd when you normally have to close a game completely! Unless you are the leader literally everything you touch gets sent to that box in the resident center, but its quite quick to swap leader and drop/pick up items for who needs them. You also get Nook Miles credit as a secondary player, but you can't check them or redeem them unless you are swapped to leader. It would be nice to visit random islands as a team, but nope - not possible.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone is looking for apples, feel free to stop by island, opening it up for a little bit. Take a fruit leave a fruit!

Doto Code: DWVTP

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm really ahead, although I did time travel. But not but maybe 3 days. Somehow got a
meteor shower
and then the
star wand.

Status
Not open for further replies.