• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize that the upgraded axe actually chops trees down? I just wanted my mats from it...So I have to carry around a shit axe to avoid that?

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I accidentally cheated. :(

Last night I did very purposely time travel to the next morning, just to see what sorts of activities to expect in the morning, but I didn't know that timer progress on construction projects/plant growth would be counted twice. So now I'm on Day 3 with an open museum. Not complaining, but now I'm going cold turkey, not letting my impatience get the better of me.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does visiting other islands work? Do you go to someone's active island with them running around? Do you need a Nintendo Account tied to your Switch user to visit other islands?

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
I slapped a couple custom design on the ground and cannot figure out how to remove them. I tried a shovel and no dice. Anyone know how to remove these things?

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So apparently the Nook Miles get broken if you're a second player and catch a new bug? That sucks, I caught 2 or 3 while helping my roommate with her game, my Critterpedia updated so I figured it was all good :(

Why is this game so mean to second players? I can't help with any of the new island building tasks either.
Even the old Mayor system worked better, as it was clear one person was a leader but encouraged others to help.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
well, it was a bit awkward to set up but me and my friends have all managed to get the online working yesterday and now all have each other as best friends. hanging out on each other's islands was super cute and i'm pretty excited to get a full squad of 8 people mucking about.

Update on Blathers:
He's finally here, good.
Except he only accepted 15 donations before closing the donation option because "we need to upgrade the museum now, it'll be close for a full day byyye".

The nerves of this owl, I swear to god.

Now I am forced to display bigass assessed fossils on my island like a peasant.
without either Blathers or a house to throw things in storage i had to set up a super scuffed aquarium on my island and now that he's here i can't even get rid of it all yet. i discovered that one of my friends left a note on my bulletin board calling me a fish torturer as a result
I slapped a couple custom design on the ground and cannot figure out how to remove them. I tried a shovel and no dice. Anyone know how to remove these things?
press Y over them i think? should just kick dirt over them

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
The terminal shop offerings are random and change daily correct?

I could buy this day one 😐

IMG_20200321_221107.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
My Nook Miles is screwed right now. I have to make a succulent plant (can't fish a can), catch a Barred knifejaw (been trying this for an hour with no luck), catch a stink bug (just not appearing).

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Such a strange decision. I love this game, but some of the design choices are odd and really disconnected.
I think the game reeks of forced innovation honestly. Everything on the technical side is wonderful, it really is the next-gen Animal Crossing and the latest "iPhone" release in this series but when it comes to the direction and design I have a lot of trouble with it both before it came out and as I'm playing it.

- Why have like 3+ different currencies that aren't bells?
- Why start Day 1 with absolutely nothing to do and a really limited amount of tedious grind resources that you can't fulfill to the point of getting the first nook-shop made... unless you grind nook points and go to different islands to farm the stone material.
- Why is the music not changing...

I just think, in past games at least you arrive in a slightly established town that has a town centre and all that. In this game it feels a bit too barren for the first two days where the boredom sets in too quickly.

Then it gets better, but I still don't like how the game is all about taking the underlying systems of AC and exposing them to the player's choice in various forms of GUI, and I especially don't like how much it emphasizes the generic AAA kind of "Collect X out of X" grinding as an incentive to keep playing.

I think the game is a treat but it really smells of 'Corporate Nintendo' right now.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't realize that the upgraded axe actually chops trees down? I just wanted my mats from it...So I have to carry around a shit axe to avoid that?

theres 2 "upgraded" axes. There is a stronger axe that doesnt cut the tree down, and a "proper" axe that does cut the whole tree (this would be the one that needs a ingot to craft).

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I've used about 5 or 6 mystery island things and they've all had the same fruit as I have (oranges) and only 1 had flowers that weren't native to my island (and that was my most recent go).
I've been to 3 islands, they all had coconuts and they all seemed to have the same fish haha

What do you do with different fruit anyways? It all seems to do the same thing

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, pace is important. If you had like 8 hours to play each day for a week, you'll be bored as fuck.
It's why I bought it, I plan on playing a hour or two every evening. Wasn't even a consideration before it sunk in that I would be home for the weeks/months.

Also I see a user saying it will get boring fast if you play 8 hours a day. The solution? Just play 1-2 and play something other games with your other free time.
I'm playing with like 6 of my irl friends while chatting online. It's perfect for right now.

You can have fun with your friends like this:

Thanks for the input! Honestly if it's the kind of game I can play for an hour or so at a time, that's even better. That is pretty much how I play Fire Emblem now, and I've got just five missions left before I finish the fourth path. Been looking for something I can enjoy in spurts. Appreciate it!

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
How do you mean broken? That sucks if so, my son catches lots of stuff
You just don't get the Nook Miles for completing the collection, it won't update the new bugs unless you're playing your own game. So if you had found 4 bugs, and then joined someone else's game and caught 2 new ones, your Critterpedia would say 6, but Nook Miles will still say 4.

I hope they patch this.

Deleted member 12833

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so if I change the clock to 6am I will be in a new day. What will happen if tomorrow I reset back to local time? Don't think I will be playing much tomorrow and have nothing left to do

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I've been to 3 islands, they all had coconuts and they all seemed to have the same fish haha

What do you do with different fruit anyways? It all seems to do the same thing
I mean, yeah, plant it on your island and grow it. Mine all had coconuts, forgot to mention that but the beach grown stuff like them is a bit different. It's always been oranges and coconuts on mystery islands 😕.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
You just don't get the Nook Miles for completing the collection, it won't update the new bugs unless you're playing your own game. So if you had found 4 bugs, and then joined someone else's game and caught 2 new ones, your Critterpedia would say 6, but Nook Miles will still say 4.

I hope they patch this.
Oh, that's super lame, you lose all ability to track what you've caught

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Ehy add me if you want, got a lot of cherry trees and some pears to gift you. In the next days I'll have coconut and pear trees. I still didn't have any visits, but my island will stay open most of the times.
My code is SW-4171-2144-1934

Kisses from Italy <3

Adlez: Yes, I found a kai on a little pond yesterday.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
1260 turnips bought. Gonna pour all my money into these for a couple of weeks and keep making profit before I pay off anything for my house.

No point getting a big house before I actually have nice stuff to put in it anyway 🤷‍♂️

Will let 1 rot for ants/flies as well haha

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm already making a bunch of progress on paths. Who needs the terrain editor when you have custom designs?

JPEG_20200321_172154.jpg

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So I already invited 3 new characters to my island. 1 yesterday, 2 today. When will they show up and how many can actually stay at my island?

Status
Not open for further replies.