• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
I already have enough money to pay off my first house loan, but I'm not sure I want to yet. I barely have any furniture.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
The game has no end and is just a life simulator. I think you're more than on track.
Yeah, I just see people that have so much and I have no idea how they got there, like the people with ladders, I haven't even been given the option to make that yet, I had to get one from someone else.

Also what does the ocarina do? Is there a way to catch the bulletin board birds?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Picked the Nookling Shop location, donated enough for the museum to open, paid off my first house loan, and invited three animals to my island. Very productive day 2! (Also was visited by Gulliver~)

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What are the options if I have another user on my Switch and a digital copy of this game. Can they log in to their profile, launch the game, and be a resident in my town? Or is that not at all how it works?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Can you explain the trick?
I got many ores through visiting other islands via nook-ticket, but what is this about digging behind you?

images

I dig 3 holes behind me just to be sure. but make sure none of the holes you dig are within the eight directly surrounding the rock.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Can you explain the trick?
I got many ores through visiting other islands via nook-ticket, but what is this about digging behind you?
Dig holes behind you so when you hit the rock you don't bounce backwards. Dig a couple of holes, get between them and the rock and swing like nuts.
It's exactly like the money rocks, see
animalcrossing.fandom.com

Money Rock

A money rock (alternatively Bell rock) is a term given to a specific rock that generates Bells when struck with a Shovel or Axe. Once a day a random existing rock in the town becomes a money rock, and similar to the Glowing Spot in GCN games serves as a quick daily method of obtaining Bells...

That way you get eight stone/clay/ore/money out of one rock every time.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So is this a huge evolution of the series or more of just an expected follow up to past games?

Haven't really looked into it much since announcement because I was kinda off AC after playing the 3DS version for quite a bit early on. Figured I'd prob pass on this one but ofc here I am finding that I'm slowly gaining more interest. Don't want to watch much with videos or streams if I should decide to buy, just looking for a feel if the game has made a lot of advances or just kinda more of the same.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Best advice I can give is just roll with the punches and take your time. It's not supposed to be a big deal to have to wait for tomorrow for something to complete. Enjoy the sunset and the cute animation. Obsess over your interior design and your garden. Taking your time is how I kept invested in my NL down for like ten years.

A lot of people seem to be in a rush to beat a game that can't be beaten.
Yes just not used that. If there is no fear of missing out, she does don't mind to take the time.
Thanks again for the advice :)

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking to sell some pears/trade for oranges, cherries, or apples. Anyone open?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I missed a completely lucky thing and I'll never encounter it again.
I found a glowing hole. I dug it up and found bells. The glow is still there, but instead of planting something in it, I covered it up and now the glow is gone when I dig it back up. I screwed up, didn't I?

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I missed a completely lucky thing and I'll never encounter it again.
I found a glowing hole. I dug it up and found bells. The glow is still there, but instead of planting something in it, I covered it up and now the glow is gone when I dig it back up. I screwed up, didn't I?
If you had replanted the money you dug up, it would have grown a money tree. It would have been one time only so it's no big deal.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Totaka's Song just played at the end of DJ KK on my radio. <3

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I just wanted to say I fucking love this game so far. Waiting for my new house and Blathers tomorrow but I've been fishing my ass off and trying to acquire as many Nook Miles as I can. Probably played 2.5 hrs last night and already about 2 today. Game is perfect for me right now.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
For anyone that has connected up with the Nintendo iOS app - can you type in the chat app on the switch or does it force you to use the app?

who is planning to landscape and relocate fruit trees or are you leaving it au naturale?

Natural for some of the island. But I always grow an orchard with all the fruits in these games somewhere. Now I can add fences and flowers and stuff too!

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
So I'm new to Animal Crossing and made the unfortunate decision of letting my girlfriend play first. Now I have to live on an island named after her dog. Didn't realize that you could only have one island per console. That's pretty unfortunate.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Pushed off starting at midnight last night after work, loaded it up for the first time this morning.

I really missed AC, this is great so far.

Also holy moly this games got GRAPHICS, they put some GRAPHICS in this video game

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So is this a huge evolution of the series or more of just an expected follow up to past games?

Haven't really looked into it much since announcement because I was kinda off AC after playing the 3DS version for quite a bit early on. Figured I'd prob pass on this one but ofc here I am finding that I'm slowly gaining more interest. Don't want to watch much with videos or streams if I should decide to buy, just looking for a feel if the game has made a lot of advances or just kinda more of the same.
Much like a lot of games from Nintendo and Japan (smash bros, Pokémon, monster hunter, etc) there's trade offs, but mostly I think I'm enjoying the new progression. Feels like we're building the town that you would just start with in the original Animal Crossing on Gamecube.

Some small things are missing, or maybe they'll be patched in?

- No barefoot footprints on beaches (was in New Leaf)
- emote system and inventory are going to be inherently worse compared to the second screen of New Leaf (emote radial menu is a blight compared to the complex emotion-sentences you could make in New Leaf)
- they added instruments you can play, but when playing multiplayer on the same Switch only the "leader" can have an instrument out
- also, animals only react to the emotes from the "leader"
- controls in general (walking and running) feel way more stilted and sluggish, but you can now 'squeeze' through tight spaces and hop over holes.
- particle system is hit/miss. When running and slamming in opposite direction sand used to get kicked up and if it went into water it would cause ripples, now it's just a dusty cloud effect with no physicality.
- so far a lot less interactions with the animals, but I assume those will ramp up as the first week seems to just be tutorial drip feed, much like New Leaf but even more so.
- tools and diy recipes in general are inconsistent. Some you get and have to use to learn, others you get and instantly learn, others you get learned via using a phone app-get animation, etc. I'm sad some things are still not interact-able, such as a ring toss game that is just stationary
- can sit on rocks, but need to make rock furniture to place outside to be rock seating.

Honestly hoping the online update system leads to lots of QoL and details being added - especially details that were in prior games, but are absent now...

Hoping after a full year the online gating for holiday events also ends because that spells doom otherwise to me. I STILL play New Leaf AND the original game. If this continues to rely on servers, then when those inevitably go down, it's a damaged product - see Wild World and City Folk as they no longer have online play.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone sell me on this game? I look at it and it seems so goddamn boring but at the same time I like simulation games. It seems like a good coop game for me and my girlfriend as well. I've never played an AC before.

Status
Not open for further replies.