• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to get "Better" tools ahead of the inventory expansion. Just spent the morning taking care of my wood harvesting and moving into my new home. Tonight I'll bring my 30 or so catches to blathers, and go on a fossil hunt :)

From villagers and presents alike, I've been receiving pretty much exclusively skirts and dresses lol. Probably will sell them unless anyone is looking for some!
wear the damn dresses

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so Im wanting to buy a new Switch Lite and Animal Crossing digitally for my son and I. The Lite will be for me and he can have the regular Switch.
Is there anything I need to know before buying in regards to how we share the game? Can we play together or will we always have to play at different times for example.
I tried looking online and it seems really confusing like Nintendo might not handle is as gracefully as one would hope.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
God damnit. I have 27 irons and i dont want to visit another excursion island just for the 3 remaining (im aware i will probably need more iron down the line) anyway way to get 3 irons before tomorrow?

If i found the 3 irons remaining to get the shop up, will it appear tomorrow?

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
If I've already asked one villager from an island to move in, can I ask another or do I have to wait until the first one moves in.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I just finished my second day and finally paid off my home loan. I was just curious so I asked Tom how much the house upgrade costs...

tenor.gif

Yeah I'm good, I'll just stick with my cosy home for the moment.

star sibyl

Oct 29, 2017
ca
Do they respawn? I accidently removed 2 as well.

I know this has been said a few times but i'll repeat once more:

One rock respawns per day. I think I broke all 3? of mine yesterday by accident and one respawned this morning.

The idea with rocks is to "farm" them daily in your village and not break them. Make sure you DO NOT EAT and have an empty stomach (0/10 hunger gauge) before wacking it with a shovel or axe. This will spit out 5-7ish things like Iron, Clay, Rocks or bells. I like to dig holes behind me so I don't fly backwards.

If you're trying to move things along faster and need more Iron for quests: Fly to island getaways and do the same farming method, only before you leave, eat a few peices of fruit and smash the rock for good. You'll never return to that island anyways. Got like 25ish Iron this way last night.

Yeah, it'll be ready first thing tomorrow and unlocks a few new shop related activities as well. You should clear your bags (other than tools) and do another farming session at an island, the stuff wont go to waste. Don't forget to weed the island completely!

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've never played an Animal Crossing game. But I bought this one. Is there anything a newbie should know going in?

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
I popped a balloon with a present and it had a jukebox inside. I've no idea if that's a rare/expensive item, but I was pretty chuffed with it!

Oct 28, 2017
Will villagers start randomly moving in or do you have to recruit them on random islands?
The next three villagers will be chosen from the Normal, Peppy, and Lazy types. There's two main ways to select them so I'll run through it really quickly. You can use either, or a combination of the two.

Randomness - just finish the houses ASAP and the game will randomize your villagers. The house with Fruit furniture is Lazy, Block items and flower wreath should be Peppy, and the Wood furniture is Normal, assuming all islands are consistent in the assignments that were in my game.

Nook Miles Tickets - each island you visit using one of these should have a Normal, Peppy, or Lazy villager and you can ask them to move in manually. Once you select one, the rest of their type will be removed from the RNG pool, so if there's a Lazy, Peppy, or Normal you particularly want, you can remove the other two types from the pool before grinding it out with Tickets.

I'm playing completely legit, so I don't know how anything about how Villagers are selected past the first five, but it is worth noting that once all three of the house lots say "sold", Villagers will stop appearing on the Nook MilesTicket islands.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm confused. I've approached the glowing hole from every direction, and it won't let me put bags of money in. The options I get are "put in wallet" or "drop." Is it too close to the shore or something?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Any tips for making money? So many guys on the discord have like 400-600k ready and I'm going around my island fish and catch my whole inventory full for 15 minutes and get like 6k each time.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just played 45m. Very relaxing. See you tomorrow cute game. I never expected to find this enjoyable. How wrong I was

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
God damnit. I have 27 irons and i dont want to visit another excursion island just for the 3 remaining (im aware i will probably need more iron down the line) anyway way to get 3 irons before tomorrow?

i think in theory you just need to get them to Timmy/tommy before 6am when the 'day' ends

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused. I've approached the glowing hole from every direction, and it won't let me put bags of money in. The options I get are "put in wallet" or "drop." Is it too close to the shore or something?

I had this issue once where it wouldn't let me plant stuff in holes. I think it's some sort of minor glitch. Not to mention I also didn't realize pressing Y kicks dirt over the holes so I missed out planting the first time I saw one -_-

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The beginning of this game feels a lot slower than the previous ones. The Twilight Princess of Animal Crossing 😭

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017

You have to put in the bag of money that you dug up, I believe.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is there some limit on how many new fruits you can get from those random islands? i've only visited three, twice they had my native fruit and once something i didn't have (plus coconuts of course), but i've seen people saying they've been to 4+ islands and they all had their native fruits. is it just that's it's likely you will get your own but there's a chance you won't?

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
2 questions I have:

How does the fruit counter work? Do I need to get it to 10 before I can chop down trees with a flimsy/stone axe? Also, how does it wear off? Does the number just go back down over time or does it last the day?

How do I bring flowers back from an island? Seems like you don't just pick the flower anymore - you dig the whole thing up? Also, what purpose does a stem have? Can you grow another flower from that if you plant it?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played an Animal Crossing game. But I bought this one. Is there anything a newbie should know going in?
-Don't treat it as a race (I've seen the sentiment "I'm a few days behind" going around online which is weird because there is no real "end" or ultimate goal that everyone must achieve)

-And keep in mind that while the game doesn't kick you out or tell you to stop, you will sometimes hit a point where you have to wait until the next day to unlock the next facility or ability. A big part of the game is looking forward to tomorrow's surprise.

-Don't expect it to be like Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley (if you've played those)

-If in doubt what to do next, ask Nook.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I just got 30,000 bells from a balloon gift. Oh my god. That's the exact amount I would've gotten from this:

So I guess the game is apologizing to me.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Why CAN'T two people on the same Switch play a musical instrument at the same time?! I out my tambourine away as soon as I switch leader to my partner for ocarina.

Oct 28, 2017
2 questions I have:

How does the fruit counter work? Do I need to get it to 10 before I can chop down trees with a flimsy/stone axe? Also, how does it wear off? Does the number just go back down over time or does it last the day?

How do I bring flowers back from an island? Seems like you don't just pick the flower anymore - you dig the whole thing up? Also, what purpose does a stem have? Can you grow another flower from that if you plant it?
1) Eat one fruit, break one rock or dig up one large plant. It wears off when the day resets, if you use a toilet furniture item, or if you use it. It lasts the full day unless you do something to deplete it.

2) Yes, you have to transplant the whole flower by digging it up and replanting it on your island. The stem will regrow another flower over time. You can also take the whole thing (flower intact) with the shovel.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
This tip might be coming too late for some here, but if you need more iron in your town's first few days, here's a method, especially for those who choose to play wholly offline:

Make a second character using another account on your Switch, get them through their shorter tutorial period, and then claim their free Dodo Air pass to a randomly generated island.

You can also log in once a day as that second character to claim one additional message in a bottle, one additional 1,000-bell bag buried in your town, one additional money rock, and one additional Nook Miles check-in bonus.

After about seven days of play, I was generating enough resources/etc to stop logging in as my fake second resident.

dude44

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Dom is just the cutest. Really happy I got him, didn't know he was one of the new villagers until after I finished playing yesterday. Still at work, very excited to play again today.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does anyone know if your durability for tools goes down for things like hitting trees without getting anything or casting your fishing line and reeling it back in?

Whiskeyjack

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to disable the stupid "show-the-item-you-just-picked-up-to the-camera" animation during coop play ?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I had this issue once where it wouldn't let me plant stuff in holes. I think it's some sort of minor glitch. Not to mention I also didn't realize pressing Y kicks dirt over the holes so I missed out planting the first time I saw one -_-
You have to put in the bag of money that you dug up, I believe.
AIZO, your character doesn't appear to have a shovel in his hands for him to bury it

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
1) Eat one fruit, break one rock or dig up one large plant. It wears off when the day resets, if you use a toilet furniture item, or if you use it. It lasts the full day unless you do something to deplete it.

2) Yes, you have to transplant the whole flower by digging it up and replanting it on your island. The stem will regrow another flower over time. You can also take the whole thing (flower intact) with the shovel.
That worked great thanks. Ate 3 fruits and smashed the 3 rocks on the island after farming them.

What about chopping down trees? That have nothing to do with strength? Just has to be a regular axe (not flimsy or stone)?

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Should I buy this?

Cons:
- I've played the original and New Leaf and I always give it up after I run out of things to do.
- I feel guilty about abandoning my villagers forever.
- I made a house on my friend's Switch already.

Pros:
- I'm bored
- My friend lives 40 minutes away
- I have the itch now

Status
Not open for further replies.