• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Update on Blathers:
He's finally here, good.
Except he only accepted 15 donations before closing the donation option because "we need to upgrade the museum now, it'll be close for a full day byyye".

The nerves of this owl, I swear to god.

Now I am forced to display bigass assessed fossils on my island like a peasant.

Once you upgrade the tent to a house, you will be able to store everything inside without it taking space

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Wait... so eating fruits makes you destroy rocks? I thought it was just a rock that was different than the other ones...

The one on the first island i visited also got destroyed except one... i thought it was normal...

FUCK, anyway to makes these come back? I really don't have a lot on my island and there was none on the other side of the rivers

They come back the next day in a different spot

Oct 28, 2017
Wait... so eating fruits makes you destroy rocks? I thought it was just a rock that was different than the other ones...

The one on the first island i visited also got destroyed except one... i thought it was normal...

FUCK, anyway to makes these come back? I really don't have a lot on my island and there was none on the other side of the rivers
One Bell Rock spawns each day, as long as you don't manually destroy it you can get one new rock per day until your island reaches max rocks again.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You always start off with a Jock and an Uchi (Big sister) type.
You always start with an Uchi and a Jock, not sure about the invite character but it would not be surprising. New Leaf had similar restrictions on your first five villagers to guarantee a beginning with varied personalities available. In New Leaf, that was the way to go (having at least one villager with each personality) because they gave you different PWP suggestions. With villagers giving you so many things in this game, it is probably a good idea to keep at least one of each personality type again.

Thanks. The first villager I could have invited was some Popstar Pig who says fam. She can stay on that island.

Oct 27, 2017
I have nothing really to say beyond how much I adore this game. Me, my wife and my 8 year old daughter are running around catching fish and bugs and picking up shells like it's the most fun we've ever had.

I was a bit confused how to get others to join my island but I soon realised they had to start the game in their own accounts and would automatically join my island. Wish the game made that clearer but we're up and running now.

BoondockRiley

Nov 15, 2017
Partly related as this seems to have happened because of animal crossing, crossposting from the Switch OT, I've encountered a major issue with my Switch -

Lost both my jobs yesterday because of CoVID 19 but luckily already downloaded animal crossing so at least I'll be able to play that for the next 12 weeks right? NOPE! My Switch has decided to brick on me, and is now cutting to a black screen with Error Code 2002-4373 every time its in operation for more than about 5 seconds. Was working fine Thursday night but is now fucked. Nintendo's support websites are shit, anyone got any suggestions or shall I just grab a bottle of bleach and some pills now? Cba

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so there was an octopus named Marina all the way back to the original game?

This is why Pearl is the best.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Manually destroy means breaking it with an Axe or Shovel + an eaten fruit. If you're destroying the rock that spawns each day your island will probably remain rock free.

Yeah but you said as long as you don't destroy it... I destroyed it and wasn't aware it was because of the fruit...so it will never reappear? Other people say it will respawn the next day

I'm talking about any rock, not a bell rock or anything...

I'm sad cause i wasted my first deserted island, destroyed all the rock there, i thought i was normal and to prevent you from farming too much

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a trick to planting trees without them ending up too close to eachother resulting in not growing? Been ages since I played AC but I remember that being a problem in the GC game?

EDIT: Ah quick google told me it needs one square space in each direction.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah but you said as long as you don't destroy it... I destroyed it and wasn't aware it was because of the fruit...so it will never reappear? Other people say it will respawn the next day
Only one rock spawns each day. The Bell Rock. It will convert to a normal rock on the next day as long as you don't destroy it. So if you keep not destroying the rocks, after a while your island will have as many rocks as you started with.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Third tour, got a whole bunch of non-native oranges!

EToTJlRUUAAsZVR

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
should i save my nookmiles or can i buy the colors and haircut? Not sure if more inventory expansion will appear or any other usefull things

Only one rock spawns each day. The Bell Rock. It will convert to a normal rock on the next day as long as you don't destroy it. So if you keep not destroying the rocks, after a while your island will have as many rocks as you started with.

Oh i get it, so the bell rock that spawn each day will take the place of the rock i destroyed then, until the island is full again, thanks!

Metanoiable

Mar 19, 2020
Finland
Partly related as this seems to have happened because of animal crossing, crossposting from the Switch OT, I've encountered a major issue with my Switch -

Lost both my jobs yesterday because of CoVID 19 but luckily already downloaded animal crossing so at least I'll be able to play that for the next 12 weeks right? NOPE! My Switch has decided to brick on me, and is now cutting to a black screen with Error Code 2002-4373 every time its in operation for more than about 5 seconds. Was working fine Thursday night but is now fucked. Nintendo's support websites are shit, anyone got any suggestions or shall I just grab a bottle of bleach and some pills now? Cba

that's rough, sorry to hear that

You should try entering maintenance mode and restoring factory defaults keeping saved data. That might help.

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
I used my nook miles ticket and got to an island with bamboo.
Didn't even knew about their existence in the game.
I famed literally every bamboo tree.
I hope they are not mad about that.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
My first Animal Crossing.
Really enjoying it so far.
Also currently I have like 15 friends online on my friend list and all of them are playing AC.
It's gonna sell gang busters

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I wish the design tool designs would look more like this:

9dwiCoR.jpg

And not like this:

efZwxyb.jpg

I f'n hate this cheap smoothing filter so much and it annoys me how nobody really cares about this. ☹️

It's ok on some clothing parts, but makes no sense when you pixel pictures or specially floor pictures. The reason you put many small pictures on the floor together to a big one is to make the pixel for the pictures to get smaller and smaller to have it as crisp and sharp as possible. It just doesn't makes sense why this isn't at least an option. Like the app shows it sharp, even the design tool shows it sharp in the selection picture.

Oct 25, 2017
So I really want to play, but I'm trading in my blue Switch Lite for the Pink one when it comes out in April. Has anyone tested if a *full* system transfer moves your island over? Or am I just stuck waiting till April?

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Is there a way to change the colors of furniture and clothes? I bought glasses and they are yellow, I'd like black or red. The starting Lantern is also Yellow, but I've seen pink on twitter, and dark blue in this very thread?

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Damn, just found Marina on an island and asked her to come to the island.
First octopus villager ever I'll have, and I've played a lot of each game.
Since I got the Zucker amiibo card for super cheap (3€), that'll be 2 octopus villagers at some point !

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I have an island ticket that I am ready to use. How do I chop down trees? Do I need to upgrade my tools before I go to ensure i can chop trees and fish and such?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have oranges if anyone wants - I think easiest way is dodo code? If you can leave any fruit except orange/apple (which I got from mom)

code is
BCC0D

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I forgot how much Blathers hates insects haha. Gonna give him all of them.

Also my friendcode is in my profile, if that's all one needs to come get some oranges.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
So how do I unlock that carrousel quick tool selection?

And do I have to equip the pole every time I want to cross the river?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
This is just the kind of game I needed right now.

Currently de-weeding the first area and grooving to that chill midday island tune.

Oct 28, 2019
Is there a way to change the colors of furniture and clothes? I bought glasses and they are yellow, I'd like black or red. The starting Lantern is also Yellow, but I've seen pink on twitter, and dark blue in this very thread?

Would like to know this as well. There's a menu to paint the colour of your furniture as seen on a stream but can't find it or haven't unlocked it yet perhaps?

So I met someone on an island and invited them back to my island. How long does it take them to show up here?

After you build the store and a bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.