• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Starting to feel like home.

YqtfHBc.jpg

5lx2iY0.jpg

unI1ssO.jpg

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Does all island get the same numbers of rocks? I unlocked the pole and damn there wasn't a single rock on the other sides of my island, kinda annoyed, lol

I think i should wait before using new tickets, since you can't climb the littles cliffs yet, so your ticket is wasted on a island you can't fully explore! And can you find new fruits on these? If so i really wasn't lucky, only found apples there, which are already my fruits, lol
So we know how many days you have to wait before unlocking that upgrade to climb cliffs?

Also i hope the neighbours becomes more interesting with the days passing... their dialogue runs out super fast compared to the one on gameplay (didn't play the others), and you could exchange stuff and send them letter, but nothing right now

Feb 4, 2018
Do I have to wait to gain access to the upper level of my island? Does anyone know how many fossils spawn on the second day, and if you can dig them up on other non-player islands?
You gotta wait a few days unfortunately. Can't count all my fossils since I couldn't check the cliffs, but I counted at least 4. You can also dig them up on the random islands. :)
Holy crap, I caught a snapping Turtle, and it just sits there with no tank! It looks adorable!

Also, most fishtanks have a built in light, just turn them on like any other light.

Also, the mosquito when you put it on the ground is just a glass and piece of paper with a little dot buzzing inside lol

This game is amazing
I NEED THIS

Oct 28, 2017
Do you have to water fruit trees for them to grow, or can you just plant the fruit and wait?
No watering required!
'how do you 'undo' eating fruit - can you burn the energy to get back to 0/10 - I smashed the only two rocks in my reachable area on day 1 but I'm still 1/10 because I ate too many oranges.
You can either sit on a toilet item, wait for the day to reset, or dig up or break things with a tool until you use up all your fruit charges.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
You get all this shit on the third day?
Or are you a tim traveller?

No time traveller. Hate that shit.

Have the game since Thursday and traveling to people gives you so many items. 4 floors and 4 walls in every store, 2 items and my partner also plays on her own Switch with her own copy so we also share all the Nook catalogue items. 😅

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming the house comes a bit later? I'm waiting for the Blathers dude to move in.

I played pocket camp for a week or two when it came out, do I need to reinstall on my phone to get any extra goodies? Don't want to miss out.

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
A sailor is lying on the ground on my beach.
What am i supposed to do?
I want him permanently on my island.
Is that possible?

Oct 28, 2017
I'm assuming the house comes a bit later? I'm waiting for the Blathers dude to move in.

I played pocket camp for a week or two when it came out, do I need to reinstall on my phone to get any extra goodies? Don't want to miss out.
House and Blathers aren't connected together, if you pay your initial loan off with Miles, you can upgrade your tent to a house by talking to Nook again.

ETA: Yes, you need to have Pocket Camp installed to get your eShop code for New Horizons items. Be aware that once you install the content, the items show up for order in the ABD machine, you don't just get them in the mail. Have to buy them, 5 per day and there are 10.

A sailor is lying on the ground on my beach.
What am i supposed to do?
I want him permanently on my island.
Is that possible?
Keep talking to him until he wakes up and gives you a job.
He's a special visitor, he will visit frequently but you can not get him every day.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was liking the game on Day 1 but felt that after a few hours there wasn't really much to do but now that I'm on Day 2 it's really opened up a lot more so I'm loving it. Quick question; what's the best way to get iron nuggets? I've seen like two so far and I need 30.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Maybe I'm missing obvious something but how do you create long sleeved shirts? When I check custom designs or trying creating one it only seems to have an option for a sleeveless shirt.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I have questions.

1.)What do you with fruit other than sell or eat them?

2.)How about fossils other than giving them to Blathers?

3.) Are seashells for selling also?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I want to visit a ERA members island. Do I need a permission slip? Nook TSA was not cooperative at all. .it said people were online playing but didn't let me visit anyone. Is this some weird fault of Nintendo online and their over protection?

Oct 28, 2017
I was liking the game on Day 1 but felt that after a few hours there wasn't really much to do but now that I'm on Day 2 it's really opened up a lot more so I'm loving it. Quick question; what's the best way to get iron nuggets? I've seen like two so far and I need 30.
Nook Miles Tickets. You get a free one for doing one of the initial goals, the island you go to usually has about 4 rocks. Pick up everything around the rock, make sure you don't have any fruit eaten (0/10), and bash it with your axe or shovel to make ores come out. Like in previous games, you can dig holes between you and the rock to minimize knockback so you can get all 8 items from the rock. Then eat a piece of fruit and smack the rock an extra time to nab an extra ore item. Items the rocks give can be rock, clay, iron, or even gold nuggets.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The way you select/switch tools still so heckin bad. Literally all they had to do was put it on L, and make it a proper radial menu you use with the right stick instead of a selection window, and allow you to use it and swap while moving. Instead, it's this obtuse stop and start selection window. Why, Nintendo 😭

The long-term annoyance of this and some other questionable UX in menus is enough to knock off a full point on a ten point scale, if you ask me. They've had five games to figure this out 🤡

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
The best way I've discovered so far is just hitting up those rocks.
I would suggest you to buy nook miles tickets for 2000 nook miles each.
They will transport you to an island that is usually stacked with a lot of rocks.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I can't help but feel like the whole Nook Miles idea was ideated by someone behind the design of Pocket Camp. It's non-monetized monetary-grind in a dedicated-platform release, it's a 'Super-currency' that beats out the ordinary currency in importance. Reminds me a lot of how Dragon Age started going into straight up MMO stuff rather than table-top-y RPG roots.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nook Miles Tickets. You get a free one for doing one of the initial goals, the island you go to usually has about 4 rocks. Pick up everything around the rock, make sure you don't have any fruit eaten (0/10), and bash it with your axe or shovel to make ores come out. Like in previous games, you can dig holes between you and the rock to minimize knockback so you can get all 8 items from the rock. Then eat a piece of fruit and smack the rock an extra time to nab an extra ore item. Items the rocks give can be rock, clay, iron, or even gold nuggets.

Thanks for this, this'll help a lot!

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone try burying the regular shovel in gold spots? Wondering if the Golden Shovel is obtained the same way as the original game.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
This is my first Animal Crossing so no prior familiarity with villagers but a sweet looking penguin dude named Roald is here.

Got peaches and a green airport - let's get this party started.

IMG_20200321_110547.jpg

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I mistaken or aren't the NPCs supposed to have some differing personalities? From streams and my restart it seems the 2 starting NPCs have the same set personalities as does the first one that you can invite.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Am I mistaken or aren't the NPCs supposed to have some differing personalities? From streams and my restart it seems the 2 starting NPCs have the same set personalities as does the first one that you can invite.

You always start off with a Jock and an Uchi (Big sister) type. There are more personality types you'll encounter with new Villagers.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Update on Blathers:
He's finally here, good.
Except he only accepted 15 donations before closing the donation option because "we need to upgrade the museum now, it'll be close for a full day byyye".

The nerves of this owl, I swear to god.

Now I am forced to display bigass assessed fossils on my island like a peasant.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Wait... so eating fruits makes you destroy rocks? I thought it was just a rock that was different than the other ones...

The one on the first island i visited also got destroyed except one... i thought it was normal...

FUCK, anyway to makes these come back? I really don't have a lot on my island and there was none on the other side of the rivers

Oct 28, 2017
You always start with an Uchi and a Jock, not sure about the invite character but it would not be surprising. New Leaf had similar restrictions on your first five villagers to guarantee a beginning with varied personalities available. In New Leaf, that was the way to go (having at least one villager with each personality) because they gave you different PWP suggestions. With villagers giving you so many things in this game, it is probably a good idea to keep at least one of each personality type again.

Status
Not open for further replies.