• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
So have they switched up the Tarantula and Scorpion times?
I'm in the southern hemisphere, and only seen a single Scorpion (That I caught), and no Tarantulas, and from what I've heard, people in the northern have seen Tarantulas but nobody has mentioned a scorpion.

Aside from myself, the only other person I know who has spotted a Scorpion (three to be precise, and got stung 3 times lol) is my local friend, who plays in the southern hemisphere, as someone who is local would obviously.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Do I have to wait to gain access to the upper level of my island? Does anyone know how many fossils spawn on the second day, and if you can dig them up on other non-player islands?

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Seriously this game is so brilliant. First AC game I have played, can't believe what I have been missing.

So relaxing, charming, funny, well written with brilliant characters.

Highly recommended if anybody is on the fence like I was.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Loving this game. I have played 8 hours in NOOK COVE since launch lol. (My island name)

Here are some simple Beginner tips:

—Tarantulas are worth 8000 bells!!!! I run around with my net out because of how fast you have to be once it spots you - but If you are fast they can be caught and sold for easy early Bells!

—Hermit crabs (caught on beach) and Sea Butterfly (caught fishing in ocean) sell for 1000 each. I sold a lot of these today as well.

—drop crap you don't need outside your tent to save space. it will stay there.
You get storage in your first upgrade to a house I hear (waiting......)

—get/save at least 6/7 iron nuggets from hitting rocks because you need 1 for each 2nd tier tool and those last WAY longer than flimsy tier.

—on that note, once you pay rent off and start house (you have to talk to Nook again after the tent payoff and ask about a house - he will THEN offer to build it. I made the mistake of not talking to him right after I paid my tent off, and just realized it 2 hours ago so now I wait longer for my house...and real storage!)

—you can redeem Nook miles for a couple absolutely essential things
A tool ring, expert custom design tools, 2nd tier of tools
so save some miles so you can get a few essentials as soon as they are available.

—moving the right analog up or down gives you 2 view options -closer so you can see the world curve and this things above where you are, and a little more zoomed out and looking down at you a little more.

That's all I can think of right now - I am a beginner and barely played the other games so I've been learning as I go. Everyone here prob experts and don't need this advice but if you're new and confused maybe some of this will help :)

Last edited:

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
So how can I farm iron? I have used the shovel on all the rocks, the only other way is spending Nook Coupons and visiting islands?

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one that doesn't/didn't want to move up to a house from a tent so soon? I wish I could just get a more elaborate tent. I built up this cute little campsite right between a river and some trees. I love seeing my little glowing tent there in the moonlight with a fire going. Getting a house so early just... idk, kills the vibe for me.

But I have to if I want to get Nook Miles+ items... 😔

I guess with how much they hyped up tents, I wish they'd made it so you have to stay in one longer, if only for the aesthetics.

Yeah I'm a little put back by this. I think I'm going to wait one more day before asking for the house. It's crazy to me how the whole pitch has been tents on a deserted island and on day 3 you can have a house.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anywhere that has a big list of custom designs I can look through? I'm not very creative so looking for some codes to scan lol

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm a little put back by this. I think I'm going to wait one more day before asking for the house. It's crazy to me how the whole pitch has been tents on a deserted island and on day 3 you can have a house.

I got my house on day 2. The tent thing wasn't a big draw for me and I wanted the extra storage as I was dumping stuff on the ground lol

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
So have they switched up the Tarantula and Scorpion times?
I'm in the southern hemisphere, and only seen a single Scorpion (That I caught), and no Tarantulas, and from what I've heard, people in the northern have seen Tarantulas but nobody has mentioned a scorpion.

Aside from myself, the only other person I know who has spotted a Scorpion (three to be precise, and got stung 3 times lol) is my local friend, who plays in the southern hemisphere, as someone who is local would obviously.

Southern hemisphere here, can confirm, scorpions have been messing me up XD

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
—holding ZR then moving left analog up or down gives you 2 view options -closer so you can see the world curve and this things above where you are, and a little more zoomed out and looking down at you a little more.

Right analog alone will do it. Holding ZR plus left analog won't do anything.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
If anyone has their Island gates open and has added me from my friend code in the OT I'll be visiting you and leaving my native fruits for you on your island so you can plant them.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017

I have a house on day 2. Unless you're counting tutorial day. I'm happy with my house, but camping on a deserted island was indeed quick.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Holy crap, I caught a snapping Turtle, and it just sits there with no tank! It looks adorable!

Also, most fishtanks have a built in light, just turn them on like any other light.

Also, the mosquito when you put it on the ground is just a glass and piece of paper with a little dot buzzing inside lol

This game is amazing

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Got my peaches island and Fuchsia and Hamlet are my two starters <3 I was excited that I somehow have a heart-shaped lil lake on the map that I chose but then, I realised that I could probably terraform as many heart shaped lakes as I want later on.

Ngl, I'm kinda bummed that you can just download hairstyles from the Nook station. I miss the novelty of going to Shampoodle to get my hair done.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
News from my first day of playing:

1/ I now have the best title.

hIjbZB1.jpg

2/ I caught a BIG figh:

4tqxwFP.jpg

3/ STILL NO FUCKING BLATHERS THE FUCK!

GHSwCA0.jpg

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I must be lucky because the iron nugget grind wasn't too bad.

Now the non-native fruit search is killing me here... third straight ticket with native fruit :(

Also no travelers I'm interested in...

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
So how do you help Gulliver find his stuff? I'm trying to look for something blinking or maybe glittering in the sand, but so far, nothing. I hope I don't have to shovel the whole beach randomly.

Also, are the parts he needs close to where he strands or do you have to look on the whole island?

Alak96

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How often does the fruit reappear on the trees? Yesterday I was selling all the pears in my town, and this morning I tried to do the same, but all the trees are empty ...

Another question: do the stones of the town reappear? I accidentally destroyed them with the shovel yesterday after having taken fruit, but today they have not come out again, and since they are essential to construct buildings, shops and others...

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
How often does the fruit reappear on the trees? Yesterday I was selling all the pears in my town, and this morning I tried to do the same, but all the trees are empty ...

Another question: do the stones of the town reappear? I accidentally destroyed them with the shovel yesterday after having taken fruit, but today they have not come out again, and since they are essential to construct buildings, shops and others...

If it's like the old games it's 3 days for fruit to regrow

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
FYI if you find a golden hole in the ground you can bury money and it'll turn into a money tree eventually
Could you also plant tools to get golden tools? I tried with a flimsy shovel but it just bury it, didnt had a plant base, im guessing i needed to do it with an actual shovel instead of a flimsy one?

Also got another question, when is the right time to call a distrest signal? I found gulliver but he said he called his mates but they doesn't seems to response

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Does all island get the same numbers of rocks? I unlocked the pole and damn there wasn't a single rock on the other sides of my island, kinda annoyed, lol

Also i suppose the character you meet on island will move to your island the next day? I think i should wait before using new tickets, since you can't climb the littles cliff yet, so your ticket is wasted on a island you can't fully explore! And can you find new fruits on these? If so i really wasn't lucky, only found apples there, which are already my fruits, lol

Do we know how many days you have to wait before unlocking that upgrade to climb cliffs?

So how do you help Gulliver find his stuff? I'm trying to look for something blinking or maybe glittering in the sand, but so far, nothing. I hope I don't have to shovel the whole beach randomly.

Also, are the parts he needs close to where he strands or do you have to look on the whole island?

sometime you see small white stuff scattered by the wind on the sand, dig there! You'll find the electronic parts, and also clam that you can use to craft fishbait

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
FYI if you find a golden hole in the ground you can bury money and it'll turn into a money tree eventually
How? I have a golden hole, I know how to turn some of my money into single items, but I can only drop that exactly where I stand, not into the hole.

EDIT: Tried again, now it worked. Weird.

Last edited:

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I found a fellow called Punchy in an expedition just now, he'll be moving to my island soon. This is the first step toward my mainly-cats villagers island!

this is punchy.
Punchy was one of the starter neighbors in my GCN Village and he stayed with that town even though most of the town had turned over due to ample time travel shenanigans, so he's always been a favorite of mine

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Well I feel dumb, this entire time I've been getting only 3 hits per rock. Apparently if you are quick and you dig a hole behind you so you don't move, you can get 7 hits every time. No wonder I l felt like I would never get the store built.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
sometime you see small white stuff scattered by the wind on the sand, dig there! You'll find the electronic parts, and also clam that you can use to craft fishbait
...oh. I discovered the clams earlier and to me it looked like them spraying water (which, I think, is what they do IRL) and I didn't expect electronic parts to also do that 😅 After fishing for moving rocks, I should've expected that, maybe.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.