• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I really lucked out playing as much as I did at midnight. The game must reset at six, like people said, because I have Blathers, all recipes but the ladder, and Nook Miles+ all available plus the airline which I think wasn't supposed to be available Day One?

Is the opening tutorial the only thing in AC history that is purposefully not realtime?
Well technically, if you played at midnight, it's day two.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
7QrsHVF.jpg

please send chairs

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Managed to slam the miles out to make sure my house is on order for tomorrow. Loving this.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Giving up on trying to catch a second boot after finding 5 cans, 5 tires, 2 stones, an Oarfish and a Coelacanth. How is it easier to find two rare big fish than a boot?????

Pazmatic

Oct 28, 2017
Is there split screen for this game? I have a 2 year old that's about to be staying at home all day and need some way to entertain. She does like watching me play, but she did have fun moving the second player around in pokemon let's go.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Does anyone know how inviting villagers to your island works? I invited two people. Are both of them going to come or only one?

I feel like I'm progressing too fast so I'm going to call it quits for today. I see how people can end up playing for hours lol.Evwrytike I thought o was done, I figured out something else I could do. I have only 7k bells, but I feel like I've done so much with decorating my town.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Alright.

Day 1 got house being built, Museum being built, and got enough extra Miles for improved inventory.

Might check back a bit at night to see if there are any nighttime critters but can't wait till I get to play Day 2 after work tomorrow.

Danimaniac

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked, I'm new to Animal Crossing.

I got a "butterfly-fish model" which is a green leaf item in inventory. But I can't place it like other objects. What is this? Do I need to use it somewhere specific?

Thanks for any help.

Deleted member 51306

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Sorry if this has been answered already but my wife and I are playing on the same island and I got the axe recipe from Nook. How does she now get that recipe? She can buy it, but can't find the recipe to craft it.

edit: We figured it out.

Last edited:

Yas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Arctic Circle, Finland
Is there split screen for this game? I have a 2 year old that's about to be staying at home all day and need some way to entertain. She does like watching me play, but she did have fun moving the second player around in pokemon let's go.
The local multiplayer is like the Pokemon Let's Go, you summon a friend (that has moved in and set up her own house) and then you can do stuff together.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm set for the day, have
the donated-for Museum and Nook's Cranny
opening tomorrow so not much left to do today.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Sorry if this has been asked, I'm new to Animal Crossing.

I got a "butterfly-fish model" which is a green leaf item in inventory. But I can't place it like other objects. What is this? Do I need to use it somewhere specific?

Thanks for any help.

Maybe it's something you can hang on the wall? I got a clock that was like that (btw, the game placed it super high. I can barely see it)

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any creepy Easter eggs discovered?

Like in New Leaf there was the alien broadcast at a certain time?

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
I'd like to know this too. About to start playing with my girlfriend. I'm hoping for split screen but haven't heard anything about that anywhere

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So saving manually and reloading doesn't do/altar anything in this game that we can tell right? I remember in some of the older ones it would sometimes cause certain events to happen.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasted all my nook miles on hairstyles only to find out that the one I used in Pocket Camp, which is very similar to my actual hairstyle, is not in the game! There's something kind of similar but it's a little long in the back. Oh well. Maybe more will be added over time.

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Downloading the game now, excited to try my first Animal Crossing!

Feel free to add me if you like! See you on the island :)

SW-7253-4368-6218

Oct 25, 2017
Played way too much of this game last night and today. It's fun getting just sucked into something. Last time that happened was RDR2.

Though I am now feeling that desire to time cheat. Blathers won't accept anything more from me until the museum gets build. The Nook boys store is being built now. I've done two island trips, but both have the same fruit as mine, and I've asked the villagers there to join my island. And I'm running out of space in my house for fish and bugs. I just need tomorrow to come so I can donate again to the museum and see what the new Nook shop is.

I suppose I can grind for nook miles and try another island, but I am starting to suspect I may not get another fruit today; I planted oranges I got from my Mom and coconuts along the beach from the island.

Question: how often do trees and rocks give out branches when you shake them and ore when you strike them? I can't get any of my trees to give me sticks and i'm down to my last net and fishing pole.

Oct 25, 2017
Critterpedia is great. It shows you the current active hours and seasonality of fish and bugs.

It's awesome, and building basically a calendar of active wildlife is going to be one of the most fun tasks in the game, IMO.

God, I love Animal Crossing.

Yup, waiting on my house and museum AND I have 75,000 bells. I'll probably pay for my house the first day I get it.

I don't know if I will have enough bells to pay off my house by the time it gets built tomorrow, but yeah, house on order, museum under construction, I am feeling ACCOMPLISHED as fuck.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I'm glad I got a day's work in right at launch. It'll let me get into the thick of it a bit quicker, as right now I'm all wrapped on day 2, heading into day 3.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Personally am Time Traveling to the next day when I exhaust all there is to do each day, have a lot of time off and want to really dive into building my town.

Addicted though I've played the whole damn day so far.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
BTW, It appears you can store fish an bugs once you get the home upgrade.
I'm pretty sure before in New Leaf you couldn't.
So second day forward you don't need to leave it all strewn across your lawn afer you have already donated 15 items to blathers

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to know yet what the punishment for not playing is?

I loved the original Animal Crossing back in the day but having my favorite villagers move out and weeds growing everywhere if I had other things to do for a week or two killed it after a few months. I want to jump back in but I can't commit to playing the same video game all the damn time.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
So my sister accidentally chose southern hemisphere and doesn't want that. Can you change it?

And if not, she wants to completely restart. Anyone know if either of these are possible?

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
The physical version is all sold out on Amazon and Walmart in Canada. Amazon won't restock until March 29. I have never seen that before.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I played for about half an hour last night, and about 3 hours this morning. I love it. Its perfect and exactly what I wanted.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally am Time Traveling to the next day when I exhaust all there is to do each day, have a lot of time off and want to really dive into building my town.

Addicted though I've played the whole damn day so far.

Are you doing this by forwarding your Switch date?

Maybe the AC games were all like this but it feels like a mobile or service game in that the resources are exhausted until the next real day meaning they want you to play a few hours, every single day for a long time. That's fine with me once I learn the spawns etc. I feel like I'm being artificially gated at the moment.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
A Short Hike was one of my favourite games last year, and people compared it to Animal Crossing. Does this game give similar vibes with a community feeling, fun gameplay, coming back home nostalgia? Never had a Nintendo platform to try the franchise. Here's why I loved the former:
2. A Short Hike - I had no idea I'd find a short excursion into a hometown island where through the goal of hiking up a mountain to connect with your bird mom to be so emotionally resonant and bittersweet nostalgia. On a gameplay level, something as simple as climbing and gliding would bring me such joy and peace. I was continually impressed with the contiguous world as you glide to different parts of the islands, towns, and mountainous areas. Anyone who's into trekking, hiking, and even parkour, will surely find something to enjoy here. If you've had a stressful or distressing year, this nostalgic and relaxing trip that lasts a couple of hours will make you smile from ear to ear as you make connections to others along the way. It's the ultimate feel-good game of 2019, and the less said about it but the more experienced the better.​

Status
Not open for further replies.