• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
crap, there's a tree that's blocking what will become the museum and the flimsy axe won't cut down trees. i should have put the museum somewhere different entirely

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I've never really enjoyed any of the Animal Crossing games much beyond the first month or so, but I've got some serious FOMO about this one.

Things I never liked:
- The "forced" playtime aspect (weeds, villagers moving, roaches, etc. happening if you don't play for a while)
- Kind of aimless (I love Stardew Valley cause there's some goals I can chase beyond just collecting things (finishing the mines, marriage, building the perfect farm, etc.))
- Having a Nook loan to start just feels bad to me

Are these still an issue? Should I even bother trying this game?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never really enjoyed any of the Animal Crossing games much beyond the first month or so, but I've got some serious FOMO about this one.

Things I never liked:
- The "forced" playtime aspect (weeds, villagers moving, roaches, etc. happening if you don't play for a while)
- Kind of aimless (I love Stardew Valley cause there's some goals I can chase beyond just collecting things (finishing the mines, marriage, building the perfect farm, etc.))

All that stuff is in the game.

It's still a game you play a little bit each day, and can't do much to binge.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I guess that's it for today then. I have no space left in my inventory. I hope this Gold nugget I found will be useful one day.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tried the online and it worked well enough. Visited a friend. Weirdly, she had done enough to already have a house (paid off the miles last night), while I was still in my tent until tomorrow. But I also already had Blathers set up and given him enough material to open the museum while she only had the designated tent area set up.

I also now have pears, peaches, and oranges planted.

Things I never liked:

The Nook Miles system offers you points for doing various tasks, it makes the game feel a bit more like a game.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
So I have a NH console coming today... I started last night on my old Switch. Does a full profile transfer work to get stuff to the new console, or am I stuck until we get some sort of data moving tool?

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
I've reset a few times now, here are a few observations :

Starting outfit seems random (or at least a small selection of clothes picked randomly as I got the same multiple times)

The 4 map layouts presented to you are not the same everytime, they are indeed random the same way maps were in older AC games.

When picking your island while with terraforming and the ability of moving most things the layout won't matter, there are a few things to consider you won't be able to change : The airport, the places your rivers go into the ocean, the secret beach to the north, the plaza, the pier and the small plot of land goint into the ocean.

If you want the Plaza to be centered somewhat you'll have more chances with a map where both rivers fall in the ocean to the south of the map.

The question about what you would want to bring to the island has nothing to do with the airport color.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
so my wife started playing before me and made the island. Tom Nook gave her the option to donate her critters, but he isn't giving me the same option! does she have to do it for us?

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but-
One Digital download
Two Switches
Can they play with each other and have different islands?

sharbhund

Oct 28, 2017
I started with oranges, and Mom mailed me some pears that I planted, but I've visited 4 islands with Nook Miles Tickets, and they've all had oranges. Does anyone know if the island fruits change each day, or will I need to go to someone else's island to get the others?

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Things I never liked:

this is the first AC game i have really enjoyed fwiw

it feels way more videogamey than the others

Oct 28, 2017
I started with oranges, and Mom mailed me some pears that I planted, but I've visited 4 islands with Nook Miles Tickets, and they've all had oranges. Does anyone know if the island fruits change each day, or will I need to go to someone else's island to get the others?
There's a chance to get a new fruit each time you use a Ticket, you've just gotten incredibly unlucky.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Do y'all feel like you're progressing too fast? I just made enough donations to get the museum and got enough nook mile points to pay off my initial debt. Should I save bells to pay off the moving fees to prolong the game progression or use my miles?

edit: Turns out the only way to pay the first seems to be book miles

Also a little photo dump:

ETkdriVU8AUgOPV

ETkdaVaUMAI7g9Y

ETkdaVIU0AAlRfd

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
When does it reset? The fish have an awfully narrow field of view and casting the line is ridiculously inaccurate. So hoping it's when the fish bite and you're not quick enough to reel them in.
I don't know. I assume it's when you cock up and press the button too early or too late after it's bitten. My plan is to get all 100 today so that I never have to worry about it again. I'll reset if I break the chain.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Loving things so far, just paid off my moving costs and setup Blathers. Gonna pause till tonight.

Yeesh some of the takes in this thread. Not going to directly reply because I don't want to get into a back and forth but... these design choices are purposeful to create a relaxing and meditative game. Moving and placing furniture? Yeah, it's clumsy at first, just like it is in real life. But, it creates a sense of pride and feeling that this is your space that you put together. Furthermore, it makes you appreciate the eventual upgrade for remodeling. Watering each flower one at a time, shaking each tree, etc. all act as a way to get you exploring the island, running into villagers, seeing them living their lives. Blathers talks too much for you? Well.. yeah. It's right there in his name.

I echo the advice of many in here: this game isn't a sprint, and you'll get the most out of it if you just take it day-by-day and enjoy the little things. The larger accomplishments will follow, and it doesn't matter if you get to them "first"~ that's the fun of visiting other's islands and discovering new ways to spend your time. Of course, if you're into time traveling and such then you're going to have a different perspective, but that approach is at odds with the game's design to begin with.

EDIT: the post above me says it all, lol :)

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way for us to share designs? Cause I am trash at making them and would rather just download people's who are a lot more talented than me.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
How easy is this to play with my partner on the same Switch? Can we play together throughout? Or are there limitations?

Status
Not open for further replies.