• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Huh, I upgraded my axe to stone from the Pretty Good Tools recipe and I still can't chop down trees. Timmy mentioned eating fruit could make me more powerful.. so I did that, but even still I'm not making progress. What am I missing?

ooh, there's also just an Axe proper.. interesting that it requires the flimsy axe as a base rather than the first upgrade.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
How do you chop down trees? I only get the 3 wood when I hit them with an axe, and I've tried holding down the button as well as eating a fruit beforehand (I've seen some people say that may or may not affect whether or not you break a rock when you hit it with an axe, but both of my rocks broke on one hit from an axe without me ever eating a fruit sooooo) and nothing. Got a daily tied up behind it.
Edit: forget I said anyhting, I tried again and it's not that

Last edited:

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
So I basically in day 2 now. It seems it is gonna take a while to collect those ingot since the rocks are pretty uncommon on my islands.

Is there a showcase website where I can scan other designs? I don't know much about designs and I just wanna use others.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Huh, I upgraded my axe to stone from the Pretty Good Tools recipe and I still can't chop down trees. Timmy mentioned eating fruit could make me more powerful.. so I did that, but even still I'm not making progress. What am I missing?
You need to make the axe, not the stone axe. The picture shows a sharp edge. It requires and iron nugget instead of stronger wood.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Paid off the first basic loan but there's still no axes, shovels or poles to be found 🤨. Guess I'm done for the day...

I forgot how hard this game is to binge.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Named my island Exegol.

Yeah.

Better than Rocksalot and Swoleville that Deirdre and Genji suggested lol.

Briar36

Nov 27, 2017
Manhattan
Never played Animal Crossing in my life, don't know the first thing about it, so this should be interesting. Got peaches whatever that means.

aCid

Aug 18, 2018
Canada
Regarding the starting villagers, will you eventually get to meet the other villagers that you could have potentially started with?

I played just past the introduction into the first day, and I don't really want to re-roll as it doesn't seem to be that kind of game... but would prefer other neighbours (no offense to Cherry "what what")... do other villagers have different personalities?

This is my first AC, and I'm really enjoying it so far, just wondering if I'm not super into my neighbours personality, if I should re-roll
Cheers!

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I got apples/blue airport
villagers are teddy and agnes

we made out aight

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
f2ABsjm_d.jpg
I'm a woman of my word

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
so i invited my pal around the island for a short while but he hasn't turned up in the friends app on the Nook phone? is this a glitch or did we do something wrong?

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the regular Axe (the one that has the recipe in the 3,000 nook mile DIY bundle) will cut down trees after 3 swings.

Anyone have any clarity on how/why rocks break though? Both of mine broke after one hit from the axe which is super annoying since I now have no further source of iron nuggets on my island. I hadn't eaten fruit beforehand which people are saying makes you stronger, so not sure what the deal it. Outside of the 1 (?) rock that respawns daily am I just out of luck without going to other islands now? :/

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know how fast stuff respawns? I wanna to ransack all the wood and cherries but don't want to leave my gf with nothing this evening after she finishes work

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
I got pears, which aren't particularly exciting to look at lol. Still, I feel very lucky to have these starting villagers!

2oI4Uci.jpg

I don't remember one being based on Donkey Kong, but there he is!

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Here I am still indecisive about my island name ..... I hate this xD I'm so glad they cut on the number of permanent decisions in the game after that.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Does the ability to Sell get turned on after a couple of days? I've weeded the fuck out of my island and crafted loads of umbrellas.. I am hoping I can sell them! Does Nook turn that feature on soon?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ok someone help with power and tools

-I broke all the rocks with a flimsy axe - I may or may not have eaten a fruit.
- I have "1/10" at the top of the screen right now - is that increased power? It's been there for ages
- if so, how do I use it up?
- are there safe tools to use on rocks? I don't have the recipe for flimsy shovel yet

I am done for the day but just want to make sure I don't mess up in future days by smashing rocks. I want to get iron out of them if possible. Right now I have no iron and no rocks left in the little bit of island left

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Please add me and my husband, we like having visitors and seeing other people's islands:)
We just had a great visit from an era (I think) friend who made us both poles and matching tunics...🤣 good times! Thx Miller!

Friend Codes
5831-8153-2523
&
0556-8135-8025

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere...
I had 30000 saved up, and then I saw there's the Animal Crossing Switch for sale on Nook Shopping so I spent all my savings (35960 bells) :( Got the Museum, house, and tools + inventory upgrades though, so overall very productive :)

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
Extremely disappointed. Royal Mail were meant to deliver it today, but seemingly haven't. Guess I've got to wait another day.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
having a difficult time talking myself out of time traveling... although i could just play doom eternal some more. but I want to check a look at the museum and unlock more facilities :(

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
ETkLnTbU0AATe22

Maybe if I block the entrance with tons of bugs, Blathers will realise my intentions. Go faster, you feathered bookworm!

I must be the only one in here who wanted pears in my island. I don't have a problem with oranges, but pears are my favourite fruits IRL.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Alrighty then, that's a good day one.
At midnight I paid my debt for the trip, got the house, got Blathers. Went to bed, this morning, surprisingly, Blathers was already there, museum will be done for tomorrow. Paid my debt for the house, will have an expansion tomorrow too.
But I haven't finished, Shop will be constructed tomorrow too.
AND I've "recruited" 3 more villagers: Bangle, Ozzie and Lolly.

Final plan for today, wait for the evening and chase some new fishes and bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.