• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Reading through some of the posts / pages here, few of you really need to understand Animal Crossing isn't about doing as much stuff as possible in a day/session. It's a chill game, so play it accordingly. ^^

That said, i fully expect my evening to answer questions to my impatient kids doing the same.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Question: if my wife buys this on cartridge and starts her own island on her system, can she play her island on my switch if I have an island save on mine?...I'm guessing the answer is no..

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
How do I go to other islands?
It's a Nintendo game so it's clumsy and confusing BUT...

If you want to go to an actual person's island, they need to have their gate open. Then talk to the Dodo to visit their island. However you have no idea if their island is open so you just have to hope someone in your Switch friends list has their gate open. After you visit them you can request to be a Best Friend so you can see their online status in the future.

You can also get a Dodo code at the airport to give someone to specifically visit your town and vis versa.

If you have a lot of Switch friends you might randomly catch someone who is open (did it twice today) or use the Discord to try to set something up.

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've hit a gridlock for today! I weeded and cleaned up my entire gathering area, crafted a fishing rod, fished a lot, presented them to Nook, and finished crafting everything else (watering can+axe).

Blathers is moving in tomorrow presumably but I can no longer present things to Nook and my fishing rod/axe broke and I only have different types of -wood, not tree branches :/ So I can't re-craft anything either. Might as well go study now and just check back in tonight maybe

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Going to other islands requires those Nook Plane tickets right?
So they make it seem that way but when I was messing around with things this morning it seemed like you didn't. Like, there was a part that said use ticket then another option to go to someone else's island. When you choose someone else's island there is nothing that talks about using tickets. But I haven't gone through with it yet so I'm not sure.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
It's a Nintendo game so it's clumsy and confusing BUT...

If you want to go to an actual person's island, they need to have their gate open. Then talk to the Dodo to visit their island. However you have no idea if their island is open so you just have to hope someone in your Switch friends list has their gate open. After you visit them you can request to be a Best Friend so you can see their online status in the future.

You can also get a Dodo code at the airport to give someone to specifically visit your town and vis versa.

If you have a lot of Switch friends you might randomly catch someone who is open (did it twice today) or use the Discord to try to set something up.

I have zero switch friends...
Am I screwed?

Jan 4, 2018
My weeds are plucked, flowers are planted, DIY stuff is built, trees have been de-apple'd, Blathers camp is under construction, and my tent is paid off with construction of my house underway for tomorrow. What's my next step? Exchanging miles for the special tour ticket?

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
A few questions:

1. can we visit others yet?

2. if we can...when hitting rocks for bells, if the visitor takes all the bells out, are there any left for the main inhabitant?

3. for online multiplayer does the visitor keep what they mine/pickup/net/fish?

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Many apologies if this has been asked, but how exactly does local co-op work? I just started a game and got the phone. Wifey wants to join in, but I don't see the option.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I can't... I'm gonna time travel. Messed up by not giving stuff to Nook so I'll only have Blathers tent tomorrow, no can fucking do, I have today off.

To anyone that has time travelled, if you unlock Blathers and you turn the clock back to realtime, does he remain on the island?

Jan 4, 2018
Do what you want? There is not a "next step" in animal crossing.

I wanna get some more villagers, find a way to cross the river that's blocking off the other half of the island, and gain access to characters like the Able Sisters. By next step I mainly meant "how do I unlock some more of the game's features". I've breezed through a lot on the first day but I'm in no rush if there's things I have to wait on because I've got DOOM Eternal to play if I find a good stopping point.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I have done absolutely everything I can on the first day.
I think the only thing left is just to aquire more currency.

I feel a touch put out, I thought there would be more to do at the start.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I love the first timers having all these questions and everyone being really supportive with answers - there's a lot of small stuff in this game that can easily be missed... we'll all figure out a lot of this stuff together over the next few days and week :) This is going to be fun!

Oct 31, 2017
So my partner and I are playing on the same console with one copy of the game, if I bought another switch and another copy would they have to start over from scratch or is there any way to transfer their character and items?

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I can't help myself with this game. I don't time travel but I have fished and bug caught the shit out of this island, and done several dozen Nook Miles + activities.

I feel like I might burn through the 'content' too fast considering I'm almost 1/3 through the critterpedia already.

Obviously there are much more long term goals such as island designing and furniture/clothes/shops/villagers etc but I do wish that there was just so much more to fish/catch. I want it to be overwhelming. I wonder if this will be updated into the game? I'm super curious what the updates will entail.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Reading through some of the posts / pages here, few of you really need to understand Animal Crossing isn't about doing as much stuff as possible in a day/session. It's a chill game, so play it accordingly. ^^
I honestly think it's at some kind of mid-point now. You get a deserted island where there's honestly nothing to do at first but grind. Of course people just start treating it like that, not to mention it's the opposite of streamlined now that there's multiple currencies to work with. You gotta get bells but also nook miles and there's stackable crafting currencies everywhere. It just incentivizes this "Gotta do all this stuff!" feeling in me.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So my partner and I are playing on the same console with one copy of the game, if I bought another switch and another copy would they have to start over from scratch or is there any way to transfer their character and items?

I think Nintendo said that a transfer option/method is planned sometime this year, but atm it's not possible to transfer anything outside of a broken/stolen system.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
at the rate I'm going I'm gonna have this house paid off before it's even built. lol

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've hit a gridlock for today! I weeded and cleaned up my entire gathering area, crafted a fishing rod, fished a lot, presented them to Nook, and finished crafting everything else (watering can+axe).

Blathers is moving in tomorrow presumably but I can no longer present things to Nook and my fishing rod/axe broke and I only have different types of -wood, not tree branches :/ So I can't re-craft anything either. Might as well go study now and just check back in tonight maybe
You can get infinite tree branches if you keep shaking trees (and also outright buy the tools from the shop)

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
How do you chop down trees? I only get the 3 wood when I hit them with an axe, and I've tried holding down the button as well as eating a fruit beforehand (I've seen some people say that may or may not affect whether or not you break a rock when you hit it with an axe, but both of my rocks broke on one hit from an axe without me ever eating a fruit sooooo) and nothing. Got a daily tied up behind it.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I don't know anything about AC but I watched a review and was shocked that you have to wait actual real time for things to happen. I don't want to play it everyday like a second job so that put me off - is this perception of it accurate?
It's accurate but when you're really in the zone, the game becomes a thing where you just play for 1 or two hours every day or every second day and do as you like. The game will often hit a point where there's not much "Progress" to make in a single day. I personally always saw these games as part of the OS in a sense. They're also loosely based on the Tamogochi idea.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Ok I almost want to make a thread about this since it is a big issue to my house and probably is for others:

There are rumors of big restrictions to anyone other than the first profile to play the game.

Everyone on the switch shares the same island as we know, and there wasn't supposed to be a "mayor" like in New Leaf, but anyone other than the first person on the island is rumored to have huge restrictions in what they can do/experience:

While I can understand restrictions on crafting due to resources being taken by another player already, not being able to donate creatures to the museum, not getting a tutorial, not being introduced to villagers, not participating in events, would SUCK. My wife and I want to play this together, but after learning about this I told her to play first to make sure she gets the full experience. Someone in those threads even said they couldn't get medicine for bee stings unless player 1 had already received it.

Can anyone else please chime in to confirm/refute these restrictions?

I game share with my girlfriend (she has her own switch), and I bought the game under my profile. No issues we've noticed

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
How do you chop down trees? I only get the 3 wood when I hit them with an axe, and I've tried holding down the button as well as eating a fruit beforehand (I've seen some people say that may or may not affect whether or not you break a rock when you hit it with an axe, but both of my rocks broke on one hit from an axe without me ever eating a fruit sooooo) and nothing. Got a daily tied up behind it.

You need a better axe to chop down trees. At least that was the only way I've managed to do it.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
You need the higher quality axe to do that

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I've done everything I should do on day one. Placed Blathers's tent and upgraded my house.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
The inaccuracy of flower planting is driving me insane. I space out and stand right where I want the flowers to go, trying to plant a line, and then they plop down beside me instead. And I can't pick them up and replant? Do I just have to wait until they bloom first?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The inaccuracy of flower planting is driving me insane. I space out and stand right where I want the flowers to go, trying to plant a line, and then they plop down beside me instead. And I can't pick them up and replant? Do I just have to wait until they bloom first?
You pick them by digging them up with a shovel

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
I'm on day 2nd day and donated what I needed to blathers to open the museum. Is there a way to see what I've donated so far without having to talk with him?

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
You mean she has her own switch but you two are sharing a switch for this game? Good to hear you haven't had issues so far. How does the second player get the recipe for the axe/shovel?

Essentially we both have our own switch, but my profile is primary on HERS, so she can play the game too. The game let us have our own islands somehow, so that hasn't been an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.