• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Solar Puffin and I are both Australian so we've had the game a bit longer than most people (and I'm guessing both our islands are southern hemisphere too, which impacts availability)

Other than that? Lots and lots of fishing :'D
Been playing the game alll day. Caught so many rare fishy.
Many rare fishy. A frankly absurd amount of fishy.
Great white
Hammerhead
Aripaima
Arowana

Anyway, I have a question for anyone who can answer. I bought the game digitally, and I have both a switch lite and a normal switch.
Now, I know that if someone tries to play AC on both at the same time, someone will be kicked off.
But I'm wondering if this is still the case if I was to buy a physical copy in conjunction with the digital copy.
Does anyone know how this works?
I'm wondering on my sister behalf, as I have told her she's free to play AC on my Lite if she wishes, but I told her she should consider buying a physical copy, but before she does that, I want an answer to this.

Deleted member 54216

Banned
Feb 26, 2019
You can only play with people on your friends list and people that know your code?

Why is there no third option.
That's a bummer for me.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i feel like I've settled my tent in such a scuffed place lmao. i've got the 5000 miles and asked Nook to upgrade to a home but does it just go where your tent is?

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
exactly I need to know

Do you use bait?

Yeah, but the bait hasn't lured any of the big boys, they've just naturally spawned and I've fished them up. I've broken uhhh, 2 standard fishing rods and I haven't counted how many flimsy ones

Been playing the game alll day. Caught so many rare fishy.
Many rare fishy. A frankly absurd amount of fishy.
Great white
Hammerhead
Aripaima
Arowana

It was raining in my island all day so, I did the same, cause not like there were many bugs out in the rain XD

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Yeah, but the bait hasn't lured any of the big boys, they've just naturally spawned and I've fished them up. I've broken uhhh, 2 standard fishing rods and I haven't counted how many flimsy ones

It was raining in my island all day so, I did the same, cause not like there were many bugs out in the rain XD
Sucks to be u, cus I have many rare buggos too.
Including a scorpion.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
First Ac game. Stuck in 45 minutes earlier and I can forsee myself losing my life to this. Got a rough idea of what I want my AC life to be like haha. Got to my first day and played with the phone. Will play half hour later on as well. Won't try and rinse this.

Oct 27, 2017
If somebody wants a cool flag for the game ☺️

Tf3lm2a.png

Have fun!

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
oooooo my god my birb neighbour just saw me planting flowers and came over and watered them for me this is so wholesome

Yes but you can change the position of your house later on by giving Nook 5000 miles.
ah shit lol 🤦‍♂️ my dumbass thought it'd be cute to put the tent on a small corner of a beach but it's a bastard to navigate round

Fabeltjes

Banned
Mar 7, 2020
Not sure if it's ok to ask here but does anyone want to trade fruits? I have apples.

It's been a couple of years since I last played New Leaf and I almost forgot just how wholesome and relaxing these games are. Can definitely see this beating Mario Kart as my most played switch game.

Nov 14, 2017
I think I'm gonna be buying this for my niece. I've heard that you can game share on Switch now, is that true? They have two Switches in their house so it would be nice is possible.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
1st day: Can't donate more fish/bugs because Blathers is coming to the island.
2nd day: Can't donate more fish/bugs because Blathers is going to create the museum.

My Gods, my Gods, why hast thou forsaken me!?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Can I wait to put the museum down? Want to place it in the north but I'm cut off. Don't know how long before I can make/buy a bridge

also are branches just naturally spawning - I cant get them with an axe? Axe breaks and I have tons of wood but no branches

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Considering the fact I'm not musically talented anyone here think they could make a town tune for me out of this? I'd much appreciate it as I don't think I'm capable of doing it myself.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Can I wait to put the museum down? Want to place it in the north but I'm cut off. Don't know how long before I can make/buy a bridge

also are branches just naturally spawning - I cant get them with an axe? Axe breaks and I have tons of wood but no branches
You're most likely not going to get a bridge because you won't progress until that museum is installed

Oct 28, 2019
Is this like Pokémon with the rods e.g. you can only catch a goldeen with a good rod and not an old rod, can I use my flimsy rod to catch some real shit?

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Stay up playing until 4 am so that I could pay off my initial loan and set up the first amenity tent (so I wouldn't need to wait a whole extra day for it to be built). I already had enough fish/bugs to upgrade it, so it's immediately on another cooldown. Ready to visit another island, but this next objective... seems like it may take a while.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
You can do it now. Hover over an item and then hold down A.
Wdym? Move stuff around? Hold A and move it. If you're talking about storage, once you get your house you can store things in the storage there.
I didn't know that lmao...thanks

damn. Can I move it later then? River cuts off the top half of the map which I was ok because that was going to be museum etc
Apparently you can

Nov 14, 2017
Also, this has probably been asked, but does a player have to be online for you to visit their island? Or are the islands stored on a server you can just log into even if they are offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.