• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Alright, my island is "cut off" by its river systems so until I get the ability to cross rivers, I'm stuck in my initial section of the island.

I feel I've exhausted everything I can do tonight. My tent is upgrading to a house and Blathers is incoming and I have enough bells saved up to instantly pay off my house debt once Tom Nook completes construction. Also gathered enough Nook Miles to buy the first storage expansion and holding a ticket for whenever the airport opens up so I can go visit another island.

If there's anything I fell short on, it was that I was selling all my fishing/net catches to gather the Bells to be ready for my house debt to clear — so I have a pretty limited range of species to hand over to Blathers once the museum is up and running. But at least there were the few I gave over to Nook to start, too. I'll have tons of time to play since I can play this at work, and honestly COVID-19 has made my work pretty slow so plenty of downtime to look forward to.

Great to have a full AC game again.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Fixing the switch date fixed it in AC.

I have Coach the gym enthusiast and Sylvia the kangaroo mom as my first residents.

How does fishing work? I've casted my rod at water and at suspicious looking fish shadows, but to no avail.

BabyYoda

Banned
Nov 12, 2019
So this my first AC and my first day, very exciting haha

What do I do with the caught fish and insects? Just sell them?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Fixing the switch date fixed it in AC.

I have Coach the gym enthusiast and Sylvia the kangaroo mom as my first residents.

How does fishing work? I've casted my rod at water and at suspicious looking fish shadows, but to no avail.
toss it towards the front of the fish and when the lure sinks under the water after however many bites you mash A.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
ETi4z0RUYAAWjZn

Fishy 2: Electric boogaloo

ETi9aDIUMAIpZtl

Stingy boy

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Feeling like I lucked out here, really happy 💚 glad to be playing AC again. First time since the GC and feels like home again.

img_20200320_104351nwj0r.jpg

img_20200320_104346z3jaj.jpg

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I THINK catching a scorpion involves playing red light green light with it, as it will switch between threatening you and slowly moving away when you approach it with a net.
I wasn't attacked, but I imagine it will if you make a move when it's facing you.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Hoooooly shit, went on the Mystery Island tour and came across a fuckton of bamboo shoots. THE ISLAND EXPANDS.

3x

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I'm done for the night, got 7,000 bells, figured out where Blather is going, and paid off the 5,000 Nook Miles loan. It's 06:00am, so good night. Game is addicting.

Feb 10, 2018
So you can't play multiplayer until the 2nd day, right ? Or am I missing something ?

I feel like I've done everything there is to do on the 1st day, with the museum being built and the 5000 nooks points gotten

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When does the hourly music kick in? I paid off my Nook miles already. I played for 5am-7am and it's been the same song each hour.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I've only had a few moments to play this morning before work. I imagine I am still in the very early tutorial/into mission... I can't even hit pause at this point or look at the game menus :p

Can anyone tell me at which point I can play local co-op with my family? Also are they able to create their own characters that live on the island? Finally if I decide to play solo do their characters turn into NPC's or disappear completely?

So many co-op questions :p

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Anecdotal but this game is the perfect game to use frame interpolation on TVs to get that 60 FPS feeling without compromising too much in image quality as artefacts are kept to a minimum given the nature and speed of the camera. Input lag isn't an issue with AC games so yeah, looks just great.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
How are you all catching these fish already. Hahaha, I'm over here catching carps and goldfish.

Solar Puffin and I are both Australian so we've had the game a bit longer than most people (and I'm guessing both our islands are southern hemisphere too, which impacts availability)

Other than that? Lots and lots of fishing :'D

Oct 28, 2019

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize the next day was just the next time the sun came out. So doing the house and Blathers stuff near midnight earlier meant that I just had to wait for daytime, rather than Saturday for them to trigger.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
I slightly messed up with my island choice and am separated from about a third of my island as its blocked by rivers. Ah well I suppose it won't be too long before I can craft a pole and bridges.

I am a little annoyed that my fruit is pears AGAIN, after having them already in City Folk and the original.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I got oranges with a green airport. I was hoping for cherries...How easy is it to "reroll" my island?

Status
Not open for further replies.