• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Damn a kangaroo and a sheep - do I reset or just work to kick them out ASAP? At least I have oranges

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully reset time is at 6am as I bought a house/the museum at like 5:30am. I don't know how true that is though as I had Nook give a morning announcement at 5am.

Guess I'll find out in 5 minutes.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I feel like I messed up a little bit...

I picked an island with a good 1/3 of it surrounded by river so cannot access it atm.. I've also run out of resources on the part I can access (as I stupidly sold everything). Should I stick it out for now it would you guys reset?
You can shake trees for sticks pretty much forever so you're not completely out of options

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Love it SOOOOOOO much.

My Island is named St Maurice (its a play on the Ski resort St Moritz, Mauritius and Islands like St. Lucia or St Martin)

Peaches :D

and there is a goat named Pamela and my buddy Axel who rocks!

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there supposed to be a trial code for the Nintendo Online service with a digital purchase? No idea how to obtain that.

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting for my copy to arrive. Gonna make my isolation period a lot more fun.

Not planning to reset the game unless I really hate the villagers I get.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have nookmiles+ quests for: chopping wood (my portion of the island is cleaned out) chopping down a tree (I only have flimsy tools and don't think they work for this) catching a wasp (I've already shaken all the trees I have access to too.) Super annoying that three of my quests aren't progressable rn! 1150 miles til pretty good tools.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
90356687_10163074218455234_7003965188638507008_o.jpg

Time to leave this passive-aggresively outside Blathers too I guess

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing AC on the tv again made me smile. Plus the game looks fantastic.
I'm guessing giving these fish and bugs to Nook will eventually place them in my museum?

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Island set in: Northern hemisphere, region: Europe
First two residents: a kangaroo and a koala lol.
I guess it makes sense, if you want to start a new life on a remote island it might as well be as far away from your previous home as possible.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to get Blathers to provide details about the fish/bugs you gave to Nook at the beginning? I noticed that stuff you already donated can't be selected in your inventory.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Appears to be a new behavior. In the previous games as soon as you had a net in your hands they would chase you to the ends of the Earth. Now they rear back and hiss at you first. As long as you don't approach while they're hissing they won't chase.

I kind of lucked out there then lol. I just slow walked up to it and caught it. Figured running would just spook it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Is there any way to get Blathers to provide details about the fish/bugs you gave to Nook at the beginning? I noticed that stuff you already donated can't be selected in your inventory.
Yes, when you open the museum you can tell Blathers to give you details on the stuff you donated (so the stuff you gave Nook will be there too.)

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to starting this after work but I am torn between two island names - Nimbus or Delfino.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Can you play local co-op with just one Joy-Con controller? Wondering if I can set up 3-player with my wife and son as I've got the joycons and one pro controller.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
I'm supposed to be working from home, but I just had to give it a little play. God it's so lovely :) I have a cheetah/leopard guy, and a superhero rabbit, so I'm pretty happy.
I called my island Esperanto, which means 'hope', seemed appropriate at the moment...It's also a nice Red Dwarf reference for any old timers out there.

bender

Oct 27, 2017
Day one complete. Some 18 broken fishing poles later and I was finally able to nab my second boot and craft the recycled boots. Was it worth it? Probably not.

ETi7LXcVAAAzsdb

On the other hand, I caught two of these monsters:

ETi7UVdU4AAdchK

And my bank account is nice:

ETi7P69U8AIiDD3

Can't wait to move my tent to the island on my island:

ETi8kRsUMAQaef_

The Nook family is drowning in fish.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I probably have the worst looking island at the moment, since I just placed stuff randomly for Nook Mile+ stuff, but I finally got the Nook Miles for expanded inventory and better tools along with some of the other Nook Miles upgrades as well as a ticket for tomorrow presumably. Gonna call it a night now. My villagers are Flo, who seems pretty cool, and Samson, who seems like a nice enough literal gym rat.

The added gameplay loops with Nook Miles and crafting definitely got me more invested compared to New Leaf when I briefly tried that game. I literally played New Horizons for 6 hours straight, which I don't do too often for video games these days.

You need a real axe. Flimsy and stone won't work. Also I think maybe Blathers gives you the blueprint for the shovel, thats what I assumed

I see, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.