• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if the starting questions determine the airport colour?

My SO kept restarting and getting a yellow airport with the food answer. Only after eventually picking another option did it generate as a different colour.

I'm curious to know what others have experienced.

I picked Sleeping Bag and got a green airport.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Ahhh, this is so nice, and Animal Crossing soundtracks are always so chill.

When can I build bridges? Can I even do that? My map cordons off my island into 4 sections because or rivers, but without any bridges I can only roam the main chunk atm?

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So what is this game about? Is it just like sims? Need a new game to play on isolation
In broad terms it's like sims, but you can do more things (fishing, collecting, ..), have more social aspects (you live with other animal-characters who each have their own quirky nintendo-like personalities), control you character directly etc.
It's also realtime with day/night cycles, has special events on certain hours/days/months/holidays, follows the seasons etc..

So it's also totally not like sims.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Ok so it's our first night on our beautiful new island getaway! After a very long and tense argument, we all finally decided to name the island Kyoshi. The native fruit on our island seems to be pears! I hear that pears are by far the best fruit and that you should honestly pick a new island if you get anything else, so I think we lucked out! I spent a lot of time pulling up all the weeds around the island and trying to get it looking all nice, but there appears to be parts of the island that I can't reach since I can't seem to cross the river yet. Bummer! The weeds on that side of the island will have to wait until another day.

So here are my island-mates! First we have Buck.

latest

Hmm, this seems to be an older photo of Buck, he looks different now. Maybe I can ask him for a more recent photo. Anyway, the first thing this guy says to me when I speak to him is that his name is Buck and he's here to...party! Weird! He seems big into fitness so maybe he'll help keep us all in shape as we gorge ourselves on pears.

My other island-mate is the wonderful Cherry!

latest

And she is the best! I was thinking to myself before I signed up for the island getaway how much I wanted an upbeat goth dog as a friend and lo and behold here we are. We already seem to be getting along well and I even helped her pick out a good spot for her tent! Well, I helped Buck too but who cares about Buck. I hope this is the beginning of a great friendship!

So yeah, that's my island. Can't wait to try and develop it into a little village! This is my first time ever doing something like this so I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. It's designed this way. You get the Vaulting Pole to jump later.
You get the jumping stick on day 2 (when you get Blathers' tent set up), bridges are something that you can build from day 3+.
hoping the daily reset is at 6am and not midnight lol

everyone i've talked to has been "trapped" in some capacity
Thanks. On to day two then!

seady

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 21, 2019
I just realize at the top of Resetra page there is an Animal Crossing leaf logo. Is that always there and I just notice it today?

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Whoah I didn't know you could catch tarantulas that way. I've been letting them chase me until I got a good lead, then I turn and swipe.

Easiest 8,000 bells ever your way.
Appears to be a new behavior. In the previous games as soon as you had a net in your hands they would chase you to the ends of the Earth. Now they rear back and hiss at you first. As long as you don't approach while they're hissing they won't chase.

Deleted member 19742

Oct 27, 2017
Any way to get some storage space on your first day? My pockets are constantly full.

I'm not under the impression you can get anything at all for storage on the first day. You can leave stuff you really want to keep outside, then store it later when other methods open up (admittedly, I don't know much about said methods other than buying a dresser or fridge, and having those show up to buy from the Nooks may be a matter of pure luck), but I don't know anything otherwise.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
While im a fan of the duck i got i already hate the pig character, terrible design and way of talk. Want to get rid of her as soon as possible and i hate that is random getting rid of villagers again.

Do we know if the starting questions determine the airport colour?

My SO kept restarting and getting a yellow airport with the food answer. Only after eventually picking another option did it generate as a different colour.

I'm curious to know what others have experienced.
If they do, theres still a random element on it.
I pick entertainment on my 6 reboots and got one yellow and the rest green, got red by picking food.
But other people are getting green from other choices.
Fruits i got pears the most, but also oranges and peaches.

I think that (and only shwoing 4 island designs from the possible high amount on each reboot) was a terrible design choice for part of nintendo, the colour shouldnt have been random, much less when the game finally starts giving 2 fucks about player choice and perfect town design.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
So i'm quite interested in getting this game but i'm not sure if I wanna buy this digital or physical. Digital I get to play it immediately and on the fly, however if I were to find out I'm not that into the game I can't resell it.

If I buy it physical, I need to wait a day to play, but if i won't like it I still have the opportunity to sell it.

Reading how this game is played for small bits a day, option 1 would seem the better choice. However, seeing the games i've bought the past few months are already collecting dust I think option 2 would be the safer one.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
So I feel like I messed up a little bit...

I picked an island with a good 1/3 of it surrounded by river so cannot access it atm.. I've also run out of resources on the part I can access (as I stupidly sold everything). Should I stick it out for now it would you guys reset?

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney

I picked an island with a good 1/3 of it surrounded by river so cannot access it atm.. I've also run out of resources on the part I can access (as I stupidly sold everything). Should I stick it out for now it would you guys reset?
That's all islands. You'll get a way to cross on the second day.

Deleted member 19742

Oct 27, 2017

I'm like 99% sure that most if not all island options have an inaccessible part that you can't get to initially. Don't sweat it. I think Day 2 gives you something to get past the river.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Jealous.
Do you know if the rocks reset daily or on a 3/6/12 hour cycle?
Literally 4 iron short of the shop. Tempted to buy another Nook ticket to get it done today.
Don't quote me on this but I'm preeeeeeeetty sure it's daily. Still not 100% certain though.
How many in-game days and real-time hours did this take you?
Like 4-5 in-game days and around 5-6 real life hours on and off. I've been time travelling because I'm impatient lol.
Are you time traveling?
o7

polyrizumu

May 15, 2018
Got to the end of day 1, paid off my arrival bill and have 110k bells in savings to pay off my home loan tomorrow. Resisting the urge to time travel so I can play at work tomorrow lol

Status
Not open for further replies.