• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the difference between a flimsy axe and a real axe and how do I upgrade?
Flimsy axe and stone axe are good for knocking trees to get wood without cutting them down.

Real axe gets you wood but cuts the tree down leaving a stump that can be dug out.

You need to use your Nook miles points to get the DIY recipes for the upgraded tools to make the real axe.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Argh my pro controller is dead! Why didn't input it on to charge last night?

how long to charge from the switches USB port to get a few hours play from it?

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
From reading this, it seems like I screwed up!? I haven't gotten an axe yet, despite paying off my first debt and done "everything" I can do.

Tom Nook just doesn't offer anything about creatures or blathers or axe, he just talks about how my house will be ready by tomorrow. :/

Hopefully I'll get one tomorrow instead...
You can also buy the Axe recipe from Timmy under Misc items for 280 bells

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From reading this, it seems like I screwed up!? I haven't gotten an axe yet, despite paying off my first debt and done "everything" I can do.

Tom Nook just doesn't offer anything about creatures or blathers or axe, he just talks about how my house will be ready by tomorrow. :/

Hopefully I'll get one tomorrow instead...

Did you ask him "What do I do?"... I think that opens up the option to donate creatures to him.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Made over 150,000 bells so far on day one. Just catching and selling fish mainly. I've got a ridiculous amount of stuff sitting outside the spot the museum will be going for donation. Also unlocked the expanded inventory, paid off my rent with miles and unlocked next tier tools. With about 6000 miles to spare.

Productive first day haha.
Dang, son!! Haha. Nice one.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
my friends have successfully convinced me to get this - my first ever Animal Crossing! hoping for relaxation.
does anyone know how the online multiplayer works?

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What time is daily reset? I have Blathers and my house queued up but no idea how long it's gonna take. Been playing since 12am Eastern launch time lol.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
You can also buy the Axe recipe from Timmy under Misc items for 280 bells
Doesn't seem available until I've gotten an axe first.
Did you ask him "What do I do?"... I think that opens up the option to donate creatures to him.
Yes, he just tells me to collect furniture until I get my new house.

It seems like MAYBE this problem has occurred because only the first player on my switch can do the creature donating task. My friend created the island, so she has to be the one doing this, I guess. :/

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just notice nav icon change

So cute!

giphy.gif

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Is the first day unique in some way? I seems like it has its own music. I'm talking about after the "nap" when the real-time clock kicks in. I wonder if it starts the normal music loop on the second day? So days start at 5am or 6?

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
First night with animal crossing was great.
I didn't know what to expect.

I have 2 neighbors now. One is a fox, the other an elephant.
At first i had a tent. Then i collected 500 grass fields and sold them to get some money. And by that i got some nook miles because of the missions.
Love how you get something for every little progress in the game. Keeps you motivated i guess.

Oh and i ordered a house now.

Ready for the first day.

I hope i can do more now than collecting some grass and fish.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
So what is this game about? Is it just like sims? Need a new game to play on isolation

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Heck yeah, my town has oranges! No scurvy for my villagers.

Game is adorable, as expected.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I read it here and couldn't believe it... Timmy sells the slingshot and I never noticed the second tab. I missed 2 presents because I didn't have one lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I supposed to be trapped in one section of the island like this to start or did I fuck up selecting a layout? When can get some bridges up in here?

Smilator

Apr 18, 2019
Hey guys!
Do you know a way to make minerals? I mean another way other than using the axe on stones
(because i ran out of stones, as I dug all of them out, woops :P)

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
That Era logo!! Absolutely gorgeous. I did the biggest double take when I saw it.

How do I kick someone off the island?

The true Animal Crossing experience, lol.

I actually don't know how it works in New Horizons, but if it's like the previous games, when you reach ten villagers, a villager at random will ask you to move out. If you hit max villagers and use an Animal Crossing amiibo card, you can choose which villager you'd like to move out.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Do we know if the starting questions determine the airport colour?

My SO kept restarting and getting a yellow airport with the food answer. Only after eventually picking another option did it generate as a different colour.

I'm curious to know what others have experienced.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It begins, i got the game digitally on the Switch Lite because that's where my kids play most with, and with schools out they already started playing the game in the very early morning.

Hope the Mrs. is able to take the console away from them until they finished the home schoolwork they have to do today. ^^

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Am I supposed to be trapped in one section of the island like this to start or did I fuck up selecting a layout? When can get some bridges up in here?
You get the jumping stick on day 2 (when you get Blathers' tent set up), bridges are something that you can build from day 3+.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
So here I am, with the game available since midnight but frozen by my inability to choose a name for my island.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yup this game is addictive, and after playing for a few hours it feels like its the best its ever been already. Love the crafting and recipe stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.