• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Where is the best place to put your house down?? Near the beach or in the center of the map??

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I got Cherry and Goose to start with, and oranges! I wanted peaches but completely okay with oranges too. The game looks beautiful btw!

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Will my wife get a different experience in the morning if I play now or not?

My kids 6 and 4 were going to make a profile too I think.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This game and the new Weeknd album dropped at the same time.

I've never wanted to simultaneously go fossil hunting and snort coke more than right now.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
So can you just not get to the other parts of your island that the rivers block off right off the bat? Is that intentional or did I accidentally trap myself by picking the island I picked

boyifyoudont

Feb 10, 2018
NookLink isn't up yet is it?

Got Diva and Sly...
It's up.
hxgSvxz.jpg

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have to get up in 5 hours for work, but I got what I wanted for the most part. Peaches and yellow airport. My town layout isn't that exciting to me and I ended up liking the spots I picked for my neighbors better than my own haha. But I'll manage!

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I named my island Titania, and my starting villagers are Sprocket and Mira. Mira was in my original New Leaf town, and I hated her. Sprocket is a robot ostrich.

This island's already a winner. Drama AND intrigue!

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love what they've done with the presentation. It doesn't seem like a big difference from the old games at a glance, but there tons of little details that jump out at you when you start playing.

I am a bit disappointed that the tent doesn't reflect whether the lamp is on or off from the outside (as far as I can tell it always acts like the light is on), but that is probably something only I would care about.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like cherries are lame but I got good starting villages and I like the layout of my map so I'm gonna stick with it.

Gale Isle is lit.

Anyway... after a hair over an hour it's now past midnight and I gotta head to bed.

I'm debating a few things. I decided to play on my Lite vs. the regular Switch. Still debating if that's the right call... but once the "new game" shine wears off, I'm gonna have my Lite with me WAY more often and so I think it's the right move. But man, not being able to transfer and play on the big screen every once in a while sucks.

But man - this game looks GREAT on the higher PPI of the Lite screen.

Also, I was dead set on two copies of the game for me and my wife... but now I'm thinking sharing an island might be way more fun? How are you all doing it - separate islands and you can visit each other and play at the same time, or same island but you can never be playing at the same time/together?

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
stuck between naming my island besaid or balamb. might go for besaid since that one was an actual island. hmmmm

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Watching my kids (13 and 17) play this while I wait for Doom Eternal to download has been so awesome! This game has sooooo much charm from what I've seen.

My daughters birthday is on Saturday and due to the Pandemic there's no birthday party planned with friends and it would have had her even more bummed then she already is if this didn't come out. She is a huge AC fan and I'm so happy she gets to dive into this thing a few days before her bday, and see the bday message that comes with it. I seriously can't wait to make my own game once the kids are done hogging up the switches haha.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
two things

r there more hairstyles

and can i ever have more agency over exactly where an item is placed and where its facing or is it always a position myself first and random placement

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes pluck the all.

They can be used for crafting, and selling.
Yeah, sell them. You will get miles, too.
Eventually, you will be able to use them to craft stuff, but until you get your recipes, you might as well sell them.
you can sell them for 10 bells a pop (990 for a stack of 99), or use them in some crafting
Thanks guys, ended up figuring that out :)

I guess since I can't get over to the other side of the river on my island, can't build, and have plucked all the weeds, used all the wood, and my flimsy fishing rod has broken, there's not much I can do for the rest of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.