• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
giphy.gif

Please! Got a day off tomorrow, I am more than ready.

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
lol omg I didn't read about any of those things, went in completely blind.
and I do think people should give that playstyle a try. AC is so relaxing, why not just go with the flow the first time round?

Having said that. You can start the island without peers? :oOl0
Yeah right.
And Same :p

I've already 800 nook miles. I am paying my debts pretty fast nook. I hope you are prepared for that 😽

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Just a few short hours before the US launch, I've finally decided what to name my island... I will name it after the island in Moonrise Kingdom. That's some good, wholesome content right there.

Oct 25, 2017
"bluredgold" present and accounted for on "DK Isle" with orange trees, a tent and two buddies.

Spoiler policy agreed upon yet?

Anyway:

I'm about to do a 'DIY workshop'

TanookiTom

Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
No, he's saying he has pears. The fruit. You have a different fruit at the start out of a few options (apples, cherries, oranges, peaches or pears) that are selected randomly when you start the game. Same with airport color. Whatever fruits you don't start with sell for more.

OMG lol. Pears, obviously lol. Not that "peers" would have made much more sense. But for a split second here I was thinking that you might also have the island all to yourself at the beginning, or with a varying degree of other villagers (not sure what made me think they would be called "peers" tho).

Brews

Feb 27, 2020
Italy
I think I'll name my island Birdland, after my favorite song by Weather Report.
I'm still waiting the physical copy. Will probably arrive tomorrow morning if everything goes fine.

Have fun you guys!

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Enjoy the game people, seems like the best Animal Crossing game so far.

Last edited:

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I was just going to reload based on fruit. What's this about colors?
Fruit at lest you can change it in the future by planting other trees. The colour of the airport cant (I think it changes a few things to that same colour also, but dont know what)
Right now we know there yelow, green, red, blue and turquoise airports. Form the 7 reboots ive done, Ive seen yellow once, green 5 times, and red one. Im gonna stay with this one.

Also important, the game lets you choose what islands between 4 you want, but maybe the 4 of them are shit, so you can reboot to get better choices (which is important becuase you cant change thing like plaza position, beach on the back, ending or rivers...)

Morrowless

Oct 27, 2017
It's so weird that you can't change many of the things you decide at the start. Especially since I'm only allowed 1 island...

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Two questions for informed folk in here:

1) Are there any launch events or incentives for me to get playing ASAP? I'm under quarantine awaiting test results, but I want to start the game with my girlfriend because this is the first game she's actually excited to play, but who knows how long I'll be in quarantine.

2) Is there a comprehensive list of restrictions for "followers" in local (single-Switch) co-op anywhere? From what I understand, anything that they pick up goes to the recycle bin of the leader, but is there anything else? Can the follower select their own tools? View their own inventory? Use their own NookPhone? I want to get an idea of how constrained they are. Videos are appreciated too.

Oct 25, 2017
Fruit at lest you can change it in the future by planting other trees. The colour of the airport cant (I think it changes a few things to that same colour also, but dont know what)
Right now we know there yelow, green, red, blue and turquoise airports. Form the 7 reboots ive done, Ive seen yellow once, green 5 times, and red one. Im gonna stay with this one.

Also important, the game lets you choose what islands between 4 you want, but maybe the 4 of them are shit, so you can reboot to get better choices (which is important becuase you cant change thing like plaza position, beach on the back, ending or rivers...)
Ah, ok. I knew about the river exits thing, but didn't know about the airport colors.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Can I ask what you mean by, 'beach on the back'?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Jesus, you guys. I was considering switching things up and trying to get oranges this time, but if you're all going to act like a relative died because you got pears, it's my responsibility to celebrate getting them.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
OK, finally done with work. Officially on vacation after working a stream of 12 hour days. And now the countdown begins. Updated the Switch, double checked that the game is downloaded, time to get busy soon.

TarzanUSP

May 12, 2019
Wow, I'm really impressed with the game design.

Nook Miles give an incredible sense of progression, you get even less overwhelmed by the things to do (I don't think that AC is overwhelming in any way, but understand people with some problem).
Things like the vaulting pole, you only get after the first day. So you aren't given access to the full map until you'll grasp how to use many tools. This is like the Great Plateau in BOTW (of course, the plateau is small af compared to the world, still the ideia is similar).

I'm really happy :)

celebi23

Oct 26, 2017
If I have both a Japanese and US profile set up, can I launch the game with the Japanese one before midnight us eastern? Or, will it still be locked out until that point?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you kindly for this information. Good luck.
Good luck to you also!
I think Im going to keep this last one. Red irport, good island disposition, apples are a little too classic (had the same in my older games), but oh well. Not liking one of the villager, but the other is great.

It's so weird that you can't change many of the things you decide at the start. Especially since I'm only allowed 1 island...

I think its stupid they dont let you choose the colour of the airport nor give you the choices of ALL the island shapes instead of only 4. I know it was worse in older games, but come on.
I can understand the random fruit and the 2 starting villagers, but not the rest.

Ah, ok. I knew about the river exits thing, but didn't know about the airport colors.
Good luck with your reboots!
Can I ask what you mean by, 'beach on the back'?
There a little beach at the back of the island you can get to it when you get the terrafomring tools. That beach can change to be more to the left, right or center. You cant change that.Neither the wooden nor earth dock on the left and right (can be upper or lower on the island)

Status
Not open for further replies.