• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Soooo uhhhh.... any reason for me not to time travel right now to day 2? I want some things to happen that aren't going to happen until tomorrow

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soooo uhhhh.... any reason for me not to time travel right now to day 2? I want some things to happen that aren't going to happen until tomorrow

Time traveling defeats the purpose of the game, but there's nothing really stopping you, though all past games had penalties/drawbacks such as turnips rotting if you time travel. And now that holidays are updated in real time, you'd miss out on the Easter holiday for example.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only the implicit shaming of Mr. Resetti watching you from on high with his rescue helicopter drone. He might not be yelling at you in person, but you know that inside the reset bunker he's furious and every time you time travel you're making his blood pressure rise. If you can live with that, then there's nothing stopping you.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I mean... That's not the way the game is meant to be played. If there's nothing more to do, there's nothing more to do. Go on with your day and do something else. Waiting, and building anticipation to get a reward you worked for (house/store upgrades, public works projects etc) is part of the experience.

That being said, there's no real penalty to time traveling. However, personally I find that it kinda ruins the fun. It's like using the motherlode cheat in The Sims. Yeah, you have a lot of money so you can build your dream house right away. But it's way more satisfying to actually 'earn' your dream house by playing how the game is supposed to be played.

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think GameXplain did a good review, this may be exactly what you need friend:
www.youtube.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - REVIEW (Nintendo Switch)

Does Animal Crossing: New Horizons live up to the hype, or is it destined to be a shipwreck? Find out what island life is like in our in-depth review that co...

Thanks! I think I could really dig the overall serenity of the game, just walking around, discovering new things and stumbling upon surprises. It looks great and the music is lovely. What I'm a bit worried about is that it seems somewhat checklisty and I have a tendency of getting too much into completing the tasks and checking the boxes, causing me to forget to actually enjoy what I'm doing.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Balancing the line between reading impressions to help pass the time (10hrs to go!) and not having certain things "spoiled" is getting to be quite difficult.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you usually play Animal Crossing? I loved the GCN and DS games when I was younger, but I just sorta struggled to keep up with New Leaf. I imagine it'll be easier to keep checking in now thanks to the Switch UI being snappy, but...

It's weird that I need to ask how to "best play" AC. Short, frequent, sessions? Longer, fewer, sessions? How do you avoid getting tired of such a comfy game? >__<

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of want to get this digitally and give my girlfriend my preordered physical copy.

Since I'm playing on a Lite, there's still no announced plan I can play this on my OG Switch when I feel like playing a bit from a couch?

PerilousTech

Jun 4, 2018
My Amazon release day order of the game just got delayed until early next week :-\ Cancelled the order and am getting it digitally.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
How do you usually play Animal Crossing? I loved the GCN and DS games when I was younger, but I just sorta struggled to keep up with New Leaf. I imagine it'll be easier to keep checking in now thanks to the Switch UI being snappy, but...

It's weird that I need to ask how to "best play" AC. Short, frequent, sessions? Longer, fewer, sessions? How do you avoid getting tired of such a comfy game? >__<
The nice thing about AC is that there's no "right" way to play it. With NL, I'd play that daily and got into a routine of checking mail, talking to villagers, fossils, the money and gem rocks, garden, checking the shops etc and I built my town over a period of months. I kinda got obsessed with the Stalk Market for a bit.

I'd say if you don't feel invested in the game then you'll feel tired and burn out quickly. Similarly, a lot of people felt aimless when playing NL but that has been allieviated somewhat with the Nook Miles system so if you decide to take things slow and not time travel, you'll always have some objective to look forward to.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Im using my time to tinker with my Hue lighting to make a gaming space ready lol. I've settled on the colors from the special release switch for now. What has my life become?

It's always the final hours leading up to a much anticipated release that you start to do random things to try and pass the time. I've been doing random chores around the house and things I've held off for a bit that I know will take me a while to complete.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
My Amazon delivery literally just now changed back to tomorrow by 8pm. Was originally scheduled for Monday. Looks like I'm okay?

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
If anybody wants to get the New Horizons Switch as a present, you can use this program to change your Joy-Cons internal colors which should unlock the New Horizons Switch present for updating. You don't need to hack your Switch or anything to use this program.
gbatemp.net

[Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

Joy-Con Toolkit v5.2.0 Summary: About a year ago, I bought yellow joy-con shells and modded my Joy-Cons. Then I found Shinyquagsire23...
The color codes you need to set your Joy-Cons to are on the last page of the thread.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Yay, my copy from Best Buy should be coming in today!

Looking forward to Animal Crossing again. Beside Pocket Camp (which didn't last long), I only really played Wild World, so it has been a while. Feel like it is nice to have this kind of game at this time.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Those Amazon reps have no idea what they are talking about most of the time, just ignore them.

When my copy of Uncharted 4 was late I had one tell me that Amazon doesn't ship games until they are released. The person had no idea what release day delivery was. Yeah.
I also saw a few other people online saying the rep told them the same thing, so I didnt know if it was something amazon was telling them to say regarding upcoming game releases that will be affected. Still if a few people there are making up stuff like that its only going to create more headaches for everyone else there.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
I just got started on my island! Love the updated graphics compared to New Leaf. Crafting system is cool. Looking forward to spending many days with this game.

TarzanUSP

May 12, 2019
Loved the gamecube camera, so good to capture insects! And Photo Mode is so cool.

90056079_765786690612034_3955360117326610432_o.jpg

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know how a second player starts on an island? My wife's school is on spring break and plans on playing tomorrow, but I will be the one to set up the island. (I care more about that stuff lol). If I go through the introductory period before work will she be able to start her island life whenever she gets up?
I would like to know this as well.

Brichfield

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I think I could really dig the overall serenity of the game, just walking around, discovering new things and stumbling upon surprises. It looks great and the music is lovely. What I'm a bit worried about is that it seems somewhat checklisty and I have a tendency of getting too much into completing the tasks and checking the boxes, causing me to forget to actually enjoy what I'm doing.

That's fair, I will say the checklisty stuff like the Nook miles seem like just enough structure to keep you playing but aren't overbearing on the experience. Plus I've heard you complete a lot of the Nook miles stuff just playing like normal anyway.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I'll admit that I was hoping that they'd swap the entire aesthetic. You know, happy little postcards with Doomguy's face on it telling me all about how to rip and tear, and glitchy apocalyptic gifs telling me all about Nook Miles in the other one.

That said, they're still both great

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna pick it up tomorrow I guess... physical unless my local GameStop is closed.

Things are so busy for me I need a relaxing game. Working like...fourteen days straight, most of them full eight hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.