• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
And downloading from the Japanese store. Honestly, since eShop taxes me and play Asia didn't, the overall price difference was only like $5 to play 12 hours early.... I can live with that. Now just have to wait an almost hour for the download.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Question: If I dig up something, do I have to fill in the hole or wil it disappear on its own?

Brichfield

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo ready for this shit. Trap me on an island Nook, I'm ready.

I've never played an Animal Crossing game. With the current situation of the world, I could maybe go for something calm and relaxing to spend a few minutes on every now and then.

What would be a good review to read/video to watch to get a grasp on what I'd be in for?

I think GameXplain did a good review, this may be exactly what you need friend:
www.youtube.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - REVIEW (Nintendo Switch)

Does Animal Crossing: New Horizons live up to the hype, or is it destined to be a shipwreck? Find out what island life is like in our in-depth review that co...

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So, what exactly would you be missing out on with no Nintendo Network/Switch Online account? I have a paid Switch Online subscription, but my wife's user profile on my Switch does not. She doesn't even have a Nintendo Network ID (or whatever they call it these days). She'll be playing Animal Crossing at least as much as me, so will she be missing out on anything?
Hanging out with us, and use of QR codes for importing custom designs. There's a graphic somewhere in the thread detailing what is included.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
Amazon delayed shipments to early next week. Gonna wake up early tomorrow to head to Walmart then for a routine run.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This final 12hrs is gonna be rough, but at the same time, only 12hrs more to go. :D

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
Question: If I pay for something, will I receive the item? Or will Nook scam me and call me a weenie boy?
Actual question: Did we see if there are shop upgrades?

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
With the Amazon delay, I'm going to see if I can grab it somewhere else tomorrow morning. Have to pop into work anyway to pick up my Record of Employment and there is a WalMart on the way there.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
this wait is murder 🙃

edit - but on the plus side, a friend let me into their family network for nintendo online access, so that'll be nice haha

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
My sisters order of animal crossing from amazon got delayed to the 24th. She called them to confirm since she got an email saying so, but at the same time the orders tracking info said tomorrow. We live close to a warehouse so they dont ever ship our stuff til the night before. The rep confirmed it was indeed delayed but then tried to claim it was because nintendo changed the release date to the 24th.

I get that there is more important stuff to care about right now but I dont get why amazon would outright lie like that. If they had simply said it was delayed due to recent events people (most reasonable ones at least) would understand and not question it. Lying about nintendo changing the release date is only going to frustrate people who catch them in a lie and make more headaches for the customer service reps which is the last thing they need right now.

Kirbutashi

Oct 25, 2017
So do we know if opening your gate in New Horizons to online visitors sets up limitations like it does in New Leaf?

As a refresher for what happens in New Leaf:
  • The Happy Home Showcase is blocked off
  • The Dream Suite is disabled
  • Access to the 'Mayor chair' in Town Hall is blocked
  • Blathers won't accept donations or assess fossils
  • Saharah and similar NPCs seem to leave or are otherwise unavailable (e.g. Gulliver won't wake up) - note this does not apply to Katrina or probably Redd, who have tents.
  • Bees, spiders and scorpions will not appear
  • Favours for villagers, such as deliveries, cannot be performed

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
So do we know if opening your gate in New Horizons to online visitors sets up limitations like it does in New Leaf?

As a refresher for what happens in New Leaf:
  • The Happy Home Showcase is blocked off
  • The Dream Suite is disabled
  • Access to the 'Mayor chair' in Town Hall is blocked
  • Blathers won't accept donations or assess fossils
  • Saharah and similar NPCs seem to leave or are otherwise unavailable (e.g. Gulliver won't wake up) - note this does not apply to Katrina or probably Redd, who have tents.
  • Bees, spiders and scorpions will not appear
  • Favours for villagers, such as deliveries, cannot be performed
I'm not sure about all of these (still downloading) but I do know the other NPCs stick around, and that was touted as one of the benefits to playing online since your friends can have the rare visitors on days you don't.

Beanman25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey! Question, will this be playable with the gamecube controller? Or are there too many commands for it.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Nintendo might have shut down buying from outside regions, or at least the AU eshop. I've bought a ton of stuff from there but it wasn't allowing me to do it anymore, kept getting an error

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Wow, just saw a guy on Twitch literally fail at properly watering a tree sapling 6 times in a row. Watered every spot but that one. That looks to be slightly triggering to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.