• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Welp, Switch is about to run out of battery so maybe I'll leave it there for now.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Asked this before but: whats the point in saving the game versus using suspend mode?

another question (this is my first animal crossing): my inventory is full, I can just drop items and they'll be there right? In or out the tent?

second day and I just paid off my trip, but Im not buying a house yet, savoring the tent on the beach life yo. How do some of you collect like 80.000 bells in a day lol? I have like 3000 bells.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
If you love enamel pins and animal crossing, here's something of interest:

I just ordered three of them (you best believe I ordered the PIETRO one fam, like DUH!)

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
so my japanese user account won't be able to play now(ish) because I preordered with the UK eshop? Just wait it out until tomorrow?

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Since it seems like this game is really great about letting you customize stuff like your character at any time, anyone know if that includes renaming your island?

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so my japanese user account won't be able to play now(ish) because I preordered with the UK eshop? Just wait it out until tomorrow?

yes, to my understanding what matters is which eshop you used to purchase.

edit: and to anyone who's curious, to buy on the Japanese eshop and play now, I used a separate Japanese account and bought eshop cards from play Asia which are delivered instantly. Ends up being maybe $5 more to play right now, a surcharge I'm willing to pay because I'm dumb.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
So I caved and pre-ordered; could use something relaxing in my life right now. Anyway, here's a Switch Online trial code for someone who needs it:
C088RSCCGWMT98MH

/gave up trying to hide the code

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm going to dive into this, first Animal Crossing experience. My GF and I both loved Stardew Valley so we're going to give this a shot.

Question about the co-op though - is it that we're both on the same island and can work on the same or different tasks, or do we each have our own island but can visit the other's? Split Screen I'm imagine?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Asked this before but: whats the point in saving the game versus using suspend mode?

another question (this is my first animal crossing): my inventory is full, I can just drop items and they'll be there right? In or out the tent?

second day and I just paid off my trip, but Im not buying a house yet, savoring the tent on the beach life yo. How do some of you collect like 80.000 bells in a day lol? I have like 3000 bells.
Sell a fuckton of weeds, looks for shells and fossils and sell those too. At the end of day 1 I was sitting on 20k bells selling weeds and wildlife alone.

I know in AC:NL, if you dropped items outside, after a while they got sent to the lost and found. Dropping items in your house will naturally keep them there, houses also have storage you can make use of.

So I'm going to dive into this, first Animal Crossing experience. My GF and I both loved Stardew Valley so we're going to give this a shot.

Question about the co-op though - is it that we're both on the same island and can work on the same or different tasks, or do we each have our own island but can visit the other's? Split Screen I'm imagine?
Both on the same island, only the leader can
  • Move the camera
  • Enter/exit buildings
  • Select items from inventory
But you can switch between leaders on the fly.

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sort of a weird question, but if for all of the couples out there:

Do you prefer to share a town, or each have your own?

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Sell a fuckton of weeds, looks for shells and fossils and sell those too. At the end of day 1 I was sitting on 20k bells selling weeds and wildlife alone.

I know in AC:NL, if you dropped items outside, after a while they got sent to the lost and found. Dropping items in your house will naturally keep them there, houses also have storage you can make use of.

Both on the same island, only the leader can
  • Move the camera
  • Enter/exit buildings
  • Select items from inventory
But you can switch between leaders on the fly.

thanks for the info!

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Should I start the game at midnight or wait for daytime?

Start at midnight, cause if it's like previous Animal Crossing's, the 'new day' trigger happens at 6am. So if you get done with Day 1 stuff and need to wait a day for things to happen, you'll only need to wait til 6am.

Deleted member 22528

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Someone asked earlier but nobody responded. Can my girlfriend and I share a house?

Here's a free NSO trial
C088RW1WDQPC013W

Oct 27, 2017
Ive been trying to figure out if im getting this or Doom Eternal but we all know whats going to happen.....lol probably for a lot of you too, im gonna end up getting both.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
vestan have you time travelled at all? I have the spot for Blathers plotted out but I'm guessing he won't appear until tomorrow now? I'm just going around and picking up weeds while fishing and big catching now.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
vestan have you time travelled at all? I have the spot for Blathers plotted out but I'm guessing he won't appear until tomorrow now? I'm just going around and picking up weeds while fishing and big catching now.
I have 😉

It works as long as you don't sync your date + time to the internet which you can disable in the Switch settings

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying not to buy this game so badly (I'm already playing CS3, Pathfinder, Pillars of Eternity, Anno 1800 and Battlefront 2)....but I'm weak and this game looks so relaxing!

sOba

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Amazon delayed my copy so I cancelled and went digital, when can I expect the game to unlock? Is it midnight of today or later

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why everyone worried about getting bad native fruit. In the endgame, you will likely only have one tree of your native fruit left and the rest will be fruit trees from other islands because non-native fruit sell for more.

Basically, if you want Oranges or Apples to be all over your island, you don't want those to be your native fruits because you'll eventually want to have more of the other types on your island.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why everyone worried about getting bad native fruit. In the endgame, you will likely only have one tree of your native fruit left and the rest will be fruit trees from other islands because non-native fruit sell for more.

Basically, if you want Oranges or Apples to be all over your island, you don't want those to be your native fruits because you'll eventually want to have more of the other types on your island.
They might patch perfect fruit back into the game in a future update

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Amazon delayed my copy so I cancelled and went digital, when can I expect the game to unlock? Is it midnight of today or later

Expect midnight of your local country. If you're US, midnight eastern time, though in my experience in the past, Nintendo servers can buckle a bit during unlock time and you may have to try over and over again up to 20 minutes to unlock. It took until 12:12 eastern time for Smash Bros to unlock for me, for instance.

General Tso

Jan 10, 2018
Is there a definitive list of potential Airport colors? So far, it appears to be:

Blue
Orange
Yellow
Green

Feb 4, 2018

your native fruit is on your passport

you can never truly scrub away the stench of pear

General Tso

Jan 10, 2018
Apparently there might be Red and Teal as well. I need Teal, that's my town flag color. Though it might be too much teal.

I'm wondering if changing your airport color is end game content, and they put "exotic" colors (like Teal shown in that old gameplay footage) can only be accessed once your island is fully developed. It seems like with how many people have the game at this point, that someone would be able to confirm if teal is a starting option

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
Ok so, I booked Animal Crossing in the shop taking advantage of an offer and giving them Mario Tennis.

Now, it annoys me to wait and I want to play to distract myself, but I'm not a lover of digital games. I only have Link's Awakening and some eShop titles.

The alternative is to buy it on Amazon (which does not convince me) and it should arrive on Tuesday 24th, and then move the preorder in the store to another game (maybe something that will come out of Nintendo Direct) keeping the various discounts.

Help me decide. It's also my first Animal Crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.