• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
My island name continues to be Laputa, assuming Nintendo doesn't decide it's a thinly veiled attempt at being vulgar.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be my first animal crossing game. Anything I should really know before I start? Something about what fruit you get at least right?

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
This is going to be my first animal crossing game. Anything I should really know before I start? Something about what fruit you get at least right?
Nah none of that matters. Fruit is purely aesthetic. Some people just like different fruits more than others. Maybe what other people are talking about is trying to get all of the fruits together? I think "foreign" fruit sells for a little more.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Nah none of that matters. Fruit is purely aesthetic. Some people just like different fruits more than others. Maybe what other people are talking about is trying to get all of the fruits together? I think "foreign" fruit sells for a little more.
I just remember reading something about people restarting if they got a pear.

Anything else I should know going in?

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
Can I visit random islands? I dont have friends haha
You can go on island tours which are basically randomly generated islands you can do whatever you want to. Sometimes villagers are there and you can invite them back to your town
I feel like I've consumed every bit of coverage on this but I'm still unsure how Amiibo functionality works in this game.
You can invite anyone with an amiibo card to stay at your campground, and you can take pictures with them at Photopia. If a character is not in the game (i.e. Rover or Resetti) and has an amiibo, you will instead get a poster of them.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I've consumed every bit of coverage on this but I'm still unsure how Amiibo functionality works in this game.
3 uses:

-Special NPCs and regular villagers can be invited to Harvey's Photopia island to participate in photoshoots.
-All Animal Crossing amiibos will unlock posters you can purchase of the individual character.
-Regular villagers can be invited to your campsite (once it's built) by scanning their amiibo, and once there, you can convince them to move your your island permanently.

Currently there is no use for non-AC amiibos like there was in New Leaf: Welcome amiibo.

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
I just remember reading something about people restarting if they got a pear.

Anything else I should know going in?
Yeah some people just don't like different varieties of fruits. A lot of people like peaches. Animal Crossing is an extremely casual experience with basically no goals other than ones you make yourself. I'd recommend getting an idea of exactly what you want to accomplish, i.e. all fish, all bugs and aiming for that stuff from the beginning since certain things get locked out behind seasons. Also, if you are very concerned with making a lot of money very quickly, look into the Stalk Market.

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I want oranges but im fine with anything I guess. Id rather not get pears though. lol

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Debating between Tazmily and Magicant for my island name. So hard to choose!

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
This is the only swtich game that im very excited for some reason, and i dont have switch. Lol

I wonder how similar this is to story of seasons. I remember i played stardew valley but i ended up not liking it because the time ran so fast

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
OT of the year for the game of the year. A game that like a great comedian has perfect timing. Isolation here we come.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to avoid reading much, but do folks know the character limit for island names?

Lirose

May 30, 2018
I must have apples for my island! Pears are delicious though, people really don't like pears?
The only fruit in AC I don't enjoy too much would probably be lychee. Durians are good too.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i think i am overhypped for this game and im gonna be sad after playing it (despite loving the Gamecube version)

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
It's almost time for the Isle of Hechtopia

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Finalday.png

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I should be sleeping, but instead I'm worrying about picking the wrong island layout when it comes time to. Obviously having Resident Services toward the center just makes sense, but I don't know how much I should be worrying about the airport's spot or what way rivers should flow.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Online is looking good! The messaging features seem dang comprehensive.

The ability to message players showing Online on your Best Friends list from your own islands is really cool. Can see that being super helpful to simply see if they wanna join your island by messaging them in-game.

Animal Crossing does what Nintendon't

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, true, didn't think about sending items. It's most likely still in the game, but I'm probably not the best source.
...it's never been in the game. that's my problem. lol. itd be nice if it were. especially given the freedom to communicate through text now. I no longer understand holding back on that idea.

there's a postcard rack next to the dodo's desk in the gamexplain video about online. I was just hoping that was a way to send letters to other towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.