• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Vr1pTML.jpg

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
Total AC noob. Since my son and I are isolating together, should I buy 2 copies? We obviously have 2 switches.
If you have two switches, yes. However, if you guys want to live on the same island together co-op, you could play on one switch and have separate profiles. Otherwise you'd have to visit eachothers' islands when you want to play with eachother

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Heya, for hybrid flowers to spawn, you only need to water the plants right? You don't need to pluck them on top and make them regrow?

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
What an awesome OT. Great work to everyone involved.

I'm so excited for this Friday. I've dabbled in some AC on handhelds before, but this will be the first one that I really sink my teeth into. Gonna ride out this quarantine in my perfect little island-retreat world.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing OT!

Been waiting for this since they announced the Switch!

TarzanUSP

May 12, 2019
Excited to be playing this tomorrow! My first AC was New Leaf. Played for some time, but I remember I was expecting to appear on the Wii U and didn't focused too much haha. Now it's the time :)

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the last major Nintendo properties that has yet to see light in HD. It's been a looooooong time. My wife and I cannot be anymore hyped.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Just done the 'tutorial' so to speak. Such charm! Feel right at home. First AC ive played. With every choice I make for island inhabitants Im afraid of pissing them off but they all love what I do, lol.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
"Slow start" thing that reviewers talked about got me a little worried though. But if the online visiting is available day one, it does not matter much. There should be enough to keeps me playing hours straight.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
"Slow start" thing that reviewers talked about got me a little worried though. But if the online visiting is available day one, it does not matter much. There should be enough to keeps me playing hours straight.

With "worried" you mean "question the competence of the reviewer", right?
Because, it's Animal Crossing, come on, what a weird critique is "slow start" in a f'n Animal Crossing game anyway? It can't be slow enough.

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
Because, it's Animal Crossing, come on, what a weird critique is "slow start" in a f'n Animal Crossing game anyway? It can't be slow enough.
I think it's fair to be worried that the game locks you off from accomplishing much early on. I don't mind a slow start, but I'd like to be able to unlock most of the bare essentials, i.e. the community center, a real house, maybe one of the shops, in the first 3 or 4 days.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

There's no detailed enough review that says how "slow" it is, honestly. But if online visits are locked day one, that's something I'd call slow. We know that game starts with limited number of villagers and no museum but I don't think that affects that much. You can still collect stuff and donate them when museum is available.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I think it's fair to be worried that the game locks you off from accomplishing much early on. I don't mind a slow start, but I'd like to be able to unlock most of the bare essentials, i.e. the community center, a real house, maybe one of the shops, in the first 3 or 4 days.

I think Nintendo Life mentioned he needed one day to start into the town hall and the own house. That seems fine.

I have no problem with having a tent for days tho. Once you're behind that stage, it's never coming back, so like in many other games, I really enjoy the slower first phases of games until you unlock many tools and things to make it easier.
Death Stranding is one example. Really liked the first part were everything was a bit reduced and simple. It's unique and it's a phase you loose completely once you're behind it.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
What exactly do we know about the opening hours of the game?

I know that the first day (days?) is basically a tutorial area where the real time clock is disengaged, but how long does this last? Is playing at midnight a bad idea? Will that automatically have me wandering around in the dark from the get-go? What are other people's plans on this?

Brews

Feb 27, 2020
Italy
Amazon just sent me a text saying they just shipped the game! I'm probably going to get it on Friday morning (or on Thursday evening if I'm weally weally lucky uwu).

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the town name has Island after it automatically? So if I name my town <Resetera> will it be referred to as Resetera Island in game?

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
I think Nintendo Life mentioned he needed one day to start into the town hall and the own house. That seems fine.

I have no problem with having a tent for days tho. Once you're behind that stage, it's never coming back, so like in many other games, I really enjoy the slower first phases of games until you unlock many tools and things to make it easier.
Death Stranding is one example. Really liked the first part were everything was a bit reduced and simple. It's unique and it's a phase you loose completely once you're behind it.
Yeah I don't mind not having the house on day one, since that's how it is in every other game in the series thus far, if I'm not mistaken. I will say that I'm not that big on how wide open this game is. Stuff like being able to control what villagers move in, terraforming, etc... feels very overwhelming to me, since I use these games to cope with anxiety in the first place lol. But I get why other people are excited and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to hear all the new music. Listened to some of the leaked tracks and I'm already in love.

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
What exactly do we know about the opening hours of the game?

I know that the first day (days?) is basically a tutorial area where the real time clock is disengaged, but how long does this last? Is playing at midnight a bad idea? Will that automatically have me wandering around in the dark from the get-go? What are other people's plans on this?
Basically until 6AM you won't have a ton to do. Nook's tent is open 24/7 so you can utilize anything you'd need from there (crafting, nook miles, etc) so you can grind out stuff like bugs and fishing in the mean time but you won't be able to make much progress. Also the tutorial lasts around 20 or 30 minutes I heard.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm gonna go on black out in terms of discussion till I get my hands on it tomorrow.
People are starting to get their hands on it now, so it's time.
See you on the other side!

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Basically until 6AM you won't have a ton to do. Nook's tent is open 24/7 so you can utilize anything you'd need from there (crafting, nook miles, etc) so you can grind out stuff like bugs and fishing in the mean time but you won't be able to make much progress. Also the tutorial lasts around 20 or 30 minutes I heard.
Wait why 6AM?

Status
Not open for further replies.