• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2018
Really a fantastic job with the OT.

It's been so long since I've played Animal Crossing, super ready to sink hundreds of hours into this game.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me out on how mutliplayer works? I don't play AC but I'm considering getting this for my girls since it seems like the perfect entertainment while they are out of school due to COVID.

Is there a way for two players to play at the same time on the same console or do I need to purchase two copies of the game? I do have two Switches in the household.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me out on how mutliplayer works? I don't play AC but I'm considering getting this for my girls since it seems like the perfect entertainment while they are out of school due to COVID.

Is there a way for two players to play at the same time on the same console or do I need to purchase two copies of the game? I do have two Switches in the household.
You can play up to four players locally.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
I have it preloaded. I've been saying for years that this is the game humanity needs right now.

That said, I still don't know what to name my town lol

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oh my goooood it's a beautiful OP, you did a great job iFirez!

This is gonna be my new home for the next few weeks. I'm just waiting for the 20th to finally live again!

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Up to 4 people can play on the same console.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
What a gorgeous OT!

Quick question, do we all start out with the same basic island or is every single one randomly generated?

Oct 27, 2017
What a gorgeous OT!

Quick question, do we all start out with the same basic island or is every single one randomly generated?

I'm not fully sure, but I do know you're given 3 different options for your island to choose from. From what I know, it looks like those 3 options are randomly generated, so anyone can have different sets of island to choose (there is a limit, I presume).

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish theyd release it early but it aint happening. Animal Crossing has gotten me through a lot of rough stuff in life, with all this going on, AC is releasing at a perfect time. The world needs AC more than ever!

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Any good videos showing off what party play is like? I wanna know if it's basically a useless mode because of the forced camera on leader thing.

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
Hey guys, how's the Animal Crossing movie? Very curious about it and trying to find things to do while waiting hahaha

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
What a lovely OT. :) There's so much I want to do, I'm barely containing my hype.
I'm playing Tomodachi Life in the interim, and yeah...I'm about to upgrade in a big way lol

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Got my preload ready. Looks like the definitive Animal Crossing, but I'm really hoping for DLC that includes Redd, Gracie, Resetti, Tortimer etc. The final list of special NPCs was shockingly short

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I thought I was going to get it today as Shopto (UK) sent out a dispatch email yesterday, but it seems it's not been sent yet. :(

Looks like I'll have it release day.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
Is animal crossing fun playing alone? None of my family or friends play this title but i want to try this for the first time. I love games like rune factory but stardew valley couldn't hold my attention

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Seriously impressed with the quality of this OT. Really nice job. Bravo.

Now we just need the goddamned game!!

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Is animal crossing fun playing alone? None of my family or friends play this title but i want to try this for the first time. I love games like rune factory but stardew valley couldn't hold my attention
The games are really a solo experience, playing with others just adds more avenues for the Stalk Market and potentially giving you faster access to certain items.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Rather than quoting everyone's replies and flooding the thread with that. I just wanted to say Thanks to everyone who has responded with praise so far, it's really appreciated. This included but is not limited to: Vitor CD_93 MrPanic Meoten Tonswelt GJ Enduin Namea Bufbaf Crow Pudding WIZRND Morrowless B00T Aleh Manny Toons MaitreWakou names2hard4you SRV Jawbreaker wildbite ameleco BigTime_2018 Nayishiki Lemrik Comrade Crunch Delphine Chibs ThatMeanScene NKnight7 Wandering Robot Xita dirtyjane and jonamok

Special shoutout to BowieZ and Coriander for spotting some spelling/grammar mistakes – these are all fixed now in the images and the Text only section too, let me know if you spot anymore. BowieZ I'm going to get you to check all my stuff from now on ;)

Also just for SeZMehK let me know if the images work better for you here: https://www.w3schools.com/code/tryit.asp?filename=GCYFPSNWPTUJ hit the little green 'Run' button and they should all appear for you.

yall cute for the sister OT thing btw
We couldn't not! It was too perfect an opportunity to pass up.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! Watching this thread. I scheduled Friday off months ago and have Monday off naturally so woohoo! 4 day Animal Crossing weekend! Let's Go!!

celebi23

Oct 26, 2017
Fantastic OT! Guess this is good spot for this:
With New Horizons coming out soon, I finally finished documenting all 26 e-Reader cards that contain town tunes. 14 of these were released in Japan and the US while the other 12 were only released in Japan. I even translated the e-Reader gba screens so that people can use them as their Island Tune!

Here's the zip file with all the pictures and info.

Still finishing up the same sort of info for the e-Reader design cards. Got qr codes for hand converted versions of the 17 design e-Cards (2 were only ever released in Japan). Will have those up once the Mobile app has the update for qr scanning

Any issues/mistakes with any of the info, please let me know.

Supa Necta

Oct 25, 2017
Total AC noob. Since my son and I are isolating together, should I buy 2 copies? We obviously have 2 switches.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm determined to get into this animal crossing.
It's looked good from minute one. I didn't get into new life, but my appreciation for different genres has changed radically since then. I'd love a video that breaks down the philosophy of Animal Crossing and optimal ways to play it.

Elem

Oct 27, 2017
Never played Animal Crossing before but I'm preloaded and looking forward to it!

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
So excited. Amazing OT it's perfect thank you!

I hope this releases tomorrow night and not Friday afternoon!!!!

I watched the Gamexplain review and he mentioned as part of his routine that when he logged on he would sell stuff he collected the day before.
I swear I saw people taking in ERA about the resident services tent being 24/7 and therefore you can sell even at night.
I wonder which is true?!
Guess we will find out soon enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.