• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada

*Up to 8 players with registered accounts on a Nintendo Switch console can live on one shared island, and up to four residents of one island can play simultaneously on one console. Please note: only one island can exist per Nintendo Switch console, irrespective of the number of user accounts registered to or copies of the game used on one console. One Nintendo Switch and one copy of the game is required for each unique island. Alternatively, up to eight people can play together on one island via local wireless or online play. Local wireless play requires one console and one copy of the software per player. Internet connection required during online play. To use online services, you must create a Nintendo Account and accept the related agreement. The Nintendo Account Privacy Policy applies. Some online services may not be available in all countries. Online play requires paid online membership.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Can the island be regenerated though? Like If I clear all my data and start new, will it be the same island?

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said in the other thread. It's such an awful design. Letting people choose to have their own does nothing to diminish the experience of those that want to share their town.

I can only assume the real reason is cash. Everyone has to buy their own switch if they want their own town. Their own game? I could see that. But the system itself? That's extremely scummy.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
4 player coop on one system?

oh god that will not only steal my soul but EVERYONE's soul in the house

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Can the island be regenerated though? Like If I clear all my data and start new, will it be the same island?
I don't know if it'd be neat or disappointing if the island was generated by an algorithm that took the serial number or some other unique console identifier as it's seed so you were stuck with just the one island. It'd be neat as a concept because it would make every island uniquely yours but I see why people would probably not be super happy with that if they're power players looking for the "perfect" layout.

I bet that's not the case though.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Isn't it like this since the dawn of the series? Isn't this the point of the series?
Yeah. Kinda. It used to be a town per memory card on the GC though, and the point was to bring your memory card with you when you went to a friends house so they could play in your town. But that was 19 years ago. Personally I love the shared island thing, but I can see how some people might not want to share their town with their siblings who might chop down all the trees or scare away your favorite villagers. There's no reason why it isn't an option for people who don't want to share their town.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So, only a single save per system, but it can create awful situation with sibling screwing up and stuff.
Anyway here we're ready, with 3 Switch and 3 AC pre-ordered. Yeah we're big fan, especially my mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.