• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you expect the Animal Crossing Direct?

• February 5th or 6th

Votes: 58 6.6%
  • February 12th or 13th

Votes: 119 13.5%
  • February 19th or 20th

Votes: 297 33.7%
  • Later Feburary

Votes: 123 13.9%
  • Early March

Votes: 127 14.4%
  • No Direct

Votes: 158 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirSalabean

May 12, 2018
It's great to hear so much excitement for the game I am struggling to pass the time until then though :(
I'm really hoping for new octopus characters

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
At this point, I'm not sure I'll be able to play the game come Friday if all of the stores close. Maybe Walmart will remain open, so there's hope there.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
All of you all waiting to play this game at midnight... There's not a snowball's chance I make it up that late. My toddler doesn't care what time I go to sleep, but he decides when I wake up, whether I want to or not.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
16b3282.jpg

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Can we play at the same time?

I kind of like the idea of us all being on the same island...
Local multiplayer is there, but a bit more restrictive than online - up to four people can play together, but there's no split-screen, so you have to pick a leader (that can be switched at any time), and everyone else follows along on the same screen. I think it's because trying to load four separate sections of the island at once for split-screen would impact performance.

It still sounds fun to me, less so to others.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
If I buy the digital version and install it on my secondary switch, will it just be a completely separate save?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Any new info on the Stalk Market? I've seen clips/images of Daisy Mae, but not sure if anyone has provided more info on whether Turnips operate the same as in the past.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Any new info on the Stalk Market? I've seen clips/images of Daisy Mae, but not sure if anyone has provided more info on whether Turnips operate the same as in the past.
They're functionally the same, it seems. Daisy Mae shows up on Sunday, every other day of the week Nook's Cranny (or its expanded form) has a price at which they'll buy.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
They're functionally the same, it seems. Daisy Mae shows up on Sunday, every other day of the week Nook's Cranny (or its expanded form) has a price at which they'll buy.
Thanks. Couldn't find anything with any more detail myself. Figured it wouldn't likely change and was hoping I wouldn't have to spend any more time changing and updating the Turnip Tracker excel. So things are looking good.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Switch have the requirement some systems do where you have to have twice as much free space on the console to download something? If AC is 6.2 gigs and I have like 11 gigs free on the system is that gonna still work or no? Was originally going physical on this but that may literally not be an option.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Does the Switch have the requirement some systems do where you have to have twice as much free space on the console to download something? If AC is 6.2 gigs and I have like 11 gigs free on the system is that gonna still work or no? Was originally going physical on this but that may literally not be an option.
I'm pretty sure I made enough space for my download by deleting a ~7GB game, so I don't think you'll have any problem.

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Question from a new person to the AC series

If I have one switch and one copy of the game, but have multiple people in my household that may want to play - we are all on the same island and can play individually as the 'Resident'? Or is there only ever one main Resident per island?

Also does having other real accounts setup a house on the island count against the total NPC limit of the island? Ie. If you have 3 real people with houses on one island, are you then capped at 7 NPC's that can live on the island?

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Has anybody seen Stinky yet?
He was cut for WW, but had made it into every other game, I'm getting a little worried...

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019

If I have one switch and one copy of the game, but have multiple people in my household that may want to play - we are all on the same island and can play individually as the 'Resident'? Or is there only ever one main Resident per island?

Also does having other real accounts setup a house on the island count against the total NPC limit of the island? Ie. If you have 3 real people with houses on one island, are you then capped at 7 NPC's that can live on the island?

You will all have your own resident or player and each have your own house and will play on the same island
For your second question we don't know yet

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The gamexplain video has me through the roof, I need to time travel to friday immediately

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York

Yes, unfortunately the "Resident Representative" is the same as the "Mayor" role from New Leaf. So the first player character will have that title and sole access to gameplay elements associated with that; like creating the town song, flag and setting the location for bridges, ramps, etc. Not sure if it also extends to things like the builder tools later in the game like setting paths or landscaping.

As for affecting the NPC Villager count; we don't know for absolute certainty, but no, more Player characters should not affect the total number of Villagers you can have. They should be two separate pools, up to 8 human player characters and at least 10, possibly more, NPC Villagers. If they were shared that would be pretty messed up if you could only have 2 NPC villagers if you had 8 player characters.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Oh, hey. I read (or I guess "skimmed," as I'm trying to avoid learning too much) in one review that there are "penalties" for time traveling. Has anyone been able to ascertain what those are, in this case? It's not like the grass can deteriorate anymore, and the reviewer didn't seem to be traveling more than a day at a time, so I'm curious what the negatives might be.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
Yes, unfortunately the "Resident Representative" is the same as the "Mayor" role from New Leaf. So the first player character will have that title and sole access to gameplay elements associated with that; like creating the town song, flag and setting the location for bridges, ramps, etc. Not sure if it also extends to things like the builder tools later in the game like setting paths or landscaping.

As for affecting the NPC Villager count; we don't know for absolute certainty, but no, more Player characters should not affect the total number of Villagers you can have. They should be two separate pools, up to 8 human player characters and at least 10, possibly more, NPC Villagers. If they were shared that would be pretty messed up if you could only have 2 NPC villagers if you had 8 player characters.

Is there really no way to change who the "mayor" is? Just whoever plays first is the ONLY person who can make bridges and stuff? That's a huge bummer if literally only one person on a Switch can actually build up the town.

WeroZero

Nov 22, 2017
Do this AC game will finially do Ankha´s cleopatra hairstyle justice? thats the real question, or have we seen her NH Render already?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks so much! It was indeed my idea and a surprising PITA to make haha. The thumbnail was 100% Tom though!

Did you have to record 24 hours of footage? That must have been a PITA to record and edit indeed. Thanks for the coverage!