• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you expect the Animal Crossing Direct?

• February 5th or 6th

Votes: 58 6.6%
  • February 12th or 13th

Votes: 119 13.5%
  • February 19th or 20th

Votes: 297 33.7%
  • Later Feburary

Votes: 123 13.9%
  • Early March

Votes: 127 14.4%
  • No Direct

Votes: 158 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Received those enamel pins today, they're both already pinned to my backpack, love love love!

Dj5B5Gd.jpg

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
I kind of want the new wolf, but I got the Whitney amiibo card, to have her in my town for the first time, and I stick to one villager per species... Tough decision. Also need to know the personality.

Seems like it's decided then. Thank you guys!

While I agree with what they said, I suggest you check back when more is known about mystery tours. It might be an underwhelming feature, or it could be great (for exploration).

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I kind of want the new wolf, but I got the Whitney amiibo card, to have her in my town for the first time, and I stick to one villager per species... Tough decision. Also need to know the personality.

While I agree with what they said, I suggest you check back when more is known about mystery tours. It might be an underwhelming feature, or it could be great (for exploration).
I have a bunch of wolf cards and don't know who to go with, pity so many of their personalities are identical. Hopefully the new one is a different type to all the others

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
This may sound a bit morbid and I apologize but with all my Institute's classes canceled due to the virus, Animal Crossing really is coming at a perfect time.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
This may sound a bit morbid and I apologize but with all my Institute's classes canceled due to the virus, Animal Crossing really is coming at a perfect time.

My thoughts exactly. I only wish it released this weekend because I'm already bored as hell of being stuck at home and waiting 8 more days with literally nothing to do is gonna be so painful.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I had the same thought and felt bad for it, then I remembered that in Italy the quarantine is extended to incredibly high number of shops and that my pre-ordered copy from Amazon might not ship (in time or at all) so... Yeah. Karma.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I didn't really care much for the clothing or furniture for that matter in NL all that much. I found the few things I liked and most everything else just looked kind of shitty to me. The geometry and details were so low on a lot of stuff that it just looked cheap and not worth my time, but in NH the level of detail is so much greater and more consistent I feel across the various furniture and clothing. So I'm actively excited about collecting and using a lot more than I previously did.

So many furniture sets in NL just felt out of place that I could never imagine using them in my home. But so far the changes and updates made to them in NH look way better and inline with the visuals of everything else. Like I never would have used the Mushroom set in NL, but in NH it looks fantastic and right at home in the setting, especially outdoors.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Walmart.com is still saying my AC Switch will get to me today, but the order page says it hasn't even shipped yet. :(

Hope it at least ships today and I can still get it tomorrow.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
In New Leaf, I tried to change up aspects of my character's clothing every day, but ultimately it got unwieldy trying to hold on to that many pieces of clothing, so I ended up selling a lot of it and ultimately stopped caring about my clothes. The QoL updates they're making to wardrobe changes in NH make it sound so much more appealing to actually care about the fashion choices. Maintaining a large collection of clothes you can easily swap into whenever will be so nice.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
In New Leaf, I tried to change up aspects of my character's clothing every day, but ultimately it got unwieldy trying to hold on to that many pieces of clothing, so I ended up selling a lot of it and ultimately stopped caring about my clothes. The QoL updates they're making to wardrobe changes in NH make it sound so much more appealing to actually care about the fashion choices. Maintaining a large collection of clothes you can easily swap into whenever will be so nice.

Same here. I'm looking forward to changing outfits every day now. So much to choose from, it won't be annoying to change every day and everything looks really nice. Hopefully the wardrobe limit will be massive and/or upgradable so I can keep a ton of different pieces of clothing there.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
So I am completely new to Animal Crossing and very excited to play New Horizon. Something I was hoping someone could enlighten me on is how multiplayer works exactly.

I have one switch and my brother is interested in playing the game with me. Is it possible to have 2 distinct human villager on one island ? Could each of us have their own house and split the Island?
Cheers =)

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
So I am completely new to Animal Crossing and very excited to play New Horizon. Something I was hoping someone could enlighten me on is how multiplayer works exactly.

I have one switch and my brother is interested in playing the game with me. Is it possible to have 2 distinct human villager on one island ? Could each of us have their own house and split the Island?
Cheers =)

You will both have your own character but be on the same island.
You will have different houses but you can't really split the island

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017

For the love of God, Nintendo, just release Animal Crossing tonight. The world needs it now more than ever.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You will both have your own character but be on the same island.
You will have different houses but you can't really split the island

Cheers =)

Technically you can "split the lsland".

Once you or your brother have the ability to Terraform, build a river or a cliff right in the middle. LOL

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I set up my wardrobe into hat/shirt/pants/shoes sections and changed periodically. Once I got the mannequins it was even better.
So ita cool to see te designated UI that autocategoeizes everything.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed something interesting in the AC Direct footage - there's a football item with a logo on it that looks a lot like the lettering in Splatoon:

unknown.png

Rover

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah there is some overlap in key people (Nogami in particular), at least, but it's interesting. I don't remember AC having a 'fake language' before (not counting their spoken Animalese thing, if it counts), and this is either a specific Splatoon callout, or we're looking at the Nogami Game Universe unfolding before us.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
There's no way that this game would be delayed due to virus concerns this close to release right? Am I being overly concerned?