• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you expect the Animal Crossing Direct?

• February 5th or 6th

Votes: 58 6.6%
  • February 12th or 13th

Votes: 119 13.5%
  • February 19th or 20th

Votes: 297 33.7%
  • Later Feburary

Votes: 123 13.9%
  • Early March

Votes: 127 14.4%
  • No Direct

Votes: 158 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, at least with a physical cart you can have different towns on other switches without buying it again
I guess if you have more than one switch, true. With playing just a little randomly different times a day every day makes it impossible to want to have it physical if I want to play something else that is physical.

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
Can't you just visit someone, get some of the fruit you want and plant it for yourself? Shouldn't be a problem at all, specially in a community like this.

You totally can! And that may be what I end up doing. Fruit isn't something I've especially cared about in past games, but I dunno, the whole island theme really just has me digging the idea of having oranges (and peaches for some reason) from like the get-go.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Can't you just visit someone, get some of the fruit you want and plant it for yourself? Shouldn't be a problem at all, specially in a community like this.
You totally can! And that may be what I end up doing. Fruit isn't something I've especially cared about in past games, but I dunno, the whole island theme really just has me digging the idea of having oranges (and peaches for some reason) from like the get-go.
New Leaf flipped the script on native fruit. Now your native fruit and only your native fruit has a chance of becoming perfect fruit, which you can plant to grow trees that grow perfect fruits. Perfect fruits are shinier and different colors than regular fruits.

native fruits sell for 100
tropical fruits sell for 250
non-native fruits sell for 500
native perfect fruits sell for 600
non-native perfect fruits sell for 3000

best way to make money with fruit is to grow a bunch of perfect fruit and take them to someone else's village to sell for 3000 a piece. You can't grow non-native perfect fruits in your own town.

Here you can see regular and perfect versions of every native fruit:
PL9GpBv.png

Aesthetically normally I prefer cherries, but perfect apples take the cake imo.

And all the other fruits as of New Leaf:
WnfKB05.png

Last edited:

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
With playing just a little randomly different times a day every day makes it impossible to want to have it physical if I want to play something else that is physical.

or you can swap the cartridge with another one ? its not like Switch games are heavy or big like a NeoGeo cart. You can have one in a wallet, and don't even notice it.

Impossible is maybe a tad exaggerated... even inconvenient is too strong a word, imo.

(but some people think it's Impossible to get up from the couch and swap discs on PS4 so...)

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
or you can swap the cartridge with another one ? its not like Switch games are heavy or big like a NeoGeo cart. You can have one in a wallet, and don't even notice it.

Impossible is maybe a tad exaggerated... even inconvenient is too strong a word, imo.

(but some people think it's Impossible to get up from the couch and swap discs on PS4 so...)
Yea I was exaggerating....I still just think it's perfect for a digital game. I get it though for people that are still on the all physical train. I go both ways now, some games are just perfect for digital, smash is another one.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, lucky for you, villagers can't even move in until you reserve land for them so there's nothing stopping you from cutting it off at just 2 if you want. Which makes it all the sillier if they really keep it capped at 10 instead of letting people who want more have more.

I didn't know that, nice. In that case maybe it will be as people say, with more space available based on amount of villagers in the town.

Philia

Oct 25, 2017
Great post RagnarokX I also like to add that Retail also has "Premium" for certain fruit too. If players hoard their perfect fruit for those premium days at someone else's TOWN... They can go for 6k bells each.

ILopthn.jpg

This is a FULL inventory of stacks of 9 perfect fruit. It should be very obvious by now that having a discord full of AC players is a huge PAYOFF. Anyone can announce that their town is accepting premiums and right away anyone with that hoard would be watching for it to head there. In discord, there's an spreadsheet that'll update with everyone's native fruit so we know which players/islands to watch out for. <3

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Watch me reset my island as many times as needed until I get bananas. I shall accept no other fruit.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great post RagnarokX I also like to add that Retail also has "Premium" for certain fruit too. If players hoard their perfect fruit for those premium days at someone else's TOWN... They can go for 6k bells each.

ILopthn.jpg

This is a FULL inventory of stacks of 9 perfect fruit. It should be very obvious by now that having a discord full of AC players is a huge PAYOFF. Anyone can announce that their town is accepting premiums and right away anyone with that hoard would be watching for it to head there. In discord, there's an spreadsheet that'll update with everyone's native fruit so we know which players/islands to watch out for. <3

Call me an idiot or an old man, but I kind of feel like I should only make money from islands of people I know IRL. Like the old days on Gamecube.

Philia

Oct 25, 2017
Call me an idiot or an old man, but I kind of feel like I should only make money from islands of people I know IRL. Like the old days on Gamecube.

Oh that's fine too. Most of the players in the discord are all the OG members from back in the AC New Leaf days and we all had a great grandest time. That's why I came back for New Horizons. With the OG members, I can trust them. <3

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
From where? Amazon had posted delivery date for me and others in our orders. Best Buy has apparently charged cards for their orders yesterday. Walmarts apparently have units already in stores for sale.

Target charged me yesterday and marked as shipped. Tentative delivery set to the 19th but that seems pretty far out unless they plan on letting it sit until next week.

Huggie

Oct 22, 2018
Got two physical copies coming, one for me and one for the Mrs. We cannot wait! Spent so much time in new leaf :)

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
What are you all naming your towns??? For me because the island is made of land and has a lot of layers like lasagna I'm calling mine Landsagna.

What about y'all?

PCK

Oct 26, 2018
What are you all naming your towns??? For me because the island is made of land and has a lot of layers like lasagna I'm calling mine Landsagna.

What about y'all?

Tannhäuser
I love Blade Runner and the monologue by Rutger Hauer, so that is how I came up with it. But in 2014 someone did a game theory analysis of the behaviour of one of the characters in Wagner's opera by that name. His action seem erratic but were found to be mathematically correct. I'm writing my thesis in the field of game theory, so I just knew this had to be the name.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017

What about y'all?
I'm still undecided. When I started my GameCube town I named it Onett after the first town in Earthbound, and then I went on to name my Wild World town Twoson, so this, being my third AC game, should have a town named Threed. But that doesn't sound very fitting for a chill, beautiful island.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still undecided. When I started my GameCube town I named it Onett after the first town in Earthbound, and then I went on to name my Wild World town Twoson, so this, being my third AC game, should have a town named Threed. But that doesn't sound very fitting for a chill, beautiful island.

Just skip to Fourside cuz it sounds cooler.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
New Leaf flipped the script on native fruit. Now your native fruit and only your native fruit has a chance of becoming perfect fruit, which you can plant to grow trees that grow perfect fruits. Perfect fruits are shinier and different colors than regular fruits.

best way to make money with fruit is to grow a bunch of perfect fruit and take them to someone else's village to sell for 3000 a piece. You can't grow non-native perfect fruits in your own town.

Thank you for this! I didn't know about the new system.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
go boring and call it Summers

mnk

Nov 11, 2017

PL9GpBv.png

WnfKB05.png
We haven't seen any of the new fruit trees added in New Leaf yet, have we? Maybe bananas, I can't remember. But I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the lemons, lychees, durians, mangoes, or persimmons yet. In fact I'd totally forgotten about a few of them. I'd been thinking for awhile that bananas, lychees, and durians were the only new fruits added last game.

Likewise for New Leaf's new flowers, I think we've see lilies, but not violets yet.

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

What about y'all?

wow @ landsagna

thinking about calling mine illium. I have a lot of other ideas but I don't know if I like them as much. flag is going to have 2 stars! and hoping for any native fruit that isn't apples

I've spent way too much time thinking about it all, the notepad on my desk that's meant for like................... note taking for important things is now just full of scribbles of island layouts and flag designs, character ideas, drawings of fruit lmao

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Have they shown the clothes designing system this time around? Any big upgrades? I really loved doing that, so relaxing to do some pixel art and get it put on display in the store, then see villagers wearing it later. I fervently wish for a more robust player-made clothes exchange system (more than just visiting a village and seeing it on the mannequins).

wildbite

Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping Best Buy would do a 9pm release for the Animal Crossing Switch console so I could pick it up tomorrow night instead of Friday morning but their events page doesn't say anything and I didn't get a reply to the tweet I sent BestBuy and the support account.