• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I mean...I'm like 99% positive that's not how you play the guitar :P

Wow, shaming the fact he has short arms and hands now? ROOD!

TIpHesF.jpg

He's clearly trying his very best, give him some slack!

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, shaming the fact he has short arms and hands now? ROOD!

TIpHesF.jpg

He's clearly trying his very best, give him some slack!

Lol, ok. I'm glad Pietro is back. Though he's not invited in my village...though since I plan on turning my village into a dystopian nightmare where every house is closed off by a moat to guarantee starvation I think that's a blessing :P

Not Asleep

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that's dampening my excitement for this game is the fact that it'll be hard to sneak time at work to occasionally check in during the day. I'm pretty sure I spent literally thousands of hours on AC:NL, but I was also in grad school, where I worked longer hours but controlled my schedule to a greater extent. On the up side, I'm probably going to be on half a dozen long flights for business in spring/summer where I won't be expected to work much but will still be paid hourly: being paid to play AC seems like a good deal. ;)

I'm so excited for the flowers. I spent so. many. hours. growing hybrids and decking out my town. There seem to be new additions like hyacinth and that wheat-like grass, too.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
If giving the boot to some of the special NPCs meant allowing their species to be villagers, I'd accept it. Like if Lyle and Lottie need to die in order for us to have otter neighbors, then so be it.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm starting to get concerned with the Pietro obsession Delphine is showing, regardless of my feelings towards him. It's beginning to feel like an unhealthy relationship. Is an intervention necessary? Do you have a shrine in your room for him? Is your whole room a shrine to Pietro?

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm starting to get concerned with the Pietro obsession Delphine is showing, regardless of my feelings towards him. It's beginning to feel like an unhealthy relationship. Is an intervention necessary? Do you have a shrine in your room for him? Is your whole room a shrine to Pietro?

Ye38oL9.jpg

Somebody has to love Pietro twice has hard for all the shit and hate people throw his way!
Joke aside, nah, my real favorite is Reese, and there are a handful of villagers I love more than Pietro, but I really think he's underrated as hell.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of Pietro love is absolutely sickening.

I stopped playing New Leaf because of it. All of you Pietro-lovers are absolutely sick in the head.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Is it confirmed that you can't expand, or is this just based on what we know so far?
I think shorelines are altogether different so I would assume those are hard boundaries the new tools can't interact with. Same with the large black rocks. Things could easily get out of control if people could just start expanding the island like that.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the wording there makes me more confident he's just talking about all his pre-existing customers, AKA everyone from New Leaf. 383 is not the final number.
New Leaf, after Welcome Amiibo, had 399 villagers. If we remove the 14 "crossover" characters (Zelda, Splatoon, Monster Hunter, Hello Kitty) that's 385. I highly doubt they randomly cut 2 villagers unless they're hiding some new Special Characters that use their exact model ala Champ (the only villager cut between City Folk and New Leaf) & Porter.

e: Base New Leaf had 333 villagers, incidentally

e2: I stnad corrected, I thought the 399 number excluded to account for Filly & Holden, who aren't real villagers but it doesn't. So the only cuts are the crossover amiibos

Last edited:

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
So, how will you guys organize your villagers' houses? Spread them out across the island? Build a little town in one place?

I can't quite decide how I want to go about things myself.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So, how will you guys organize your villagers' houses? Spread them out across the island? Build a little town in one place?

I'm gonna make neighborhoods with certain themes. And try to have villagers that match that theme. Like 3 neighborhoods of villagers. Then my neighborhood with one other villager I like the most. Then one or two commercial neighborhoods for the businesses.

Oct 28, 2017
New Leaf, after Welcome Amiibo, had 399 villagers. If we remove the 14 "crossover" characters (Zelda, Splatoon, Monster Hunter, Hello Kitty) that's 385. I highly doubt they randomly cut 2 villagers unless they're hiding some new Special Characters that use their exact model ala Champ (the only villager cut between City Folk and New Leaf) & Porter.

e: Base New Leaf had 333 villagers, incidentally
You're missing that the 399 included Filly and Holden, two Japanese exclusive crossover characters. Filly is from 7-11 and Holden is from Fueki Cosmetics.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will I be able to move the tent every day? Like a homeless person moving one area to another - sleep in a different area every night. LOL

I'll probably have the villagers be in one area like a little town you mention, near Tom Nook Services.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Leave them on their own little island so I can be alone.
This makes me hope that the cranky villagers will sufficiently rude and pissy this time around, 'cause now I want them to wake up to their house being isolated on an island when they wake up, after they've been an arse to me or one of my favourite neighbors.
I'm gonna make neighborhoods with certain themes. And try to have villagers that match that theme. Like 3 neighborhoods of villagers. Then my neighborhood with one other villager I like the most. Then one or two commercial neighborhoods for the businesses.
I'm defintely gonna go with the commercial district too. The themes are an interesting idea as well. Now I have even more stuff to decide! Grahh!
Will I be able to move the tent every day? Like a homeless person moving one area to another - sleep in a different area every night. LOL

I'll probably have the villagers be in one area like a little town you mention, near Tom Nook Services.

I was thinking about doing something similar myself, but I can't decide if it will be for better or for worse that I might not go to certain parts of the island as much if I don't have a villager living there.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

I think I will have the houses in one area and make the island in sections. Like a housing section, a garden/parking, shopping, and other sections.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Damn. Being in this thread and not knowing jack about AC is wild. Who is this clown character and what do they do in the game? He's very cute - how do I get him.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Even if the island is around the same size as the New Leaf towns, I think the ability to choose where each animal lives would make it easier to manage having more than 10 animals. Before, the houses going anywhere randomly made the town feel smaller since you have less open spaces to work with, but the ability to clump them together in close knit neighborhoods means you can have more houses while still retaining a bunch of open space for other purposes.

Unfortunately the increase to 8 human characters gets in the way of that. I'd much rather the town limits be 4 humans and 14 animals instead of 8 humans and 10 animals (if that ends up being the case). I imagine the vast majority of islands won't have anywhere close to 8 unique players living on them, so it kinda sucks if they restrict the amount of animals because of the potential for more humans.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
How many villagers max per town do you think they will allow in this one? Its never been as much as the gamecube one.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even if the island is around the same size as the New Leaf towns, I think the ability to choose where each animal lives would make it easier to manage having more than 10 animals. Before, the houses going anywhere randomly made the town feel smaller since you have less open spaces to work with, but the ability to clump them together in close knit neighborhoods means you can have more houses while still retaining a bunch of open space for other purposes.

Unfortunately the increase to 8 human characters gets in the way of that. I'd much rather the town limits be 4 humans and 14 animals instead of 8 humans and 10 animals (if that ends up being the case). I imagine the vast majority of islands won't have anywhere close to 8 unique players living on them, so it kinds sucks if they restrict the amount of animals because of the potential for more humans.

I agree. If you could have x amount of tenants on the island between humans and animals that would be nice compromise. I wish we could use Isabelle to handle eminent domain for our needs when we had another human that wanted to move in.