• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Almost certain it's an upgraded version of the Nook shop. Even though it's bigger, you can tell it's the Nook shop because the bin on the left side of the building, the bulletin board on the right side of the building, and the bucket to the right of the building.
2858786051decc156e92b8a6c7b87e5c6cc5b70f.png

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I THINK the upgrade from tent to house is 98,000 Bells which is... alot lol

Buckle up and farm that weed.

I'm 99% sure you don't need to have Pocket Camp installed. It's a cross-game promotion like Mario Run and Pocket Camp was, but you didn't have to have both, you just got the items in whichever game you did have. Mobile games do this all the time, and that's how it always works.

GOOD.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
it's so dumb. i want to get the new ac flavour switch but i can't for a few months because i'm trying to save money. but the fact that i cannot transfer my ac game save means that i will literally never buy a new switch (what if it actually breaks and i really do need to transfer the save?)

you're shit out of luck then! thank u nintendo

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I would have liked a feature to unlock the ability to use classic music from the GCN, DS/Wii and 3DS games.

That would have been nice, although not really needed or anything

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Hey guys, I think my copy of Animal Crossing New Horizons is busted

I keep tapping my Amiibo card of Joan on there and she doesn't appear on my island

Oh gosh, Isabelle and Daisy Mae have just started crying

... oh no

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of people probably know what they want. I've been waiting for full town customization like this since the series' inception and I felt like the games were getting stale and not progressing enough until now.

Game looks dope and finally giving me enough juice to where I can see myself playing for a loooong time.
Yep, no more new villagers ruining your perfectly placed roads, no more new building being 100% random, in New Leaf they never asked me for a police station and I hate this so much.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
This is my desk right now, in honor of Reese, my fave AC character, you'll always be loved sweet princess, even if Nintendo snubs you, forever in mah kokoro!

SR2J2yB.jpg

Last edited:

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Animal Crossing culture (I'm an expert), but lack of options are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Sims or Halo where you can become successful by being an asshole, and having options. If you screw someone over by adding optional content, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Animal Crossing fans, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase New Horizon, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and cancel fun and customizability for Animal Crossing or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This might be the hardest month long wait I've experienced in maybe 3 years
At least I'm getting the new switch on the 13th to bide some time

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I believe we haven't seen is shrubs, they must be back right? They were amazing in New Leaf

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Animal Crossing culture (I'm an expert), but lack of options are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Sims or Halo where you can become successful by being an asshole, and having options. If you screw someone over by adding optional content, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Animal Crossing fans, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase New Horizon, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and cancel fun and customizability for Animal Crossing or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Now THIS is a good post

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
It looked good, love the warm visual style of it.
A bit weird that seasonal updates, something that's been in every Animal Crossing game now wil be added as free updates later on.
I really hope they are just that, game updates, and not a server side check every Halloween to activate the event. If it's the latter I'll be skipping this game as I loathe unnecessary online connectivity in games.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thank you for this lol

Wonder how many will take this seriously, you forgot the obligatory /s