• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holidays are by free update? Does this mean when game update support ends eventually that holidays and events won't work anymore?
No, you just can't "cheat" by skipping ahead anymore. We won't know how the Halloween and Christmas events work until they're added to the game later this year. It will be a surprise for everyone

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Guess I'm playing my first Animal Crossing game on March 20th. That completely sold me as someone who knew nothing about this series before watching this.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
This is just so good. Terraforming is a massive addition.

I'm sad there's no cooking or farming lite features, but everything else looks so fantastic.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Not a bad Direct; just the right pace and new stuff. I've never played an Animal Crossing game, but with my limited schedule given university it might be the perfect "Play for an hour ecah day" kinda game.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Was only able to half pay attention. I look forward to catching up on what I missed via the GameXplain discussion.

With that being said, I feel like there's a lot that's still a mystery!

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
No, you just can't "cheat" by skipping ahead anymore. We won't know how the Halloween and Christmas events work until they're added to the game later this year. It will be a surprise for everyone
So for someone that buys the game and never connects to the internet, they won't have holidays ok their island? Are we also assuming that once you download the update for a given holiday, it will also continue to loop for each subsequent year?

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that museum was incredible! And the home decorating! And the island renovation!

This is gonna be the ultimate AC experience.

Oct 27, 2017
It looks amazing. Honestly, just wow.

My biggest complaint is whether you can only chat through the app or if there's a way to chat in-game like previous games. Other than that, I feel it's perfect. I hope they do add more island events (like morning aerobics) and more villager-interaction.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Excited. Island construction is huge, people are going to go nuts with that. I wanted to see more info on patterns though, I hoped they would be more complex than in the 3DS games.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Castaway time. Just me and my volleyball.

16060.jpg

Nick

Oct 28, 2017
OK BUT SERIOUSLY... Where was Joan?! Who was this young warthog(?) selling turnips instead??

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Comes out the first weekend of the college basketball tournament. No way I'm getting off my couch that weekend.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
As someone who hasn't truly played an Animal Crossing game since the GameCube (dabbled in Wild World, but it didn't click with me), I couldn't be much happier. The Pocket Camp integration and the cloud save deal are iffy, but shouldn't be a big deal to me. Game looks amazing, and I can't wait to play it. Every day. Every night. It will be my new life. A better life.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So for someone that buys the game and never connects to the internet, they won't have holidays ok their island? Are we also assuming that once you download the update for a given holiday, it will also continue to loop for each subsequent year?

There's no reason it wouldn't unless they plan to update them somewhat every year for a while.