• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
One thing I hope we really get is some sort of online hub with monthly events, sorta like Inkopolis Square with Splatfest.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Question on AC: Picking up the Limited Edition Switch and selling my OG one, however my partner has started to become really into Brain Training so I'm considering getting a Lite for them. I was wondering, if I grabbed another copy of the game, would we be able to play together, or am I better just using two controllers off one console?

Oct 28, 2017
Question on AC: Picking up the Limited Edition Switch and selling my OG one, however my partner has started to become really into Brain Training so I'm considering getting a Lite for them. I was wondering, if I grabbed another copy of the game, would we be able to play together, or am I better just using two controllers off one console?
If you're down with living together on the same island, just do one Switch. If you both want your own island, two Switches and two copies of the game. You'll be able to play together either way, it really just depends on how much you want to share your playtime and your island(s).

Oct 26, 2017
If you play on one console you HAVE to use the same Town. Better to get two copies as everyone can build up their own town and you can visit each other anyway.
Also saves are less of a hassle then.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
I hope the special Nintendo NPCs from the Welcome Amiibo update make a return.

DeepChord

Jan 21, 2018
It's been a while since I last played an AC game. Do we know if player made patterns can be put up for others to use? I want to harness the work of much more creative and talented folks.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's been a while since I last played an AC game. Do we know if player made patterns can be put up for others to use? I want to harness the work of much more creative and talented folks.
You could in New Leaf using QR codes. I had a few patterns I found online.

There's very little info about NH though, we might know in a few hours I guess.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm in an interview from 2pm-3pm... right across Direct time... WHYYYYY! I can't skip it either as I need to be their to ask the person being interviewed very specific questions with the main interviewer.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
If you're down with living together on the same island, just do one Switch. If you both want your own island, two Switches and two copies of the game. You'll be able to play together either way, it really just depends on how much you want to share your playtime and your island(s).
If you play on one console you HAVE to use the same Town. Better to get two copies as everyone can build up their own town and you can visit each other anyway.
Thanks for the replies - I guess I'll go the two copies, two switches route so that I can play other things whilst she is using AC.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Bruh that 15 seconds ad is a bomb drop.
The menu with all the clothes is a fucking game changer.
The ability to put everything outside, you decide where to put EVERY building, you can create roads, stairs, you can have every clothes in the game. I don't care if some people just see it as "just more Animal Crossing" "not enough new stuff", that's not true, we already have so many new things that are actually game changer. Towns will never be the same as they were before. Fashion in Animal Crossing will never be the same as it was before.
That Direct is gonna be so fucking good...

Last edited:

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
Bruh that 15 seconds ad is a bomb drop.
The menu with all the clothes is a fucking game changer.
The ability to put everything outside, you decide where to put EVERY building, you can created roads, stairs, you can have every clothes in the game. I don't care if some people just see it as "just more Animal Crossing" "not enough new stuff", that's not true, we already have so many new things that are actually game changer. Towns will never be the same as they were before. Fashion in Animal Crossing will never be the same as it was before.
That Direct is gonna be so fucking good...

i kinda wish you didnt have to decide where shops and stuff go. i dont think its a particularly popular opinion, but i liked having some aspects of the game random and out of the players control. i hope new horizons still conveys the feeling of "youre one dude living in a town" and not "welcome to sim city animal edition" u feel

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
i kinda wish you didnt have to decide where shops and stuff go. i dont think its a particularly popular opinion, but i liked having some aspects of the game random and out of the players control. i hope new horizons still conveys the feeling of "youre one dude living in a town" and not "welcome to sim city animal edition" u feel
I think they said at E3 that you can let the game decide where to put the animals' house.
Really not sure, but I feel like they turned it like "when they arrive, the villagers ask you if you want to chose where to put their house", I think I remember something like that.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
In Italy the physical copy is discounted at 49€ instead of 59€ everywhere, including Amazon, Gamestop, etc. I don't understand why, this has never happened with any other Switch first-party title.

In spain Mediamarkt always have 59 euros switch games as 49 or even 45 sometimes.
That has been happening since the 3ds and wiiU days, not only for firsr party but most third party also, same with Carrefour and other places, GAME is one of the only stores to sell Nintendo games at full price (smash ultimates price there compared to other places was bonkers). Strange italy seems to start doing that just now, as i though most of europe had similar stuff going on.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
In spain Mediamarkt always have 59 euros switch games as 49 or even 45 sometimes.
That has been happening since the 3ds and wiiU days, not only for firsr party but most third party also, same with Carrefour and other places, GAME is one of the only stores to sell Nintendo games at full price (smash ultimates price there compared to other places was bonkers). Strange italy seems to start doing that just now, as i though most of europe had similar stuff going on.

On Amazon.it you can find most of Nintendo first-party games at 49€ now, but that happens some months after the release. At D1, I was sometimes able to get games for less because of initial errors (for example, Link's Awakening was priced for less than 49€), but only on Amazon. GameStop always has full price games, with the exception of Animal Crossing.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I can't afford to stay up for this one, so I guess i'll need to catch up on everything in the morning. Really excited for this though; but more than anything, i'm hoping for some clarity on moving saves between systems.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
On Amazon.it you can find most of Nintendo first-party games at 49€ now, but that happens some months after the release. At D1, I was sometimes able to get games for less because of initial errors (for example, Link's Awakening was priced for less than 49€), but only on Amazon. GameStop always has full price games, with the exception of Animal Crossing.
Hmmm, the cool thing about mediamarkt here is that its always on release and the price stays that way. Too bad i just saw the price of animal crossing and it went down 5 euros instead of 10. so its 54 right now.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I feel like this is all well and good until a new villager moves over your prized flowers/orchard, or messes up some other path you have set up in town.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
I feel like this is all well and good until a new villager moves over your prized flowers/orchard, or messes up some other path you have set up in town.

oh yes i agree. i should have clarified i have no problems with having choice in where villager houses go. just stores and other permanent fixtures.

still, i can tell that being able to move shops and such will be a highly popular feature so its probably just me that doesnt love it as much.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Can't believe it has been seven years since the last Animal Crossing (disregarding Hapoy Home and the Wii U game). Definitely excited to see more of this one. Feel like I may need to purchase another Switch though because I'm not very fond of every player on the Switch sharing the same island, regardless of profiles.

Vitor

Oct 30, 2017
Do you guys think we will still be able to make custom design patterns in this game? The clothing models are way more complex and high res, would the custom textures even look good?

The palm trees in the couch and the stool here look custom though, what do you guys think?

JMneTPg.png

Gutanoth

Banned
Feb 3, 2020

So all user accounts have to play in the same town? We only have 1 switch at home (just my gf and I) and I would just like to have 2 save files, so we both can decide where we want what buildings etc.

Oct 26, 2017
So all user accounts have to play in the same town? We only have 1 switch at home (just my gf and I) and I would just like to have 2 save files, so we both can decide where we want what buildings etc.
Only one island per console. Every account on that console can only play on that island. So you have to plan building placement etc together.
It's archaic as fuck, as item dupers and save scummers will just find other ways to do just that. Hopefully they patch a solution later.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think we will still be able to make custom design patterns in this game? The clothing models are way more complex and high res, would the custom textures even look good?

The palm trees in the couch and the stool here look custom though, what do you guys think?

JMneTPg.png

Looks to me like they might have changed the custom designs from being dot-by-dot pixels to more vector based with straight lines and maybe a fill tool

As for clothing, I figure there'll just be a default standard t-shirt/hat/etc. to work with. I think they'd look pretty decent

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just from all the screenshots and brief videos so far, I can't get over how gorgeous this game is. It's so bright and cheery and wonderful, and there are great details everywhere.

After New Leaf had weird faded colours, I'm so glad to see New Horizons be so vibrant.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
For the record, while it definitely IS ridiculous that having two islands isn't an option, I would still highly recommend to basically anyone to play on the same island if they can. That's the best way to play, so many systems and mechanics feel so static and underused when there's only one player on the island.

Gutanoth

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
For the record, while it definitely IS ridiculous that having two islands isn't an option, I would still highly recommend to basically anyone to play on the same island if they can. That's one of the best ways to play the game, so many systems and mechanics feel so static and underused when there's only one player on the island.
But what if I have a plan for the town in my head, but my GF decides to place some things (trees etc?) on places i don't want them? Thats annoying

Green Starman

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way I'll be able to play this game at launch, but it's been a while since I've been excited for a direct. The stream could be 25 minutes of Punchy dancing and I would still enjoy it.

I wonder if the DLC will be part of the presentation, the only downloadble content I would find neat would be music from the previous games.

I openly admit that I usually don't care enough about this series to get into the games, but there has always been an interest to try one of them out.

So I'll be watching the direct to see if I can finally cross over into the ' buy and finally give one of these games a try' category.

Gutanoth

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
It's been like this since the very first game...

Yeah, I think there should be an option to have your own island, but it has been a staple of the franchise for 19 years now, so saying it's rediculous is a little odd to me since it's the way the game is meant to be played from day 1.
This will be my first AC. I have never felt the appeal, but after the mobile game i started to see the charm.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in an interview from 2pm-3pm... right across Direct time... WHYYYYY! I can't skip it either as I need to be their to ask the person being interviewed very specific questions with the main interviewer.
Ask this very specific question then:
Do you like Animal Crossing?
If the answer is yes, load up the Direct and watch together.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
After that new trailer, I really couldn't be more hyped for this direct and then obviously this game to release. The game just looks so polished and so good overall. I can't wait to see what's in store for us on our islands in one month.