• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Never played a full AC before but I was addicted to the mobile game for a couple of weeks.

I take it a full fat game is just a bigger and better version of the mobile game?

Also what U.K. time is this?

Trust me, the mobile game is nothing compared to the Full Animal Crossing experience.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I want to be excited for this game but I have this gut worry that they're going to botch this somehow. Like there will be a lot of microtransactions in the game, or it will be missing some key component the earlier games had that will be really disappointing like no museum or something. Hopefully this direct will lay my fears to rest.

JosephMichael

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Would just like to take a moment to appreciate how well my post from the speculation OT aged..

ZEkZGIH.png

Anyways, I'm just excited to see/hear anything new about any upcoming title. I've never played Animal Crossing so I'm excited to pick up New Horizons.

Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to get a general direct and see what the rest of 2020 looks like.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On the 20th as expected. I'm glad Nintendo waited until the afternoon to post the announcement just to mess with people

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Next time They should tweet this sunday, just to completely end patterns once and for all.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure this was worth endless threads of people going out of their minds but I'm interested to see what's in this short video about Animal Crossing so I'll watch it. Can people calm down now? There was a guy in the last thread who was taking a break from the forum because he was upset about having to make a video about drinking his own piss for Pete's sake.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Nintendo really gonna make me preorder NH after I bought ACNL 3 different times and couldn't get into it

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much the AC fanbase will grow because of the Switch. I hope the game turns out great, looks very fun and relaxing so far.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
No predictions, anybody? Ok, I'll go. A mixture of serious and sarcastic ones:

- You can craft anything, including outer facade decor of your house. Wanna add some bell towers to it? Go ahead.
- Tortimer is dead. There's a tomb of him on the island. You can desecrate it.
- Golf carts. Mother flipping golf carts.
- You can build treehouse over some trees. Make it either a man cave or a she shed.
- K.K. Mumble rap
- Police station is not just a lost and found office now. Copper and Booker can arrest you if you hit your neighbors behind and block you from playing for a whole day.
- Homo Habilis fossils to be dug. Yeah it's possible to find humanoid skulls if you dig the marked points.
- Tax. There is tax in Animal Crossing now and if you don't pay it in time Lyle can repossess your stuff, starting with the rarest and most valuable.
- Brewster runs a night bar in the island and you can make some sick cocktails using the exotic fruit you grow. Just don't drink and drive golf carts or Booker will bust your ass.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Just about AC? Really the 1st Switch big 1st party game I have no I interest in. But let's get it over with and then look forward to what's coming next.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Guess we can throw in another announcement time for future direct speculation.

Excited for more AC info though.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
lol
I guess this is their last chance to tell me why this isn't the last 3 animal crossing games.
I would like to be excited for this game.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
It was so obvious since Nintendo makes Direct from major releases, and AC had Direct before so... no surprise here. Still waiting for the big direct

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Shame it'll air at such a bad time for me (1 AM); i've stayed up for other directs before but this time i'm fine with just catching up on the news in the morning.