• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Excited for the Roost! Wondering if we're getting a really meaty update to justify the separate presentation.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
It's about time, poor Brewster has been so neglected. Too late for me though, Ive been done with the game and don't feel like coming back to an island full of weeds.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Finally something! Hopefully since it has its own Direct it's a really big update/planned updates

Lirose

May 30, 2018
Very excited for this. Guessing the direct will be end of October to be rolled out early November since we already have the updates for Halloween in the game now.

Airi

Oct 27, 2017
I had a spot on my island saved for building his cafe. It being in the museum is disappointing, but at least Brewster's back.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Directs within Directs.

I'm anxious to hope back into AC, I haven't touched it since March. Maybe I need to go in and start to do some maintenance before the update hits.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it means we are getting a big update. I haven't jumped back into the game in about a year

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
There's definitely more to this than just the standard Roost if it's getting it's own Direct. Maybe they'll combine the Roost with the custom exhibition thing from New Leaf?

Mar 19, 2020
I'm not getting my hopes up that this will be anything too substantial. I really want a reason to go back to this game.

Solbright

Oct 28, 2017
Please for the love of all that is good, let this be the meaty update we have all desired for so long. I love this game, but the lack of new content really hurts the gameplay loop. Not to mention the lack of feature parity with new leaf. I have hope now, though.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Was hoping The Roost would have its own building, but at least it's coming.
Considering there can be up to eight players living on an island, there are probably plenty of people with islands that are way too cramped to hold any more buildings. Also, plenty of people with tons of outdoor furniture, so it would take a lot of time to move things around to clear space for a new building.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God I hope they show us how pigeon milk is made

I need to know

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Please look forward to us re-adding content from the old games almost two years after launch.

I certainly hope the update is more meaty than that, but the track record for this game's support isn't great.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Was hoping The Roost would have its own building, but at least it's coming.
It really bothers me that they have avoided adding any new buildings...
Same. Cramming it in the museum just assures I will never visit it because it's already annoying enough to have to go through one loading screen to get into the museum. Plus my museum is in the far top corner of my island. I wanted a nice 5x3 building to put somewhere and decorate the outside of. I can't decorate outside my museum more than it already is. Hell, right now I have a beachside cafe as it is. This would have been the perfect building to complement it. A beach side coffee shop.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
Woot i'm so excited! I was just wondering recently if Nintendo had abandoned AC altogether :( Not gonna lie though, i was hoping it wouldn't be in the museum as i rarely go in there these days (guess this will give me a reason to though). And yeah the loading screens are a pita. But i'm just happy we're getting him.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The Roost is awesome.

I still hope we're getting Zelda items at some point -- hopefully part of this update! It's an anniversary celebration year! Also I remember I worked my butt off to get some Zelda stuff in New Leaf and I really want some Zelda stuff in this one too.

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's pretty hefty, not too confident that there won't also be a paid aspects to the expansion. That might be fine if done well, but just brewster free, that's not gonna fly for me. Already not too thrilled he's just been shoved into the museum.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Woot i'm so excited! I was just wondering recently if Nintendo had abandoned AC altogether :( Not gonna lie though, i was hoping it wouldn't be in the museum as i rarely go in there these days (guess this will give me a reason to though). And yeah the loading screens are a pita. But i'm just happy we're getting him.
I think it's glaringly obvious that they weren't gonna overwork their devs to get free content out, it's gonna be a big update, enough to make a direct out of, and unlike with Fortnite they're not having the team dedicated day and night to get constant updates out

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What I'm hoping for is improved loading times. Just the thought of entering the museum, and then another door to get to the cafe bores me
All these black loading screens I see everytime I play Animal Crossing and visit neighbors, or enter the shops, they're not long but with the time I've already spent on the game I just can't stand them
Give me an SSD Nintendo

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Been wanting to do a clean play through where I don't terraform any of my island. It makes me feel like it's never done when I start that path... rather just enjoy the village for what it is.

ryechu

Oct 25, 2017
I want a Kappn feature that takes me to a permanent side island that I can do with as I please. I'm sure a lot of ppl feel locked in with their island at this point. Also rework or expand mystery tours. Also add more furniture sets both purchasable and craftable. Increase the incline and bridge cap and add new styles for those. Add new styles for houses, Allow customizing villager houses (exterior and interior) after reaching a certain level of friendship.

Oct 26, 2017
Glad the Roost is finally back after being datamined around launch IIRC. Pity it's not its own building but as pointed out above, it may be to allow more space for custom things.

My requests:

- Shop upgrades. Let me have Nookingtons back!
- Selectable soundtracks. I want to be able to listen to the OG game's 24 hour tracklist. Put all three prior soundtracks in. Even better if you can customize them by the hour.
- Extremely unlikely, but please somehow put more oomph back into the dialog. It's sad that NH is so bland compared to even the original game's dialog in 2001/2002. Are they that afraid of folks being offended since that was apparently why Resetti was more or less retired?