• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
This worth picking up. No more updates so I'm in the fence.
If you know what's already in the game and you're interested, get it. If not, don't. With the current sale, it has never been a better time to get started with the base game. If you already have the more expensive Nintendo Online plan, the DLC would be accessible fairly shortly - just don't forget to download it.

Make sure you check a guide before transferring your island to another system if you ever intend to do that, because that isn't a simple process.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Ione to visit my campsite and I knew she had to move on to my island. Mission Accomplished. Shame I'm losing Mathilda, but that's life

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
I've currently got Flora in boxes if anyone wants to come and get her. She'll be here for just under six hours and then she'll be gone.

Edit: Gone.

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I decided to do a new island! It had been quite a while since I had played, and I decided this time to be a little chill. Back when this game was first out I felt pressured to have this super amazing looking island. Now it looks like a pile of garbage, but its my pile of cute garbage. Been having lots of fun.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to do a new island! It had been quite a while since I had played, and I decided this time to be a little chill. Back when this game was first out I felt pressured to have this super amazing looking island. Now it looks like a pile of garbage, but its my pile of cute garbage. Been having lots of fun.

I have a second island that is way less built up that I can just mess around with. I wish Nintendo would remove the one island per Switch limit. I hate it so much.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I started tearing down parts of my island to redo them after the 2.0 update I'd been putting off. I also wish I could have a second island I could fly to and use as storage because I'd love to have started over completely but kept all my stuff. Even though I guess I'd lose all my Miles and all my achievements there and all my recipes.

I'm not a streamer. I have no reason to buy a second Switch just for resetting.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
It was a really hard decision to let go of all of the stuff I had from the previous island. I wish they would figure out a way to let us keep our catalog at least in a reset. Ah well

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
It was a really hard decision to let go of all of the stuff I had from the previous island. I wish they would figure out a way to let us keep our catalog at least in a reset. Ah well
The only reason I haven't done it is because I'd lose all that stuff. I wish I'd known when I started up initially that I should keep re-rolling to get an island I like. But I wouldn't want to have ruined the fun of that first day with bullshit. So if I could have I would have gotten a second switch early on when I didn't have so many achievements and stuff and done it then. Doing it now though would be way too destructive with my hundreds of DIYs and all my NMT achievements and the hundred thousand Miles+ I can't transfer.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

I have something like 120,000,000 bells and 1.2 million Nook Miles. I can't throw that away on a reset so I have another island on a Switch Lite. I broke down and bought an OLED model because I can't see the Lite. Now I gotta figure out how to transfer the islands around.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I know cloud saves were not there from the jump but got added later… I just installed the game on the OLED and I don't have a cloud save. Did I have to manually enable them after the update was added? 120 hr save lost. Oh well, guess I will start a new island some day.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know cloud saves were not there from the jump but got added later… I just installed the game on the OLED and I don't have a cloud save. Did I have to manually enable them after the update was added? 120 hr save lost. Oh well, guess I will start a new island some day.
Do you have a Nintendo Online subscription? Those are required for cloud saves. Then you may have to go into the App preferences to enable it.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I do. And all games that I have installed on my newer Switch seem to have had cloud saves enabled by default but when I go to the game settings on AC it is not enabled for some reason.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I do. And all games that I have installed on my newer Switch seem to have had cloud saves enabled by default but when I go to the game settings on AC it is not enabled for some reason.

It's not on by default. You have to go to the ACNH title screen and press minus to bring up the option to turn it on. You need both Switches to transfer the save file using Island Transfer Tool from the eShop (free download).

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
It's not on by default. You have to go to the ACNH title screen and press minus to bring up the option to turn it on. You need both Switches to transfer the save file using Island Transfer Tool from the eShop (free download).

Gotcha. Poor planning on my part to not have looked into it before I upgraded and sold my old Switch. RIP Raineyland Island.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

View: https://twitter.com/TheRealAbed/status/1551240984070987776

Seriously, Pierce. You could have sent me that yesterday and saved me the trouble. lol

I open my mailbox and take out my gifts. I did a double take when I noticed they were the same. I thought at least Pierces would be the fake one... but nope. Same real one.

Either way I'm now down to two pieces of art left. The Beautiful Statue and the Tremendous Statue. And only like a half dozen more Gyroids to complete that collection.

Also, I made the huge decision to just up and tear down my entire island and start from scratch. So much work. But at least now I can make it 2.0 compliant. I had tried to reconfigure my island as it was but I wanted to add a farm and an amusement park but it was too much trouble so I decided to just give myself a lot more trouble and erase the entire canvas. lol

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
Finally finished the 30 houses for Happy Home Paradise and had no idea about the DJ KK concert. What an incredible treat. The remixes, the dances, the villager's rave outfits. Made the whole thing worth it.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
^ I still gotta get to that concert! Kinda stopped designing houses for a long while.

- - - -
EDIT : taken care of thanks to weemadarthur!

This is gonna be a shot in the dark:
Does anyone have a Retro Transportation Stop or Stacked Shopping Baskets they can get to me?

nookipedia.com

Item:Retro transportation stop (New Horizons)

The retro transportation stop is a customizable houseware furniture item in Animal Crossing: New Horizons introduced in the 2.0 Free Update. The player is able to...

nookipedia.com

Item:Stacked shopping baskets (New Horizons)

The stacked shopping baskets is a customizable houseware furniture item in Animal Crossing: New Horizons introduced in the 2.0 Free Update. The stacked shopping...

Last edited:

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the Stacked baskets a DIY of the basic shopping basket? if so, do you want the recipe or a finished item?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Isn't the Stacked baskets a DIY of the basic shopping basket? if so, do you want the recipe or a finished item?

Oh just the finished item. I mean, if the DIY was possible that'd nice but I only need one. Whatever works best for someone honestly.

Edit: yeah that site says it's a DIY that requires 5 baskets. Oh boy. That's a big ask... I just ordered five baskets if someone wants to come over and convert it tomorrow

Last edited:

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Been working on my new island layout. Hitting some walls in designing things. But I'm sure I'll figure it out. I have no plan really.

Also I only have two gyroids left. Two Bubbloids. Then I'm done with that. Also two pieces of art. A dozen fish and a dozen bugs and a handful of sea creatures. Once I have the last Gyroids I wont need to take a Kapp'n tour anymore every day. (Twice, one for each player I have.)

I have sooo many duplicate Gyroids though and I don't know what to do with them. I would probably just sell them all to Nook's. Rather than go to the trouble of selling them on some website or something. I really wish they'd have put in a place to donate them just so there could be a catalog of them. I'm still heartbroken I couldn't cram them all into my attic because of the limit of 150 pieces of furniture and the fact that even without it there's not enough spaces for every single one to be displayed. I almost want to make a third player house just to use it as a Gyroid museum. Almost.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Is there like a community site or some way of finding people whose islands are currently open? I feel like that was a thing. I'm just now getting into the game (but a longtime fan since N64) and feeling like I missed the days where the community was at its peak for exchanging places to sell native fruit and pick up some new varieties.

Or is there a way to visit random people's isles from the airport who are currently open? I figure not cause Nintendo ain't really about that kind of stuff.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The community is pretty darn slow, yes. But you can join the discord server [link in post 1 or 2] and see who's still playing lately.

Once you add friends to your switch, you can check your airport to see if anyone's island is open. Or make plans ahead of time etc.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Is there like a community site or some way of finding people whose islands are currently open? I feel like that was a thing. I'm just now getting into the game (but a longtime fan since N64) and feeling like I missed the days where the community was at its peak for exchanging places to sell native fruit and pick up some new varieties.

Or is there a way to visit random people's isles from the airport who are currently open? I figure not cause Nintendo ain't really about that kind of stuff.
Turnip.exchange still gets some foot traffic if you need to buy/sell turnips. The Reddit thread is also decently active: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCros...athread_new_horizons_dodofriend_code_sharing/

There's less reason to visit other people now that you can find non-native fruits on Kapp'n tours and customize furniture with Reese and Cyrus, so you won't miss too much by not visiting other people.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Turnip.exchange still gets some foot traffic if you need to buy/sell turnips. The Reddit thread is also decently active: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCros...athread_new_horizons_dodofriend_code_sharing/

There's less reason to visit other people now that you can find non-native fruits on Kapp'n tours and customize furniture with Reese and Cyrus, so you won't miss too much by not visiting other people.

Ok! I suppose I haven't gotten to Captain tours or Reese and Cyrus yet, so that's exciting to look forward to.

Oct 28, 2017
I hope that'll still be available when I get to August. I play one day at a time right now so I'm still in March. I assume it'll show up when I ketchup with August.
It should still be available then, because Nintendo removed all time gating as part of the 2.0 and beyond process. I'm buying extras to share just in case anyone misses out. If you have anyone on your friend's list who is playing in real time, they can mail you two a day straight out of the catalog.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Been getting back into this game hard. Started a new island, taking nothing with me (except... well, over 20 million bells. No way I was leaving THAT behind.)

I had originally stopped playing before the update which added genuine farming... so I've got a lot of new stuff to see and do, lol. Also grabbed the DLC. Just got my island to 3 stars a few days ago, and have 20 HHP homes done.

What I'm looking for now is some kind of Nook Miles achievement tracker. A checklist that I can use to kind of boil down my Nook Miles progress, down to a sort of quest list. Anyone know where I can find something like that? I've been looking but I can't seem to find one.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Been getting back into this game hard. Started a new island, taking nothing with me (except... well, over 20 million bells. No way I was leaving THAT behind.)

I had originally stopped playing before the update which added genuine farming... so I've got a lot of new stuff to see and do, lol. Also grabbed the DLC. Just got my island to 3 stars a few days ago, and have 20 HHP homes done.

What I'm looking for now is some kind of Nook Miles achievement tracker. A checklist that I can use to kind of boil down my Nook Miles progress, down to a sort of quest list. Anyone know where I can find something like that? I've been looking but I can't seem to find one.
I don't play much anymore but I did use The Ultimate Catalogue to track everything in the game, including Nook Miles.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

I use the New Horizons Travel Guide myself. It has checkboxes for everything. Including the miles stuff.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Hey...

So I have almost 300 damn recipes in my storage just taking up space, and I've been holding onto them "just in case" anyone needs one of them.

Well, I'm gonna toss them all on Monday. If anyone wants any of them, just shoot me a DM and I'll get them to you somehow.

Acorn Rug x 2

Acoustic Guitar

Angled signpost x 2

Apple Chair

Aroma pot

Bamboo bench x 2

Bamboo doll

Bamboo drum

Bamboo-grove wall

Bamboo lunch box x 2

Bamboo partition x 2

Bamboo sphere x 2

Bamboo stool x 2

Bamboo wall decoration

Basket pack

Beekeeper's hive

Birdbath

Birdcage

Blue rose crown x2

Blue rose wreath

Bonfire

Boomerang

Cardboard bed

Cardboard table

Carp on a cutting board x 2

Cherry-blossom-petal pile

Cherry-blossom pond stone

Cherry-blossom-trees wall

Cherry dress

Cherry hat

Cherry lamp x 2

Cherry speakers x 3

Cherry umbrella

Chic tulip crown

Chic windflower wreath

Chocolate herringbone wall

Coconut juice

Cosmos shower

Cutting board

Decoy duck

Deer scare

Document stack x2

Doghouse

Falling-snow wall x2

Festive wrapping paper

Firewood

Flat garden rock

Floral swag x2

Forbidden altar

Forest wall

Frozen fence

Garden bench

Garden rock

Garden wagon x3

Giant teddy bear

Gift pile

Glow-in-the-dark stickers

Gold bars

Gold-screen wall x2

Golden arowana model

Golden candlestick

Golden dung beetle

Golden gear tower

Golden gears

Golden plate armor

Golden samurai suit x2

Golden toilet

Golden vase

Grass standee x3

Green bamboo mat x3

Hedge standee

Hedge standee x2

Honeycomb flooring

Honeycomb wall x2

Hyacinth lamp

Imperial pot

Iron armor

Iron closet

Iron frame

Iron garden table

Iron hanger stand

Ironwood cart

Ironwood low table x2

Jail bars

Kettle bathtub

Kettlebell x2

Leaf

Leaf umbrella

Libra scale

Light bamboo bath mat x4

Light bamboo rug

Log bed

Log pack

Log stool

Log wall-mounted clock x2

Lucky gold cat x2

Manga-library wall

Modeling clay

Modern wood wall

Money flooring x3

Moon

Mountain standee

Mum crown

Mush lamp

Mush log

Mush parasol

Mush partition x2

Natural garden table

Natural square table x2

Orange rug x2

Orange umbrella x3

Orange wall-mounted clock x2

Palm tree lamp x3

Pansy table

Peach chair

Peach dress

Peach hat

Peach surprise box

Pear bed

Pear rug

Pear umbrella x2

Pear wardrobe

Pile of cash

Pine bonsai tree

Pitfall seed

Pond stone

Pot x2

Project table

Rocking horse

Ruined broken pillar

Sandy-beach flooring

Sauna heater

Shell arch x2

Shell bed

Shell fountain x2

Shell lamp

Shell stool

Shell wreath

Ski-slope wall x3

Small cardboard boxes x2

Snowflake pochette x2

Snowflake wreath

Star wand

Starry-=sands flooring x2

Steamer-basket set

Steel flooring x3

Stone lion-dog x2

Straw umbrella hat

Tall garden rock

Tall lantern

Tea table x2

Terrarium

Tiki torch

Timber doorplate

Traditional balancing toy

Tree standee

Tree's bounty mobile x3

Tropical vista

Tulip surprise box

Underwater flooring x2

Underwater wall

Vine bench

Vine hanging chair

Water flooring

Western-style stone x2 (basically tombstones)

Wild log bench

Wild-wood wall

Windflower wand

Wooden-black table

Wooden box x2

Wooden chair x2

Wooden end table

Wooden full-length mirror

Wooden ladder set-up kit

Wooden low table

Wooden-mosaic wall

Wooden-plank sign

Wooden simple bed

Wooden stool

Wooden waste bin

Yellow-leaf pile

Zen-style stone x2

If anyone wants to see a picture of any of these items, just let me know and I'll get one to you.

Food recipes

Baked Potatoes

Apple Jam

Apple jelly

Apple tart

Bread gratin x2

Cake salé

Carpaccio di capensante x4

Champiñones al Ajillo

Cherry smoothie x2

Coconut milk x2

Coconut pudding

Frosted cookie

Fruit salad

Fruit scones x3

Jarred mushrooms x3

Mixed-fruits bagel sandwich x2

Mixed-fruits pie

Mixed-fruits sandwich x3

Mushroom pixxa

Orange jelly

Orange pound cake x2

Orange tart

Peach pie

Peach smoothie

Pear jam

Pear jelly

Pear pie

Pizza margherita

Potato galette

Pumpkin pound cake

Salad x2

Seafood ajillo

Veggie cookies

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Hey...

So I have almost 300 damn recipes in my storage just taking up space, and I've been holding onto them "just in case" anyone needs one of them.

Well, I'm gonna toss them all on Monday. If anyone wants any of them, just shoot me a DM and I'll get them to you somehow.

Apple Chair

Birdcage

Blue rose crown x2

Blue rose wreath

Chic tulip crown

Forbidden altar

Frozen fence

Glow-in-the-dark stickers

Gold bars

Gold-screen wall x2

Golden arowana model

Golden gear tower

Golden gears

Golden vase

Green bamboo mat

Imperial pot

Iron hanger stand

Jail bars

Light bamboo bath mat

Project table

Ruined broken pillar

Shell stool

Snowflake pochette

Tree standee

Vine bench

Windflower wand

Wooden box

If anyone wants to see a picture of any of these items, just let me know and I'll get one to you.

Food recipes

Carpaccio di capensante

Champiñones al Ajillo

Coconut milk

Mixed-fruits bagel sandwich

Peach smoothie

Pear jelly
I'd take the quoted, if that's all right.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'd take the quoted, if that's all right.
Oh shit!

I'm sorry, I didn't get an alert for this post for some damn reason. Sorry, I already trashed all my recipes.
That really bugs me that I didn't get an alert now, lol. Like if I were able to give away any of them it'd feel "worth it" for me, even if just a little bit.

Again, I'm really sorry.

Now, this is looooooooong shot, but if anyone happens to have a Giraffe Stag just sitting in their storage, I'm willing to pay like almost 4 million bells for it (I think the most money you can carry on your person is like 3,999,958 bells?).
I've been working on getting models from Flick for each of the bugs, and I have the 3 required for every bug except the Giraffe Stag, and I slept on getting them last time they were in season, but I only need one more.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit!

I'm sorry, I didn't get an alert for this post for some damn reason. Sorry, I already trashed all my recipes.
That really bugs me that I didn't get an alert now, lol. Like if I were able to give away any of them it'd feel "worth it" for me, even if just a little bit.

Again, I'm really sorry.

Now, this is looooooooong shot, but if anyone happens to have a Giraffe Stag just sitting in their storage, I'm willing to pay like almost 4 million bells for it (I think the most money you can carry on your person is like 3,999,958 bells?).
I've been working on getting models from Flick for each of the bugs, and I have the 3 required for every bug except the Giraffe Stag, and I slept on getting them last time they were in season, but I only need one more.

I hate to tell you this, but bugs and fish can't be traded.
You can game the system in your favor though.

1) Change the date and time on your Switch to Giraffe Stag O'clock.
2) Dig up 4-5 palm trees from your island.
3) Go to a Kappn' island and reset until you get one that doesn't have a ton of cliffs. You don't want to be climbing up and down those things.
4) Chop down every tree that isn't a palm tree. Pick every flower.
5) Plant your palm trees on the beach along with the others.
6) Now run around and scare away anything that spawns that isn't a Giraffe Stag.
7) Profit.

Be careful checking out the palm trees because the stags spook easy.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit!

Again, I'm really sorry.
I was kind of wondering why you posted that and then vanished, lol. Oh well, it happens.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I hate to tell you this, but bugs and fish can't be traded.
You can game the system in your favor though.

1) Change the date and time on your Switch to Giraffe Stag O'clock.
2) Dig up 4-5 palm trees from your island.
3) Go to a Kappn' island and reset until you get one that doesn't have a ton of cliffs. You don't want to be climbing up and down those things.
4) Chop down every tree that isn't a palm tree. Pick every flower.
5) Plant your palm trees on the beach along with the others.
6) Now run around and scare away anything that spawns that isn't a Giraffe Stag.
7) Profit.

Be careful checking out the palm trees because the stags spook easy.
I thought I remembered some weirdness with not being able to trade critters, but I thought I'd ask anyways lol.
I don't time travel though, so I'll just wait until next year (sigh... I gotta wait until next summer for a couple fish anyways)

I was kind of wondering why you posted that and then vanished, lol. Oh well, it happens.
I don't...
I don't know why I'm not getting alerts for only this thread.
Neither of you two are on my ignore list and I haven't ignored the thread either, but I haven't gotten any alerts for you two replying to me. Actually, I think I might've figured it out?

Oct 28, 2017
That just felt like a wayy taller order, lol.
If you play at night and have 2.0, there's always a chance you can get sent to the Summer variant Kapp'n Island. The one that has a chance to spawn Giraffe Stags has loads of coconut palms and blue shells on the beach.

If you have Nintendo Switch Online and a friend with a Southern Hemisphere Island, you can visit them at night to hunt for it in January and February.

Good luck, I still don't have this model either. I think I've caught a whopping two Giraffe Stags so far in the last three summers, and the first one went to Blathers (of course).

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
If you play at night and have 2.0, there's always a chance you can get sent to the Summer variant Kapp'n Island. The one that has a chance to spawn Giraffe Stags has loads of coconut palms and blue shells on the beach.

If you have Nintendo Switch Online and a friend with a Southern Hemisphere Island, you can visit them at night to hunt for it in January and February.

Good luck, I still don't have this model either. I think I've caught a whopping two Giraffe Stags so far in the last three summers, and the first one went to Blathers (of course).
Ah! Good point!

I typically go to Kapp'n island every morning when I do my dailies, but going at night would make more sense just in case I went to a summer island (I just hit a winter island a few days ago and used that to easily farm ants with the rotten turnips in my pocket, lol).

GEBFoLy.gif

I still need like [checks notes] 38 more models to finish, but I already have all the bugs stocked for their modeling careers. The longest part is waiting for Flick to visit.
I'm gonna have to make this area larger, and move that house.

Ooh! I just had the thought of putting them all on those museum pedestals, lol (duh!). That's going to take a while since you can only place 5 orders at a time...

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been quite busying with my island there past few weeks. I removed all the regular flowers from my island (and breaking a lot of gold shovels in the process) and left only hybrids. Hoping the rainy weather stays to a minimum. Pretty much done getting all the bug models from Flick (with the exception of scorpion and tarantula because fuck trying to catch three of those each), so I'm settling on getting a few dupes of the 'grand' models. I'm not quite done getting all the fish models from C.J. I have a few that are ready to be commissioned. I just need to catch one more Giant Trevally (hoping to get this done tomorrow) and two Napoleonfish (hoping to visit a Southern Hemisphere island in Jan/Feb to get this done) and I'll all be set with all the fish species.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
(with the exception of scorpion and tarantula because fuck trying to catch three of those each)
They're so easy to catch in this game though. They only attack if you have your net out and once you get your net out, you can hold the button down and creep toward them. They'll take on an aggressive stance and attack if you keep moving forward, but if you stop and wait a second, they relax and you can step a bit closer. Repeat until you're the correct distance to drop the net.

Getting three of the rare beetles that fly off the instant you make the tiniest noise is a lot worse I think.