• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

New seasonal events, Reactions, hairstyles, save data transfer, and more! Get ready to celebrate the heartwarming holiday festivities with the free Winter update, coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons on November 19!
iBT8BSu.png

T9CvpwN.png

10qEch4.png

fLs6kDF.png

Iz1yYdJ.png

w519K6X.png

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
More storage and finally save transfers without contacting Nintendo. It's a miracle

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Was hoping this would be the update where we got Brewster but I suppose we'll have to wait until January to see if he appears there...

Christmas is Animal Crossing is the best though so I can't be too mad.

May 5, 2018
This might get me back into playing Animal Crossing again. Or at least do the activities for Turkey Day. Gotta cook those dishes for my boy Franklin.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Give us Brewster, Nintendo! PLEASE.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
What big features are people expecting/asking for just out of curiosity?
I guess the ones that stick out the most would be the mini-games you did on Island Tours in New Leaf, Brewster and the coffee shop and the Nintendo-themed items. I'd love to see something similar to the Happy Homes Showcase from NL brought back as well

Some people like gyroids as well but I don't mind if they don't come back.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Oh no. I was hoping Brewster would come as part of this update... please bring him in the January update...

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Where my Gyroids at man

Edit: It's funny that this is the Winter Update when Winter was what made me stop playing the game 4 months ago. Fucking white everywhere, all the time. I can never get past Winter on my first year of AC, unless it's released around that time.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Still no big feature coming. Very disappointed honestly.
I'd say it's clear that major support has been winding down for a while

I think at best we'll see Brewster added alongside the festivale stuff added in late January, then the Mario furniture in a final content patch in March

after that we'll get stability patches and maybe the occasional crossover item like the Ring-fit ring

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holidays look nice as expected, the Christmas items look particularly great, and the extra storage and hairstyles are great little additions. Shame there still isn't anything more substantial to these updates, the game badly needs more meat on its bones.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
hopefully we'll get Brewster and gyroids alongside

at this point I'm not counting on it or anything though

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017

I think at best we'll see Brewster added alongside the festivale stuff added in late January, then the Mario furniture in a final content patch in March

after that we'll get stability patches and maybe the occasional crossover item like the Ring-fit ring
Current day Nintendo won't drop their biggest seller like that, they'll milk this for years to come.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
My girlfriend got so happy about two things:
You can now sit
The expanded storage

She's not a gamer at all, but she's spent 200+ hours in ACNH since June, and absolutely loves it to this day. Each time a short animal crossing update rolls out she acts like me when its E3. It makes me happy :)

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City

I wouldn't rule out a big expansion like ACNL Welcome Amiibo later down the line.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Pleaaaase give me more options to get seasonal recipes then balloons and sometimes a villager who us crafting. Give me something I can actively work towards...

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Holidays look nice as expected, the Christmas items look particularly great, and the extra storage and hairstyles are great little additions. Shame there still isn't anything more substantial to these updates, the game badly needs more meat on its bones.
New Horizons will go down in AC history as the incredibly anemic one that was so cool nobody really cared lmao

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
My girlfriend got so happy about two things:
You can now sit
The expanded storage

She's not a gamer at all, but she's spent 200+ hours in ACNH since June, and absolutely loves it to this day. Each time a short animal crossing update rolls out she acts like me when its E3. It makes me happy :)
Hah, they're the exact same things that made my wife cheer the most as well. Sitting down on the floor with your villagers is a game changer.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The new hairstyles and reactions are cool but I was really hoping we'd have Brewster back by now : (

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Fairly weak post launch in the recent months (and in general). Which is a shame considering how massive the game is, and all the content that they have yet to bring back from the 3ds game.

Portalbox

Oct 25, 2017

nintendowire.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons developers suggest content updates for two, three years

According to Animal Crossing: New Horizons' head developers, the game could have a plan in place for content updates for the next two to three years.

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
Update looks lovely. I personally am not too worried with the pace and amount of content. We're getting mario themed items early next year (march or April if I recall). I'm confident Brewster will be coming in 2021 (I suspect spring or summer update).

Beyond that, what's really majorly missing? I don't really feel AC:NH is lacking in content.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a great update. Storage upgrade is a big deal to me. And I'm sure I'll still fill it up. I love the additional reactions and hairstyles coming. And Turkey Day and Toy Day look to be as good as Halloween, which was excellent.

I've put 680 hours into ACNH, playing it every day since launch, and that doesn't look to be stopping anytime soon. I hope the support continues. I can't imagine they'll stop for a while because this game continues to sell. There seems to be plenty to add beyond that January tease.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
So excited for Toy Day. Going to start putting the holly bushes out soon on my island. Cannot wait to take a picture of my character taking a picture.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Ahh I love Christmas in AC!

Of course, on top of this we'll have the snowman making too, which is just already in the game. There are like three winter sets to get: Snowman, snowflake, and ornamental.