• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Halloween stuff!

- Halloween related items
- Buy candy to pass out Halloween night
- Farm pumpkins for new DIY recipes
- New skin tones and eye colors
- New "Haunt" reaction
- Use NookLink to quickly use reactions (early October)
- Next free update: Late November (Thanksgiving / Christmas)

Last edited:

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Give me those fall aesthetics in games. I think I'm going to jump back in.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pumpkin farming seems like the kinda thing this game needed more of. Or maybe I want it to be too much like Stardew Valley.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Haven't gone back to the game after stopping a few weeks after launch. I'm afraid my villagers are gonna be... unhappy. Maybe it's time to fire it up soon.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Nice! My wife stopped playing this month, but she's been excited for the Fall Update. I've still been logging on daily, but I'm ready for some new things 🙌

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
The farming bit was unexpected but I love it! A lot better than waiting for summer shells or shaking trees a million times just to get 1 or 2 acorns/pine cones lol

Edit: And by unexpected I meant by how you get the seasonal material this time around

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pumpkin farming seems nice though a little disappointing it seems to only be for pumpkins, at least for now. Bit of a shame all of this stuff is seasonal and the Nook Link stuff is the only year-round addition.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Love it.

(Still waiting for the return of Starbucks to my island. ._. Please, Nintendo, give me my coffee to go cups and random villager coffee preferences!!)

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
Good to finally see this. I am a bit disappointed with how updates for this game have slowed down. This one took two months, and the next one isn't out until late November. (Nintendo defense squad: activate!)

Last edited:

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
Who's the chef at the end of the trailer?
That's Franklin, the Harvest Festival npc! In New Leaf he would ask for certain ingredients (I think just fruit) to make dishes and would give you a piece of Harvest Series furniture. I imagine they will be doing more with him this time around after the introduction of gardening!

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Oooo nice good update its been 1 month since a didnt play the game i was busy playing ni no kuni

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. I love the idea of growing pumpkins - let's hope it's a sign of more to come. The DIY recipes, customization options and emotes all look on point for Halloween. Can't wait decorate my island! Next update late November, so another two months. I'm still holding out hope for Brewster, the coffee shop, gyroids, shop upgrades.. but it looks more and more like next year.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Wooo the first bit of the new farming system, cool. Guessing the rest will come with the second update in November.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Super excited, it's been put in the back burner for this month but ready to jump in fully again

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Very cool looking update! Excited for the Amiibo Cards to make a return as well. I'm feeling inspired to spookify my island once the update drops.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
This game is gonna sell so much (more) this Holiday. Nintendo gonna count those phat ass stacks of money!

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool but it's Spring down here so the spooky atmosphere won't really jive. I mean, one day after this update I'll be with cherry blossoms lol.

Also the game needs more base game updates before so much seasonal stuff. Still no new "plain" furniture and Nooks hasn't upgraded in 5 months.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Looks cool but it's Spring down here so the spooky atmosphere won't really jive. I mean, one day after this update I'll be with cherry blossoms lol.

Also the game needs more base game updates before so much seasonal stuff. Still no new "plain" furniture and Nooks hasn't upgraded in 5 months.
It feels like they're trying to make their deadlines on basic seasonal updates at this point, due to covid delays, but you're right. I wish there were far more updates to daily life stuff instead.

Darth_Kramer

Aug 17, 2020
Maybe this is being too optimistic but it seems like pumpkins are just laying the groundwork for more farming. I imagine they want to keep this game going for people for a long time so I wouldn't be surprised if expanded farming became a thing in like the spring