• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if gyroids were completely redone to where there's no longer a series and its just one for each but more varieties. I noticed all the ones showcased fit on tables.

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
Damn. ACNH going out with a bang with all of these features and the DLC releasing all at once. Well played Nintendo.

I really love the new gyroid designs. Their small size lets them fit in with a whole lot more room arrangements. Like they're fun little toys or collectibles. Makes me want to actually collect them all.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Finally got to watch this, it looks really good.
At least sleek furniture is confirmed returning, but it's too late to fix Eugine's awful house. I guess the DLC can be used to fix it..

Do we have a list of characters for the new Amiibo card pack yet? I'm a little confused seeing people sad some characters still didn't get in, but the video just seemed to show a few off, not the whole set right?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got to watch this, it looks really good.
At least sleek furniture is confirmed returning, but it's too late to fix Eugine's awful house. I guess the DLC can be used to fix it..

Do we have a list of characters for the new Amiibo card pack yet? I'm a little confused seeing people sad some characters still didn't get in, but the video just seemed to show a few off, not the whole set right?

These are all the brand new, and newly returning characters… (Plus Niko and Wardell)

6SaxN5y.png

The rest of the cards are all special NPCs, as confirmed on the Japanese website. We still don't know if the crossover villagers from non-AC amiibos will also be added.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
These are all the brand new, and newly returning characters… (Plus Niko and Wardell)

6SaxN5y.png

The rest of the cards are all special NPCs, as confirmed on the Japanese website. We still don't know if the crossover villagers from non-AC amiibos will also be added.
Damn that sucks, I thought series 5 would at least be 100 cards like the other series. I wanted Meow back.
At least Cephalobot and Shino look alright.

Panquequera

Feb 8, 2021
This was amazing! I'm so excited for November. I would love for a small update on the design system so we can design clothes with like double layers (like an open jacket or an open hoodie).

Question, does the no more updates paid or free means that we aren't even going to get small updates like "5 new hairstyles" "5 new emotes", etc.? Like it's all done? Because in the direct it said no more MAYOR updates so i wonder if they are still going to add stuff just in a smaller scale.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Damn that sucks, I thought series 5 would at least be 100 cards like the other series. I wanted Meow back.
At least Cephalobot and Shino look alright.
I was hoping for Meow too, among others.

Looking at them all together, and including the initial eight new villagers from the base release, it's only been one new/returning animal from each species, but there's no new Chicken, Duck, Pig, Frog, Hippo, Cow, Bull, Lion, Tiger, Gorilla, or Kangaroo. They could have at least introduced one from every available species.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I'm so excited that I'm tempted to jump back onto my island *right now* & start moving things around but... I'm going to try to wait. Super excited about this DLC.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
In the datamine last year there was more stuff that wasn't shown today, like exposition rooms for the Museum (and building graphical change) and of course shop upgrades so I hope that wasn't scrapped.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
In the datamine last year there was more stuff that wasn't shown today, like exposition rooms for the Museum (and building graphical change) and of course shop upgrades so I hope that wasn't scrapped.
I wouldn't count on anything that big since they would probably have outright announced it but there is bound to be plenty of stuff we didn't see in the Direct.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Holding out hope they let us move resident services and just didn't announce it in the trailer, else I'm dropping a nuke on my island.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Quick search about datamine from last year and I found this : https://animalcrossingworld.com/202...xciting-features-returning-characters-coming/
So yeah Museum Shop (rooms where you put various stuff like New Leaf) and Cranny upgrades where definitely planned, so once again I'm crossing fingers it's indeed happening in this update and wanted to keep the surprise.
It even got cooking and gyroids right.
Wasn't it confirmed we won't get more large updates for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and only getting small updates? Those you listed sound like big updates.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it confirmed we won't get more large updates for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and only getting small updates? Those you listed sound like big updates.
Yeah, but this stuff is presumable what was worked on for this Nov 5 update.
Notice how everything else in the article already came or will be with the upcoming update, so maybe (hopefully) they purposely hided this stuff in the Direct.

So I'll stay optimistic for now.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
It's up for debate what they mean by major update. Given that this is 2.0, they could think of this as the only major update so far, and we could still get 2.1 or 2.2 with more Nintendo items/villagers and other minor upgrades. Though obviously it's best to not get your hopes up for anything beyond this update.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played since last summer, so I think a lot of the nuances and/or importance of some of these additions and changes were lost on me. The DLC looks great though. That's kinda what I wish I could do on my own island without having to go through all the busywork/maintenance.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Quick search about datamine from last year and I found this : https://animalcrossingworld.com/202...xciting-features-returning-characters-coming/
So yeah Museum Shop (rooms where you put various stuff like New Leaf) and Cranny upgrades where definitely planned, so once again I'm crossing fingers it's indeed happening in this update and wanted to keep the surprise.
It even got cooking and gyroids right.
Yeah, I hope this stuff is still in and they just didn't cover it. It's not like they showed literally everything, after all, at minimum there's going to be meals we didn't see and probably a few crops and whatever else. I'd be sad if the store never gets any "fancier" than the sort of cheapish general store it is now.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just watched this and blown away. Everything looks amazing, cannot wait for November 5th!

Tailesque

Sep 28, 2021
Chicago
The return of Gyroids is such a monkey's paw situation. All the big and tall and weird Gyroids are dead, replaced by smaller, twee ones. I get it; they're easier to fit into a room now and better suit the general handmade aesthetic in NH. But... it's sad.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Has there been any actual confirmation on whether you have to buy the DLC multiple times for all island residents?

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
It wouldn't, but I don't put it past Nintendo
If something is purchased on a Nintendo Switch console, any user on that console can access the content. Why would this be any different? That said, if one account has access to the DLC through the NSO expansion pack rather than purchasing it and another account on the console doesn't have the sub, I expect they would not be able to access the archipelago. So if you're getting it through NSO, you should probably have every island resident on the same family plan.

herbchamberz

Oct 27, 2017
Very hyped, i think have successfully brought me back in for another 50-100 hours or so. Though, they just really need to turn this into ACaaS. Keep the updates coming.

Oct 25, 2017
I just started a new island and my wife just got back into her island after she put in 300ish hours. She's insanely stoked. Seems like a great update.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I can't believe they're adding all this for free but didn't touch the one thing I thought was a given in bulk crafting.

Honestly, having to tediously craft things like bait one at a time was the entire reason I stopped playing and uninstalled the game, and it's lack of inclusion here is probably why I won't bother reinstalling.

I get that COVID probably impacted the development of this update but a year and a half without any major gameplay updates was a long stretch to go. I feel like some of these features would have been better to piecemeal out over the last 18 months so there was SOMETHING keeping players like me interested.

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more wondering if I need to switch to a family plan if my wife wants to play the paid DLC, because I was going to get it through the expansion pack. We play on the same switch, but since we aren't on a family plan, would my wife be able to play?

The cost difference is negligible to me between expansion pack for single + purchasing DLC and just upgrading to a family plan for two. Maybe I'll just wait and see; it can't be that hard to convert from single to family

Last edited:

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
If something is purchased on a Nintendo Switch console, any user on that console can access the content. Why would this be any different? That said, if one account has access to the DLC through the NSO expansion pack rather than purchasing it and another account on the console doesn't have the sub, I expect they would not be able to access the archipelago. So if you're getting it through NSO, you should probably have every island resident on the same family plan.

I'm buying it outright, no way in hell am I wasting my money when I already hate the normal NSO

Oct 25, 2017
Also… the way the DLC does the landscaping etc with a. Birds eye view

… that isn't gonna work on your own island, is it?

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
Everything looks amazing, a much bigger expansion than i even imagined, just so many things. I was hoping for QoL updates but they didn't mention those (other than outside storage access i guess?). They're adding so much stuff that umm... i hope they've optimized the game because even with the version we've had since day 1 my island lags in certain areas, and there's pop in too yikes. Fingers crossed.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also… the way the DLC does the landscaping etc with a. Birds eye view

… that isn't gonna work on your own island, is it?
Not a chance. The resort yards are basically just another room, adding such a feature to the island would require a lot of extra work and would make the game's performance issues much more problematic

JDizza

Oct 10, 2021
Just got a Switch this week and have been hooked catching up on Mario Odyssey and BotW. This is my first Nintendo console since the Wii and boy am I glad to be back.

That said, Animal Crossing has been really calling me with all the upcoming holidays! Should I just wait for these final updates to drop before jumping in fresh or is the current game solid enough to jump into now?

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of cool stuff here, but frustrating that more of this wasn't compartmentalized into smaller updates and doled out over the last months and months and months.

Instead a mega update and likely no more.

For the free DLC, the food stuff is the most notable addition, but sadly a lot of the rest feels like the same sort of thing that we've had from previous games, but just re-arranged in a different context.

I'd love to see Nintendo treat this more as a platform with constant updates, but they simply do not seem interested.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Muffy the time has come

We're finally going to get you your true goth girl life

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

I really hope stuff like this is in the patch as surprise and they just didn't cover it, like other said.
They also only slightly teased and didn't cover at all that you can unlock the Happy Home Design mechanics for your neighbors on your island and how that works.

But if the datamined things aren't here as surprise then they're definitely scrapped, cause besides small bugfix patches, this is basically it and content support basically ends November 5th.

Tailesque

Sep 28, 2021
Chicago
Just got a Switch this week and have been hooked catching up on Mario Odyssey and BotW. This is my first Nintendo console since the Wii and boy am I glad to be back.

That said, Animal Crossing has been really calling me with all the upcoming holidays! Should I just wait for these final updates to drop before jumping in fresh or is the current game solid enough to jump into now?

A lot of the content outlined in the 2.0 update is stuff you likely won't be bothering with if you're just starting out. It takes at least a week, and realistically longer than that for your island to get fully "going". There are a lot of things to sort out in the early game. You'd definitely be able to jump in right now and wouldn't be starved for content. Up to you really.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Start now, you will need months already to catch up with everything and expand and learn and unlock everything (if you're not changing your dates and times), so go for it if you want to have at least a house and a real shop before the DLC and patch comes out. 😅😅😅