• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dimelo

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
MIA
At the party she checked her bag/belongings. At no point did I ever take her phone or purse or deny her access to them. In fact she posted photos to her Twitter of her with other people throughout the night.

If he can prove this then it blows a hole in her story right?...🤔

Have more people come forward? Genuinely curious.

If what she's saying is true, I think it's just a matter of time until more people come forward with similar stories (as is usually the case).

Not to my knowledge, but the behaviors described by the accuser doesn't sound like it would be a one time thing.

If it's true there's gotta be more women out there who had similar experiences.

Last edited:

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a lawyer. Although I don't practice in the tort of defamation, him going to a lawyer is not evidence of his liability/guilt or his innocence. For example, if someone was defaming me in some way, I would also seek legal advice and ask to send a demand letter to the person responsible. I would not immediately sue the person because it is very expensive to go to court, and often times a demand letter can result in a settlement and a release.

This is all to say that going to a lawyer is not indicative of anything. NOTE: I'm not denying or devaluing this person's claim, I am simply confirming why seeking legal advice shouldn't be used as a indication of guilt.

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
This.
If you accuse me of being me a sexual predator when I'm not, you can be sure your ass will get sued.
No weak C&D, I'm taking you to court no matter what

Yeah, I think perhaps that could work if no one knows who you are, but if he did that in this instance people would crucify him for bullying her or suppressing her or something similar.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
What is garbage about that?

Well he's a garbage human being for other reasons that are less serious than a claim like this, but I don't see why anyone would willingly subject themselves to a frothing mob like his followers to lie about such a serious topic. It just doesn't make any logical sense.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
This.
If you accuse me of being me a sexual predator when I'm not, you can be sure your ass will get sued.
No weak C&D, I'm taking you to court no matter what
You could do that but lawyers will always recommend you handle things out of court before taking things to court. It's why nintendo sends c&ds instead of immediately sueing people when they make fan games. it's standard legal practice.

since angryjoe lawyered up i guessing this whole thing was written by lawyers and his actions are directed by them as well.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
For people saying it should go to court what evidence are you expecting someone be able to provide of sexual harassment and predatory behaviour a couple of years prior? We know from the Ubisoft case alone predators can be cunning in their methods to eliminate any potential angle of proof. Coupled with the data on how often people are prosecuted around rape, let-alone verbal harassment, and what real avenues do victims have? Especially when faced with the might of a legal team backed by Joe's resources and his ardent and active fan base.

It's easy to say we should defer to a court but neither the parties involved nor the system they're within are weighted equally.

Last edited:

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not buying this refutation. His whole three sentences about what happened in his hotel room don't contradict what she said.

"We all traveled together to the hotel where she chose to wait while I showered and got ready for the dinner." Why is he so vague about whether she was waiting in his room or not? That's a pretty critical part of her story. If that wasn't true, you'd think he clarify that. But he knows that even that is crossing the line, so he brushed over that detail.

"At no point did anything improper happen. I never offered or suggested sex." That doesn't contradict her claim, which is that he asked if she wanted to take a shower with him, and she refused.

I also dislike the whole attitude of, "She is an adult. She could have left at any time."

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

You cannot collect "receipts" and go to court. Assuming they even make it to discovery, it is a much more complex process than that. Most attorneys worth their salt would recommend a C&D letter before proceeding with a lawsuit. Yes it is true that a C&D is a scare tactic but it is also a practical tool.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
If he can prove this than it blows a hole in her story right?...🤔

Well thats what the cease and desist is about, without legal representation she'll probably be too scared to respond to his version of events

and looking at angry joe latest video, its almost entirely "we support you" and more victim blaming from comments

I'd be surprised if he lost any substantial amount of subscribers over this at all, a rounding error on 3.24 million subs means...its likely not changed at all nor will it if someone else doesnt come forward (preferably someone who can afford a lawyer)

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Frankly none of us know anything about what happened, and we are all going to say guilty or not guilty based on whether we previously liked him or not. This should be settled in court.
This is some bs. False accusations are incredibly rare. Courts are notorious for siding with abusers as well and shaming victims.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... the lawyer thins is not too out there since he is a public figure and this could affect his revenue. Even the case of Justin Beaver ended with him saying he was going to involve his attorneys and authorities after he posted receipts.

His account does align with what she said and he says she posted pics of them in that even so that should be easy to prove no?

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
When exactly would it be okay to get a lawyer involved then? How is someone scummy for taking legal action?

I actually edited that part out. At first it felt like he was perhaps trying to strong-arm and silence her from his position of power. However, if he seriously believes this is slander, then I suppose it is his right to get a lawyer involved.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Hey you don't need to condemn Joe at all costs, but could you people maybe not fall for this kind of "Oh he's being so measured/level headed/reasonable" shit? There's no actual value in reacting camly if what he's saying is still so dismissive and still contributes to silence women.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Wow he completely misrepresents her story in his denial. And by that I mean he isn't saying the story isn't true, he's mixing up parts of the story then denying his own fabricated changes.

Me: Angry Joe stabbed me last night.
AJ: I never once stabbed you tonight! You made that up!
Me: Angry Joe tried to kiss me in the pool.
AJ: Not once did I try to hug you in the hot tub!

What a piece of shit.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
The replies in here are basically "believe women (until the dude says he did nothing wrong and then well, I guess he's all good)"

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope justice is served, which ever side that lands on. Will be interesting to follow this.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I'm not buying this refutation. His whole three sentences about what happened in his hotel room don't contradict what she said.

"We all traveled together to the hotel where she chose to wait while I showered and got ready for the dinner." Why is he so vague about whether she was waiting in his room or not? That's a pretty critical part of her story. If that wasn't true, you'd think he clarify that. But he knows that even that is crossing the line, so he brushed over that detail.

"At no point did anything improper happen. I never offered or suggested sex." That doesn't contradict her claim, which is that he asked if she wanted to take a shower with him, and she refused.

I also dislike the whole attitude of, "She is an adult. She could have left at any time."
His part of the story doesn't make sense though.

Meets some random YouTuber and a convention, she says she would like to talk with him again. Invites her to his panel, she goes, and then he suddenly invites her to an awkward dinner with YouTube managers then invites her to a party.

Is this just something he normally does? Is he known for just taking random YouTubers and then just dragging them around all day? If he does that's cool, but everything I have seen of him, that absolutely doesn't seem to be that kind of guy.

So what reasons did he have left? As with most stories, the truth falls somewhere in the middle. Which still makes him a creep.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you, I've been thinking the same thing. You're damned if you defend yourself and you're if you dont.
Why would you need lawyers to send C&D letters when the other party has zero proof? If they truly believe victims of sexual assault then they must know how harmful legal action is to holding predators, rapists, etc accountable because courts and other legal avenues tend to side with the abusers. All lawyers do is, "Shut up, or we'll make your life hell". And what is the victim's recourse unless they have a lot of money too? They'll lose because they cannot prove their accounts. Lawyers are an easy way to swing the law at victims to silence them from speaking their truths.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Sadly, the only thing that can corroborates her allegation is if another victim step forward. I have no doubt shit like this is not a one time thing, they just always managed to get away with it.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
You cannot collect "receipts" and go to court. Assuming they even make it to discovery, it is a much more complex process than that. Most attorneys worth their salt would recommend a C&D letter before proceeding with a lawsuit. Yes it is true that a C&D is a scare tactic but it is also a practical tool.

You can take anyone to court for what you believe to be a defamatory statement (something that causes harm to you, whether financial or otherwise) and it'd be up to you to disprove the statement made against you. In this case, he's mentioned factual inaccuracies which are easy to prove/disprove alongside apparent witnesses to the claims against him

Whether he would win or not isn't what I'm arguing, I'm saying that he seems to be absolutely certain of his innocence, and that the C&D is being used as a tool to push her down... which you agree is commonly done.

Just don't see how it doesn't look like he's bullying her down with a C&D instead of having the conviction to go straight to court

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
What stands out to me is that he more or less confirms her timeline of events, but denies doing anything inappropriate at every step. If she was making everything up there should be much more of a discrepancy.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
User Banned (2 weeks): dismissive commentary
This is shit, honestly.

I don't believe anyone, who knows who is telling the truth, but one thing is true, accusations over internet are becoming a weapon to destroy people lives, no matter if they are true or not

And it's scary.

(Im not siding with anyone, if the case is true then im glad it came out to light, im just really worried about the current situation, nothing can be believed)

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Where did she mention he assaulted her though?
medium.com

My interaction with AngryJoe

I’ve been holding exactly who this was in for over two years now but after seeing other women come forward about other streamers. I…

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Frankly none of us know anything about what happened, and we are all going to say guilty or not guilty based on whether we previously liked him or not. This should be settled in court.
I didn't not agree with you often but I agree here. I don't have enough info to judge one way or another and on top of that it isn't my place or authority. It should definitely be investigated but I am not the one to do it.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sadly, the only thing that can corroborates her allegation is if another victim step forward. I have no doubt shit like this is not a one time thing, they just always managed to get away with it.
Well according to her story Joe straight up said it wasn't a one time thing. And all the girls want is his connections apparently. So if that part of the story is accurate and he was telling her the truth there, there would absolutely be other women with similar stories.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
His part of the story doesn't make sense though.

Meets some random YouTuber and a convention, she says she would like to talk with him again. Invites her to his panel, she goes, and then he suddenly invites her to an awkward dinner with YouTube managers then invites her to a party.

Is this just something he normally does? Is he known for just taking random YouTubers and then just dragging them around all day? If he does that's cool, but everything I have seen of him, that absolutely doesn't seem to be that kind of guy.

So what reasons did he have left? As with most stories, the truth falls somewhere in the middle. Which still makes him a creep.
When you lay out the sequence of events that way there's very little question that the dude was trying to creep on her.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

hinestly I don't know and I previously liked him. But her account does seem to say it is some one acting in a way he can have deniability later (he doesn't go far enough to be blatent, most things are implied, and he can easily say she's just being over reactive) and his reply would be what I expect of some one who is that manipulative. That and just judging from what I see of him I could see him being that way (but, I don't know the man and can only judge from his show. Sure, it's a persona but actors still put a little of themselves in their roles and this is a personality he came up with himself to play).

In the end, I really don't know. But if she is not lying then he is a POS and this statement makes him even more of one cause he is very much trying to victimize her more by playing, "it's all in her head." And trying to make her look bad and maybe make her doubt herself. I know there is a word I want to use for that but I can't remember it right now.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
My blood is fucking boiling at that lawyer statement. His reply to it on his twitter even pretty much nudges his fanbase to go harass her more (by sharing her tweets about her saying she's taking a break, including the @ and all) and they're doing just that to her. And of course his youtube buddies like SomeOrdinaryGamers and his fans are all in support of him because of course they think he can do no wrong.

FFS. Victim blaming is unacceptable and that's exactly what he's doing. Fuck Joe, that statement just led me to believe her case even more. This behavior from him and his fanbase are EXACTLY why victims are scared to come out. Even when they have little to gain outside of warning others, they just get harassed to no end if it's a famous guy that has lots of power. It's really disgusting and I hope this doesn't end with her withdrawing her accusation due to the harassment Joe sent her way. He knows exactly what he's doing by including her tweets and @.