• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I am REALLY enjoying it.

They packed it with a bunch of content and great locations tbh.

Only problem is the story is literally non-existent. You're just jumping between random missions.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Coming to this right after Skill Up's review which was bursting with praise with very few negatives im not surprised at joe's score. Story being one of the worst aspects. Or like bullet sponge yellow bar enemies.

Seems like the concensus is we finally have a looter that is a finished product and definite improvement over the original even if its not a 10/10.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Yeha the story is trash tier and who cares about it. At least in divison 1 I kinda knew what was going on.

I think it lacks main missions compared to the first.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
All joking aside, why not? I get that people come to this to grind loot, but the first Destiny really had the framework of a decent story in it.

I keep playing Division 2 wishing that there was some sense of urgency or something really propelling the narrative.
Why you going to put time into story if the majority just want to hurry up to the next grind? People are on the loop

Shoot, reload, pick up gear, get a little bit stronger. See a team-mate using a weapon you want? The loop begins a new

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
The story blows but it's so wafer-thin I can easily ignore it and focus on the environmental storytelling/worldbuilding which is way better.

Anthem meanwhile has a shit story and forces you to sit through cinematics after every mission.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
About what I'd score it as well. It's fun in short bursts, I guess, but every mission so far is the exact same formula. That and the loot is pretty boring

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Why you going to put time into story if the majority just want to hurry up to the next grind? People are on the loop

Shoot, reload, pick up gear, get a little bit stronger. See a team-mate using a weapon you want? The loop begins a new
I guess I just don't get the point. Action without context just seems empty to me. I'm level 11 and I'm already bored. I think that the gunplay is amazing and the detail of the world is outstanding, but I keep wanting the missions to have the urgency of, say, Modern Warfare 2 or anything that gives this world more forward thrust and emotional hooks or structure.

Had the same fall off with Destiny.

Just before Division 2, I started playing Dying Light and although they're not the same type of game, I'm impressed by the atmosphere and narrative they put into what is essentially a crafting grind.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of prefer story telling of this kind in these kind of games (mmos and such). It makes it a lot easier to accept why the city is constantly on fire and such.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I do wish the story was better and that there was a bit more gameplay variety (maybe puzzles and such), but I'm having a good time with the game.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
End game seems like a mess, builds are fundamentally broken. Going to bail after finishing the "story". Been a fun time but don't need to play this forever.

I know that "why does he get his own thread "became a meme a long time ago, but seriously why are we still getting a new thread whenever he reviews a game? Is he a review God of some sort or is it because he has a lot of of people shilling for him? How come we don't get a new thread everytime when Easy Allies or somebody else reviews a game.
Put away your pitchforks people and don't attack me, I'm genuinely curious.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
He loved Borderlands so I don't think that's true. He just puts a lot of value into story and mission design.
well story in Div 2 is quite meh as it's done even worse than Div 1 but mission design wise it's quite ace. I don't think I've played a looter shooter with a more consistent mission design than this one and it's amazing how it changes in higher difficulty.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
Came in here to check for the inevitable "Why does Angry Joe get his own thread?" post.

Mission accomplished.

Yes I may be naive but I have a vision that one day people will stop asking this question.

Oct 27, 2017
I know that "why does he get his own thread "became a meme a long time ago, but seriously why are we still getting a new thread whenever he reviews a game? Is he a review God of some sort or is it because he has a lot of of people shilling for him? How come we don't get a new thread everytime when Easy Allies or somebody else reviews a game.
Put away your pitchforks people and don't attack me, I'm genuinely curious.
Joe is a cross between people like Dunkey and an indepth reviewer. His character and shtick makes him cross over into the other side.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The Angry Joe meme is incredible. I could understand back in the days on Neogaf when it was relatively new, but the the persistence of it is astonishing... Worth some study...

Yes I may be naive but I have a vision that one day people will stop asking this question.

200.gif

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
There are definitely little puzzles here and there during missions, usually leads to opening doors for more loot.

Yeah but I mean puzzles that are a bit more integrated into the story/main missions. Or perhaps parkour/platforming, or some vehicle missions, like Borderlands and Destiny offer. I'd even take TLOU ladder puzzles lol

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Wow...

Review was going pretty well until Del opened his mouth and had no idea what he was talking about.

Kind of surprised Joe has left it up honestly.

Sillution

Oct 25, 2017
So far im enjoying this game more then I thought I would and the music soundtrack is really good. Quite surprised how it fits really well into the game.