• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Abby is literally modeled after a crossfit pro, colleen fotsch

yr26wic7a8411.png

colleen-fotsch-finis-faster-swimming-finis-video.jpg

Ebz7WmRUcAIdy1t

Abby is absolutely jacked, its great, i dont know why people feel the need to diminish it to defend it. this same game has a ratking fusion of several infected chasing after people
I know. I'd never actually argue that Abby isn't jacked.

My post speaks more about the people arguing that Abby's physique makes no sense. Now they're getting into pedantic definitions of what being jacked means.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Well good to know mods will discuss a ban of AJ... It's not even just statements he makes in his videos, but also some of the comments he likes in his section.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They did comment earlier on in the thread, the power to ban him requires more than just the mods and they are going to have a staff meeting about it.

Though IMO that should have been done a long time ago. Hopefully this thread is the last bit of attention we ever give the guy

Here here, fuck Joe. No one at ERA should be giving him any attention, unless they are just as misguided.

He's not welcome here

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
People liking the game are the same as the people who decided to hate it before it released (and keep justifying their dislike with ridiculous arguments)? Another great take from you, it would seem.
Allow me simplify it for you, there are ppl who are negative from the beginning and refuse to open up and engage and they try to amplify anything they don't like and not appreciate any of the strong points.

the angry joe guy actually praises almost everything except the execution of story, characters and the writing.

anyway, There are also ppl who seem to worship ND and already it's a 10/10 before they touch the controller. Any weak points they already have a defence for it.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Stop giving this prick views, hated him before and hate him even more now. Not surprised there are stories of him harassing women coming out now. The guy is trash.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Concern trolling and whataboutism over multiple posts
Don't think every Angry Joe vid needs a thread and prob wouldn't care if he got banned but really dislike that kind of thing. I mean naughty dog themselves have been accused of many heinous things (crunch culture, attacking journalists as mentioned in the Jim Sterling vids) but it ok to praise the results of that effort?

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Allow me simplify it for you, there are ppl who are negative from the beginning and refuse to open up and engage and they try to amplify anything they don't like and not appreciate any of the strong points.

the angry joe guy actually praises almost everything except the execution of story, characters and the writing.

anyway, There are also ppl who seem to worship ND and already it's a 10/10 before they touch the controller. Any weak points they already have a defence for it.

Then there's the popcorn camp just watching all the drama.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think every Angry Joe vid needs a thread and prob wouldn't care if he got banned but really dislike that kind of thing. I mean naughty dog themselves have been accused of many heinous things (crunch culture, attacking journalists as mentioned in the Jim Sterling vids) but it ok to praise the results of that effort?
Two fundamental differences between Joe and Naughty Dog is that Naughty Dog is not an individual person who is sellling themselves as a personality, and that Naughty Dog's product is not simply their individual (and questionable) viewpoints.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

I think one group is FAR larger than the other. Every game with hype will have people who are ready to love it, but I sincerely doubt TLOU2 has any more people like that than any other big release.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
TLOU2 is an odd one. It's like people went in predetermined to dislike it for predetermined reasons, and then tried to find anything they could that confirmed those predetermined reasons, no matter how weak the reasoning. So we get these really shit takes that with just the tiniest amount of thought you can see are bollocks, but they spread like wildfire because people want them to be true. It's weird.

Agreed

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are people really saying that it is impossible for abby to become a Greek god of rippness? especially from coming to the people who looks like they never been to like a gym.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was recommend a compilation video of "streamers reacting to last of us 2" on YouTube and Angry Joe was in it. It was a bunch of people just screaming at their screen saying that the game was pandering to liberals, and:

There was a lot of vitriol towards playing as Abby, and over the fact that Ellie and Abby didn't kill each other, the ending of the game being the main offender for these people.

It was all in the tone of the video posted in the OP. The entire video I was pretty much like:

tenor.gif

Last edited:

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks alot for the spoiler you didn't tag......

I tagged the main spoiler, but I apologize if the first thing I mentioned was considered a spoiler, I figured it was fair game since it's the main controversy and the OP contained a big spoiler. I'll edit my post for others just in case. My bad.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Shitty human being creates shitty content, no surprises there. The only one to blame is ERA for giving attention and clicks to that imbecile.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going to add a screenshot from his review as well.

Besides potential spoilers, also potentially NSFW.

joe5zjbs.png
Owen doesn't even fucking look like him. I'm convinced people hate that scene because Abby isn't conventionally attractive, so then they get grossed out when this scene happens. This is what it is.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Personal perspective story but people like Joe really do infect others mindsets on these sort of subjects, and not for the better.

A friend of mine and I stopped talking for over 2 years due to various issues but he recently got in contact to apologise and we have started talking again.

I got him back into games years ago and he was primarily a ps4 player. Since then however it seems he has moved more onto pc gaming which is no problem.

The problem however is that not only has he started spouting a lot of the typical anti console rhetoric but on the subject of Joe and TLOU2 he was agreeing a lot with him about some shitty stuff.

First it was my friend wearing a cool mask and when asked about it he said it was from Joe's online shop. I said that was a shame since he is scummy and asked if he had heard the accusations against him. He said he had and then went on some rant about the accusors story having more holes in it than the latest star wars film and how Joe was too milquetoast to do that stuff. I went back with a long post about why that's bullshit etc and that was that.

Then he posts Joe's TLOU2 2 review and I pointed out about the sexism and general terrible points made about the game in the video. He then came back with a long diatribe about how druckman is losing it and how all he seems to care about is saying men are bad in the game.

I was completely shocked at all of this so ended up having a big discussion with him about me being baffled about that opinion and why everything revolving around that and the points he made against the game were complete bullshit while still being civil.

This then lead onto him complaining about Anita sarkasian possibly influencing druckman into going for this anti man agenda and how Anita was a grifter.

To cut a long story short, I think I managed to turn him around on all of it, or at least he was accepting of all my points and started complaining about Joe and he appreciated my input since he feels I'm the most knowledgeable person he knows on social issues and he would go into some more of Anita's videos with an open mind so hopefully I nipped that in the bud.

But fucking hell, the amount of toxic bile that gets spread by people like Joe and others is truly terrible. I mean I knew this as some would have seen I'm always in the threads complaining about toxic youtubers but to come face to face with its effects is another thing entirely.

Edit - and for further perspective, I'm 35 and my friend is in his mid 40s so this isn't just some kid believing this bullshit either

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Owen doesn't even fucking look like him. I'm convinced people hate that scene because Abby isn't conventionally attractive, so then they get grossed out when this scene happens. This is what it is.
It isn't really explained in the video, but I think it's meant in juvenile a sense of "Neil Druckmann fucked this game over". Like, if you receive the penis you're a loser in the exchange sort of deal.

Oct 25, 2017
Guy has fallen throughout the years, always liked his friends better than him. I can't say he's right winged, but he's definitely someone who stirs up the pot to create conservatives and other type of shitty fandoms. OJ and Alex should just ditch this toxic manchild for their own business. His AJ army is made up of nothing but the lowest common denominator of video game fans. Then again, it's easy to attract those type when you do nothing but scream and yell about shit you hate. He's the Alex Jones of video games I dare say?

Not surprised he's a bit of a creep when there have been signs for a while.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Some guys feel insecure when they see a woman more jacked than them, even more so if the guy himself is unfit.
They'll go with "women don't have the same T levels" or "a woman would need steroids to get that jacked" argument, without understanding that you don't need super high T levels to have this kind of body mass, and its something that can be done even without steroids.
If anything I have way more respect for "jacked" women because their biology is actively working against building muscles, and they have to work twice as hard to gain half as visible muscle mass. Abby's mo-cap actor probably makes more T naturally through sheer strength training than Joe Vargas.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
My Partner (F) is more bulk than me, if she had time to exercise she would be jacked as hell. I have a fast metabolism and i need to take like 4 times the calorie intake just to gain muscle.

People that say that women can't build muscle are stupid

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Abby is literally modeled after a crossfit pro, colleen fotsch

yr26wic7a8411.png

colleen-fotsch-finis-faster-swimming-finis-video.jpg

Ebz7WmRUcAIdy1t

Abby is absolutely jacked, its great, i dont know why people feel the need to diminish it to defend it. this same game has a ratking fusion of several infected chasing after people
I was going to say that her physique immediately reminded my Tia-Clair Toomey, but I had no idea they modeled her directly after another CrossFit competitor. That makes complete sense, though.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think we should ban Joe but that was a pretty stupid thing to say. Even Alex was just like "ehhhhhh".
I understand disliking the story to this game but atleast try to open your mind to understand it as opposed to going into believing you'll hate it and making up stupid reasons to.
If Joe does get banned, I hope mods take a look again at SkillUp because they were banned for less and provide much better reviews.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It isn't really explained in the video, but I think it's meant in juvenile a sense of "Neil Druckmann fucked this game over". Like, if you receive the penis you're a loser in the exchange sort of deal.
Sure maybe but I'm talking more about his reaction. "Ewww gross I don't wanna see that. How weird!" Has he never watched anyone have sex in a movie before? I would bet money that if Abby was more conventionally attractive or looked like a model or something, he wouldn't have had that reaction.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
His review is shit. 48 minutes of puddle deep critic and shit humour, misunderstanding vital parts of narrative. Girlfriend Reviews made a more in depth, more entertaining review in under 10 minutes. If you think angryjoe does good reviews then you probably just have terrible taste.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
His review is shit. 48 minutes of puddle deep critic and shit humour, misunderstanding vital parts of narrative. Girlfriend Reviews made a more in depth, more entertaining review in under 10 minutes. If you think angryjoe does good reviews then you probably just have terrible taste.
He was seemed to be a poor man's version of AVGN to me.

Just another copy cat angry gamer channel.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Its hilarious. She isnt even ripped. You can get that body with just proteins
You can't get Abby's physique just by high protein consumption. Protein repairs broken down muscle and that breakdown happens during exercise. She has a thick back and upper chest, rounded shoulders, and some bulk to her arms while maintaining a lean waist. She can only get that through a consistent workout routine.

She is ripped and it's awesome.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Sure maybe but I'm talking more about his reaction. "Ewww gross I don't wanna see that. How weird!" Has he never watched anyone have sex in a movie before? I would bet money that if Abby was more conventionally attractive or looked like a model or something, he wouldn't have had that reaction.

Exactly, that why all the youtubers like Joe use that image as "eww" in their thumbnail. Look at this, ewwww.

Assholes.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
If anything I have way more respect for "jacked" women because their biology is actively working against building muscles, and they have to work twice as hard to gain half as visible muscle mass. Abby's mo-cap actor probably makes more T naturally through sheer strength training than Joe Vargas.
This is true.
People don't realise that eating habits and training can increase T levels and a woman who trains that way is probably going to produce more of it than potatoes like Joe.

zer0_X

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
youtube is the absolute dirt worst at doing anything at all about horrible human beings on their platform. second only to facebook. they're not gonna do shit. they don't care as long as they make money. all of pewdiepie's everything cemented this long ago and nothing has changed
yes, and that's horrible

what else can we do to try to raise awareness on this?

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
Personal perspective story but people like Joe really do infect others mindsets on these sort of subjects, and not for the better.

A friend of mine and I stopped talking for over 2 years due to various issues but he recently got in contact to apologise and we have started talking again.

I got him back into games years ago and he was primarily a ps4 player. Since then however it seems he has moved more onto pc gaming which is no problem.

The problem however is that not only has he started spouting a lot of the typical anti console rhetoric but on the subject of Joe and TLOU2 he was agreeing a lot with him about some shitty stuff.

First it was my friend wearing a cool mask and when asked about it he said it was from Joe's online shop. I said that was a shame since he is scummy and asked if he had heard the accusations against him. He said he had and then went on some rant about the accusors story having more holes in it than the latest star wars film and how Joe was too milquetoast to do that stuff. I went back with a long post about why that's bullshit etc and that was that.

Then he posts Joe's TLOU2 2 review and I pointed out about the sexism and general terrible points made about the game in the video. He then came back with a long diatribe about how druckman is losing it and how all he seems to care about is saying men are bad in the game.

I was completely shocked at all of this so ended up having a big discussion with him about me being baffled about that opinion and why everything revolving around that and the points he made against the game were complete bullshit while still being civil.

This then lead onto him complaining about Anita sarkasian possibly influencing druckman into going for this anti man agenda and how Anita was a grifter.

To cut a long story short, I think I managed to turn him around on all of it, or at least he was accepting of all my points and started complaining about Joe and he appreciated my input since he feels I'm the most knowledgeable person he knows on social issues and he would go into some more of Anita's videos with an open mind so hopefully I nipped that in the bud.

But fucking hell, the amount of toxic bile that gets spread by people like Joe and others is truly terrible. I mean I knew this as some would have seen I'm always in the threads complaining about toxic youtubers but to come face to face with its effects is another thing entirely.

Edit - and for further perspective, I'm 35 and my friend is in his mid 40s so this isn't just some kid believing this bullshit either

Idk how ppl have a take that this game has an agenda of making men look bad. There are good male characters in this story

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't forget during the controversy when he said a transphobic slur during the leaks.

Then Cyberpunk 2077 tweet about gender options, concern trolling.

This guy goes on these anti-"SJW" rants all the time ever since Battlefield 5. Same with The Last Jedi. This dude is just hateful.

How he reacted to school shootings with pro-gun propaganda.
www.resetera.com

Angry Joe defends AR-15s against those who want to "take guns from everyone"

Given that he is a large gaming personality whose content often gets his own threads, I think it's important to have a thread for this, as we do for other gaming personalities when they do or say something harmful even if not directly related to gaming. This is disingenuous propaganda that is...

And then the sexual harassment, now.
www.resetera.com

Angry Joe accused of sexual harassment/predatory behaviour [Updates from both posted]

https://medium.com/@WookieMonsterTV/my-interaction-with-angryjoe-d715aedb0e02 Much, much more at the link including screencaps of text conversations. Update: Joe Responds https://www.resetera.com/threads/angryjoe-responds-to-sexual-assault-allegations.234028/#post-37878064

I only watch his gaming stuff so I didn't know about all that other shit except the sexual harassment. Sad shit, won't be fucking with him anymore
Well there are those people but seems like everyone that doesn't like the game gets pushed into that category. Personally I fall more into the Jim Sterling reasoning but as you just showed can't seem to criticize the game without being lumped into that group of people, hence my comment. Prob better to stay out of discussions if you don't fall in line.
You are hilarious. You leave a no context comment in a thread about a reviewer being misogynist and transphobic and act people are mad because he didnt like the game. I actually liked Jim Sterlings review even though I don't agree with it at all. He at least gives multiple reasons AND denounces transphobia and misogyny in his review.

With your no context comment in this thread we know why you dont like the game, you should stay out of these threads because your mask might come off and you could get banned

Status
Not open for further replies.