• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
We've got debates running about how unrealistic it is for this one character who, going purely off of what I've read online because I don't own a PS4, enjoys bodybuilding to have visible muscles.

Meanwhile, I feel like I'm the only one who looked at Resident Evil 3 remake's Jill and wondering why a woman who had worked for a number of years in as a counterterrorism operative in an elite US military division the US military doesn't.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
The same way how Barett sticks out in a bad way in FF7R. Idk if you played it but he's the only buff dude with a gun on his arm while everyone else on the train is...normal. That was my problem with FF7R and Last of Us. That's what I really want to tell you. If you want to tell me something speak to me properly, thanks.
You fight a boss and enemies but like her or bigger than her though.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Have seen some of the review and I've reached the conclusion Joe is whining so damn much because he got spoiled on the game. It is a funny review but not for the reasons he thinks, and interesting meltdown to watch.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I actually really wish more games would give a fucking reason why some dude is buff. People aren't just born buff. How the hell did that guy get so swole? There's a story to be told there! (I'm not even joking!)
Who would have thought that the first ones the introduce innovations like this into the gaming world would be Dragonball Z games.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
He can criticize Abby design and other decisions by the developers and script writers all he wants, but throwing stuff like "The Last of Them", this goes beyond a simple game review.
On the other TLOU2 does not deserve to be heralded as the bastion for diversity either, especially via corporate marketing.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So what is his take? The OP doesn't describe the issue here and I don't want to click the spoiler. I kind of assume that it has to do with a female being muscular.

I looked up the character mentioned by others and she's barely any more muscular than Nadine from Uncharted 4? But maybe he had an issue with her as well?

The take involves a massive spoiler. If you dont want to be spoiled you need to play the game to understand it.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
I don't disagree with anything he said in this review in all honesty. I don't tend to disagree with many of his game reviews which is why I like them. His film review stuff sucks though.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
The same way how Barett sticks out in a bad way in FF7R. Idk if you played it but he's the only buff dude with a gun on his arm while everyone else on the train is...normal. That was my problem with FF7R and Last of Us. That's what I really want to tell you. If you want to tell me something speak to me properly, thanks.

Let me let fill you in on a little secret that might blow your mind :

If Tifa actually looked normal, she'd look exactly like Abby.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
That's like the one exception and appears at the end. Who else in the WLF looks like abby? They have a gym, where's all the other buff dudes and gals? When i had friends watching me play, super casual btw, everyone else pointed it. She sticks out....and not in a good way.
What's the narrative purpose, outside of realism? She was a person that was obsessive about revenge to the point that it destroyed her personal relationships. Her having an exaggerated muscular body type feeds that reading of her character.

If we're talking realism, there are countless other things that both games get "wrong"
Why is no one in Gotham as buff as Batman?

Wealthydave3 you should stop already.

She is Obsessive with revenge and doing it with HER OWN hands.

She worked hard on her training and her body to achieve that because it was her goal in life even if she had to leave behind her personal happiness.

Even in the flashbacks she is only thinking about the training and being ready for when the time comes.

You should maybe find some new friends and even they should also. In a game with such a deep story all you could see was a woman with a "exaggerated body".

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Tell us then, what does a jacked person look like and why can't they look like Abby ?

Better go tell Abby's body model she's highly unrealistic
MJ_20171130_Colleen+Fotsch+%2823+of+53%29.jpg
She is a professional cross fitter and on steroids. I don't understand what the point of this post is.

Wealthydave3

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Wealthydave3 you should stop already.

She is Obsessive with revenge and doing it with HER OWN hands.

She worked hard on her training and her body to achieve that because it was her goal in life even if she had to leave behind her personal happiness.

Even in the flashbacks she is only thinking about the training and being ready for when the time comes.

You should maybe find some new friends and even they should also. In a game with such a deep story all you could see was a woman with a "exaggerated body".
Funny enough, I actually like the story. I don't get those who say the story is bad because its actually pretty good. I have other complaints but the Abby being jacked is least of them.
Let me let fill you in on a little secret that might blow your mind :

If Tifa actually looked normal, she'd look exactly like Abby.
Stop this blasphemy! Tifa wishes she can choke out an infected with one arm.

Londolian

Jun 24, 2020
Why do people keep bringing up steroids/supplements as a counterpoint when we literally see supplements all over the place throughout the game?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Yeah I'm sure for you and the friends that watch you play games, seen Tifa (the one that punches the Air Buster) as a perfectly realistic representation how she would look in real life.

I really hope you just trolling at this point.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Sexism across a series of posts
What don't you understand ? The point is it's not that unrealistic for people who've dedicated their life to working out to look like Abby.
It´s unrealistic without steroids. You can sure look like her but let´s not pretend that Colleen Foster is natural. Abby would need steroids to look like she does as well, especially with only one burrito a day.

Utherellus

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
User banned (permanent): Defending misogyny, just came back from a ban for trolling, account in junior phase.
its sad to see how people are triggered af when it comes to tlou2

just stop it. stop defending the project.
stop desperate insults towards everyone who objectively criticizes this game.

You can't change the climate around the project. you can't possibly affect overall atmosphere. why bother?

Londolian

Jun 24, 2020
It´s unrealistic without steroids. You can sure look like her but let´s not pretend that Colleen Foster is natural. Abby would need steroids to look like she does as well, especially with only one burrito a day.
I've seen women of Abby's size from protein supplements alone, it's not as crazy as you're making it seem.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
She is a professional cross fitter and on steroids. I don't understand what the point of this post is.

The point is people keep saying Abby's body type is unrealistic even though she has had access to a gym for years as well as a good health regimen. It's not impossible for her to have access to supplements either. The constant doubting about it is tiring. And people like Angry Joe don't care about any of this, they hate her for a specific reason, and it isn't her body type.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Funny enough, I actually like the story. I don't get those who say the story is bad because its actually pretty good. I have other complaints but the Abby being jacked is least of them.

Stop this blasphemy! Tifa wishes she can choke out an infected with one arm.
Tifa can body-slam giant things. She should be huge, realistically, but people wouldn't like that.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

You can't change the climate around the project. you can't possibly affect overall atmosphere. why bother?

Need help with that Strawman?

Do you think his rant is objectively criticizing the game?

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France

lmao you're just back from your ban for trolling a TLOU sales thread and this is the first thing you have to say

FYI they're that poster who brought up the fake high return rate of the game using the pic of a shelf that had untouched copies of the game because of COVID restrictions

Tifa can body-slam giant things. She should be huge, realistically, but people wouldn't like that.

She has massive tits and a tiny, tiny waist though. That is acceptable, my friend.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is looking different from other characters a bad thing? Most people aren't jacked in real life, but some are. What's the big deal?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Also there's no way Abby ate one burrito per day. That what was on the menu for lunch. She seems to have access to more food, enough to cook and have a lot of dirty dishes in her room. Issac had fruit laying around.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep bringing up steroids/supplements as a counterpoint when we literally see supplements all over the place throughout the game?
Its quite literally how you level up. Want more health? Down these 50 random pills thar are 30 years old.

Its obvious why people are making a big todo about Abby, but ignore stuff that actually doesnt make sense.

Edit: Also why does this dude still get threads on era, guys stuff should be banned.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019

No one here is triggered.. we are just proving wrong someone who clearly is a misogynist.

We all knew that the game was going to be divisive because of the leaks and even the DLC of TLOU part 1 was already making this people freak out over things that they should not be.

This game brings discussion to the table and that's fine.. the problem is that sometimes people like Wealthydave or AngryJoe are clearly misogynists trying to convince other people that they are saying the truth.

There is not one reason in the world to say that Abby should not look like that.. is perfectly fine and even if they question that they should also question that about male characters.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Stop defending the project for what? Because people have fragile egos and can't handle women and LGBT in their precious games? Here's the thing. Almost none of this "objective criticism" is actually objective. They are arguing in bad faith and moving goalposts just because they can't handle the direction the story takes in this game. People like that should be called out.

And you might want to reconsider throwing the word triggered around like that.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
Then you are a pathetic misogynistic dumb dumb as well.
What on earth are you going on about? Hahaha.
A shit story is a shit story which is exactly what TLoU2 was imo and like Joe, I also feel it was very poorly executed considering the first game. That is just my opinion (yes, my opinion if I'm still allowed one).

Dunno why you're referring to me as misogynistic for having an opinion on a story. Guess it's just cool to be offended by everything these days :shrugs:

Londolian

Jun 24, 2020
Also there's no way Abby ate one burrito per day. That what was on the menu for lunch. She seems to have access to more food, enough to cook and have a lot of dirty dishes in her room. Issac had fruit laying around.
Man, the WLF have a literal farm of livestock and crops to feed a group of over a thousand. I bet Isaac was even giving her preferential treatment due to her being his #1 Scar killer.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Wanna back up that claim?
Steroids? Got any proof for that?
Female bodybuilders aren't necessarily big because they use roids . I imagine it would be an insult to them.
The human body has the most androgen receptors in the traps, upper chest and delts. If you take steroids these bodyparts grow the fastest and the most. She uses a mild steroid like anavar that doesn´t fuck up the female body too much and keeps her from getting too big. I used steroids for years I know what they make you look like. People who don´t lift and never took anything are very naive about what is achievable naturally.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What on earth are you going on about? Hahaha.
A shit story is a shit story which is exactly what TLoU2 was imo and like Joe, I also feel it was very poorly executed considering the first game. That is just my opinion (yes, my opinion if I'm still allowed one).

Dunno why you're referring to me as misogynistic for having an opinion on a story. Guess it's just cool to be offended by everything these days :shrugs:

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.