• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I never understood what is speaking of having these long reviews be it for granted or movies.

If you can't summaries your thoughts within 10 minutes mark you should stop reviewing things.

This reminds me summer one at old forum directed me towards San hour long video add to why I should hate bvs

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Its one thing to not grow as a reviewer, but it is another to regress as a human being.

Can't believe this guy was considered one of the good ones a while ago.....you really need a strong moral fibre to not become the thing you used to hate when you go into this whole youtube malarkey.

Oct 25, 2017
So I know it's seen as a meme, but no one ever actually answered and just accused the asker of thread whining, but why did he always get his own thread?

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
He should be banned out of support for the woman he was a dick to. He's done nothing to prove his innocence and has instead tried to silence a victim.

We can at least agree on that part...

He should be banned out of support for the woman he was a dick to. He's done nothing to prove his innocence and has instead tried to silence a victim. All this other stuff is nonsense. "He's not giving the story the attention it deserves". Fuck outta here with that shit.

His blatant chauvinism (which is the primary topic of this thread) is just bullshit? Okay, bruv. That is a great look.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I remember this guy making exciting and funny Fable 2 and Fallout 3 videos over a decade ago and I really enjoyed them. Now he's crying over a video game because it features women.

What a loser. Dude should take a good hard look in the mirror. He has the potential for great content, but this is the lamest shit ever.
Yeah, I never really followed him. But I remember watching a video with both him and Spoony in it. Feels like a millenia ago now.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
His blatant chauvinism is bullshit? Okay, bruv. That is a great look.

That's not what I said. I said there's a lot of "He's not even giving the game the attention it deserves". Who fucking gives a shit. He's already done more than enough to be banned, which I said outright. The 30 second clip is a piss-poor take that's definitely NOT representative of the thought processes that went into the gameplay and the story being told.

lmao I hate it here

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I never understood what is speaking of having these long reviews be it for granted or movies.

If you can't summaries your thoughts within 10 minutes mark you should stop reviewing things.

This reminds me summer one at old forum directed me towards San hour long video add to why I should hate bvs
It's like a double disc album. Rather than having an album with 10 cohesive tight tracks a lot of people wanna come out with the double disc.

Not everybody can be Biggie. Not everybody can give you 25 tracks that are all great and mean something.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
"Absolute drivel"

Proceeds to justify accusation with drivel

I think it's about time the mods just stop these individual reviewer threads. I'm sure people enjoy the Girlfriend Review videos but just as a blanket rule I think it's something that should have been enfored a long time ago. Even when Joe was less problematic.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
I remember this guy making exciting and funny Fable 2 and Fallout 3 videos over a decade ago and I really enjoyed them. Now he's crying over a video game because it features women.

What a loser. Dude should take a good hard look in the mirror. He has the potential for great content, but this is the lamest shit ever.

I feel the same way about YongYea. Pre and Post MGS V his content was great but after ME Andromeda his channel went straight into the ground.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
It's like a double disc album. Rather than having an album with 10 cohesive tight tracks a lot of people wanna come out with the double disc.

Not everybody can be Biggie. Not everybody can give you 25 tracks that are all great and mean something.

perfect i example is me currently watching SkillUp's hour+ long review of Disco Elysium. OT what a shame, I remember being happy a Latino had broken into the super white game reviews YouTube sphere

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
"Absolute drivel"

Proceeds to justify accusation with drivel

I think it's about time the mods just stop these individual reviewer threads. I'm sure people enjoy the Girlfriend Review videos but just as a blanket rule I think it's something that should have been enfored a long time ago. Even when Joe was less problematic.

Long form video reviews shouldn't just get tossed into a review thread. That was part of why Joe's reviews never got done that way. Plus, when you're a fan of a specific YTer, you might want to see that person's review even if you don't care about the game.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Longtime AJ fan here.

I hate to admit it, but I watched his review post-accusations.

What a shitty POV he has on this one. Now normally, I'm fine regarding people hating TLoU2 - but Joe clearly had a systemic bias and vitriol toward certain characters, simply by judging by the cover of their book. It's clear as day fro m the offset.

I'm moving on from this fucking guy.
You said everything I wanted to say. I already unsubscribed. There are other YouTubers worth my time.

Wealthydave3

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
User banned (permanent): sexism over a series of posts, account in junior phase
I do agree that abby being muscular makes no sense in the context of the game but Joe is just wrong on this. That review is an L

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

I remember getting into him because of his DmC review. He was so disappointed at the new direction but he still gave the game a fair shot and complemented its strengths fairly and in a way that just felt so excited about the good things in the game while also taking shots at the story and other elements he greatly disliked.

Wonder what happened to that guy

RigVertigo

Oct 31, 2017
Society has progressed past the need for angry video game streamers.

Joe made a frothing mad reaction video when the plot details leaked. Of course he wasn't gonna go into this game with an open mind.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I do agree that abby being muscular makes no sense in the context of the game but Joe is just wrong on this. That review is an L
Do you really need someone to explain to you how Abby, once feeling powerless seeing her dead father on the floor, made it her life's goal to exact revenge on Joel so she did nothing but train and build herself up as a living weapon so that when she could meet Joel, she would feel powerful enough to kill him?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I usually like his reviews, but dear god, I couldn't finish this one. I don't think the game is all that great either, but Jesus, the 23 minutes I watched of the video was mostly him bitching about Abby and Joel.

Reminds me of Red Letter Media and Captain Marvel. Yeah, the movie wasn't great and I normally like RLM, but damn that review was just annoying to watch.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Why not? How is not working out to enhance your strength an ideal approach to handling a post apocalyptic world as a woman seeking revenge?

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I looked for it just now and couldn't find it, but I swear 5-6 years ago around the time of Gamergate that Angry Joe made a video basically calling out a portion of his fans for being sexist and harassing women. Did I imagine that? It doesn't reflect who he is now, clearly.

I always thought his style was a bit annoying but I did respect him at one point for using the entire review scale and calling out anti-consumer practices.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I looked for it just now and couldn't find it, but I swear 5-6 years ago around the time of Gamergate that Angry Joe made a video basically calling out a portion of his fans for being sexist and harassing women. Did I imagine that? It doesn't reflect who he is now, clearly.
The guy has successfully monetized outrage culture. He follows the money more than having any sort of moral compass.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
"How can Abby be so buff"

Spoiler-----------------

There was even multiple flash backs showing her determination to train. If Ellie had years to search and get ready for Abby she probably would have been bigger too (she didn't even wait a day), though if she would need Abby's drive. Abby had a gym, but she could have also worked with all sorts of other things, I do this myself sometimes (cement, rice bags in a duffel bag). It wouldn't have been comfortable, but a gym in a stadium isn't required.

Last edited:

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I stumbled upon his reaction to the game's ending and
he said 'you don't know that' in response to Ellie telling Joel her life would have mattered if she was sacrificed for the cure. What do you mean? She knew there wasn't any others carrying the cure. Did you even pay attention? He also was talking over the 'but I would like to try' line. He totally didn't get it.

His act his tired and not even remotely entertaining.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Also it's hilarious to disbelieve Abby having some muscles when you semi-regularly fight seven foot tall cultists (some female!) built like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017

Abby is a muscular and fit woman because that's who she is, what's not to get? A lot of male gamers felt really threatened by Abby, even asking dumb questions like "what's the plot reason for her being muscular?" and it's fucking pathetic.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Spoiler-----------------

There was even multiple flash backs showing her determination to train. If Ellie had years to search and get ready for Abby she probably would have been bigger too (she didn't even wait a day), though if she would need Abby's drive. Abby had a gym, but she could have also worked with all sorts of other things, I do this myself sometimes (cement, rice bags in a duffel bag). It wouldn't have been comfortable, but a gym in a stadium isn't required.
a full athletics gym and livestock for protein

with enough anger and grit you'll get super swoll

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
ZKQw46Z.png

4RhIWVe.png

4mpaoo2.png

8IyHu0K.png

5sWwmZo.png

isxt6AY.png

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
perfect i example is me currently watching SkillUp's hour+ long review of Disco Elysium. OT what a shame, I remember being happy a Latino had broken into the super white game reviews YouTube sphere
I just can't even fathom reviews being that long. Might as well be a Quick Play lol.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017

I always thought his style was a bit annoying but I did respect him at one point for using the entire review scale and calling out anti-consumer practices.
I guess he figured he could make more money by appealing to that part of his fanbase.

Oct 25, 2017
As a previous long time Joe review fan,
Did dude get body snatched a ways back when he took all those months off his fanbase rioted over?
Him and his channel have been a downward spiral ever since.

Honestly also seems to tie in with the increased appearance of
angry%2Bjoe%2Bdelrith%2Bpadeo.png

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I remember getting into him because of his DmC review. He was so disappointed at the new direction but he still gave the game a fair shot and complemented its strengths fairly and in a way that just felt so excited about the good things in the game while also taking shots at the story and other elements he greatly disliked.

Wonder what happened to that guy

Fame and patreon money hit his head. You know how much shit he would have gotten into if he praised TLOU2?
His base supports all the hate the game is getting. Since his Leak Rant video, all the comments were toxic. Heck, read some of the comments in TLOU2 review video. Enough said.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I never saw the appeal of AngryJoe. His reviews don't seem very good and it's just his screaming schtick over and over again with his buddies. It just seems like a bunch of white college frat boys doing a review.

I think it's because SkillUp collabs with his brothers channel which is a Gamer™ channel.

Wait, am I the only one who doesn't know what "Gamer™" means?

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the apocalypse. Abby is constantly fighting against and running from infected. She works out at the place she works at. She's trained her body to advance her goal. How does that not make any sense?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
a full athletics gym and livestock for protein

with enough anger and grit you'll get super swoll
haha I forgot that. They had lots of meat and WLF grew all kinds of fruit and veggies. To get sleep she wore herself out, she's hardcore. She's not event that big. How did that guy in the end get his arms which he compared to Abby? haha.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I lost interest in his channel years ago, when it became more about bringing his friends on to talk about movies than video games, but he just does not give a fuck anymore. He went from giving TLoU1 a 10/10 "Masterpiece" rating and calling out the haters as being entirely unreasonable to being one of those entirely unreasonable haters of the sequel himself. Doesn't seem consistent to me.

Like, "people who hate this game do it for stupid reasons" was a big part of his TLoU1 review and now 7 years later he's all "The Last of us, Women". What an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.