• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand how this dude got as far as he did with his channel. I remember watching a review from him back in like 2011 and feeling second hand embarrassment.

The best thing about Angry Joe and a few other Youtube celebs is that it shows anyone can make it.

You don't need talent or a unique angle, just get up on your soap box, give your opinion and you'll likely get fans.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's really embarrassing and the shitty thing is he has thousands of people expressing that same opinion, and he probably feels in the right.

Besides that, how stupid of a person do you have to be to not understand the reason she
doesn't kill ellie again was the cause of the journey she went through with Lev and Yara (and betraying her own people). Plus on Day 1 you see how hollow she feels and even have some of her friends turn on her (except Manny)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
He was constantly screaming over scenes, leaving the room, eating, drinking, then complaining about plot holes...Thathi friend had to explain to him weren't plot holes, to which he replied "See I don't give a shit about any of that"
that's my biggest pet peeve when it comes to watching anyone play anything online

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
The guy to his side... Looks like he disapproves, but can't really say it, because he has to work with him. I used to watch his stuff, like, 2 years ago. I stopped watching because he started to sound like a dick when it came to how he treated other dudes he worked with - talking over them, not really giving them any chance to defend their point of view. "Angry" was no longer a persona. He became an angry dick self-important, so I though "fuck it". But it was just a personal choice, but with the stuff lately, and now this pathetic "anti-SJW" take I sincerely hope that other people who work with him, who at least seem to be decent, can afford and manage to split from his pathetic ass.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
BraveMenacingGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Lol I watched him playing TLOU2 one time on twitch, dude was just screaming over an emotional cutscene. That was really fucking embarrassing.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
It's really embarrassing and the shitty thing is he has thousands of people expressing that same opinion, and he probably feels in the right.

Besides that, how stupid of a person do you have to be to not understand the reason she
doesn't kill ellie again was the cause of the journey she went through with Lev and Yara (and betraying her own people). Plus on Day 1 you see how hollow she feels and even have some of her friends turn on her (except Manny)
That would require paying the slightest bit of attention, and not having already decided to hate the game two months before.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Constantly ribbing on the game with 2 to 3 friends and passing the controller around and getting up from your seat has to be the absolute worst way to experience TLOU2

This.. to really get why the game is so good you need to play it alone and don't pass the controller or leave the room every 5 minutes.. he obviously has a problem with some characters even before playing the game and his take on the story is really awful.

If someone didn't see this yet go and watch the Girlfriendreview video.. it's damn good.

jonasvutt

Jan 17, 2018
He even attributed the success of the first game and the franchise on himself, in the video talking about the game sales.
"We knew that was gonna happen, because... I mean, the AngryJoe Show gave The Last of Us a 10/10 so why wouldn't the second one sell?".

He played the game on PS4 when it was already a success and won many, many awards.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
In an earlier thread, someone posted a video of him ranting about how a Dragon Age game has too many emo guys that wanted to have sex with him, had a skit of Joe's comrade hitting on him and stripping naked while Joe insisted that he was straight, and then calling one of the female romance options a slut that he's afraid of getting near because he might catch an STD.

Seems like he's been in that territory for a while.

He's also a gun nut:

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Dude in the middle should've said what was on his mind. He didn't agree with Joe's shitty take there.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad that he seemingly doesn't get review copies anymore (at least from Sony).

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
He spoiled himself when the leaks hit, made a video about it and how he didn't even want to play it anymore. He went in hating this game. Never gave it a chance. Not to mention he played it with two other people, talking and yelling over everything and passing the controller around. Joe wasn't even in the room for parts of it. He is trash.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I like how TLOU2 has been putting in some major work exposing people. What a game through and through. I made sure Youtube didn't recommend so many channels since leaks started for this game. I avoided the leaks, but they'd talk about Abby is such horrible ways (thumbnails and titles of their videos). Even some that made sure not to spoil couldn't help but call her all sorts of things based on how fit she is. I mean how can you even go to a gym and not see a fit person with awesome legs, shoulders, and arms. Abby is skipping days compared to what other's accomplished, likely because she can't eat as much as we can even in our pandemic status.

Oh boy...

Good to know. Always wondered what it was.
Yeah on that channel they say stuff like Wahmen, SJWs, and stuff like that. He wasn't close to being a hero of mine, but I got a "never meet your heroes" feeling from seeing how he act on that channel.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
That dude was never going to like the game and has always been trash. It's crazy that it has taken this long for most people to realize it.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Dude in the middle should've said what was on his mind. He didn't agree with Joe's shitty take there.

I guess by that point he was done trying to explain the plot to him so he defaulted to the usual yes man, I don't like Alex one bit, but he at least tried to pay attention and follow the themes presented

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I'll never understand why he got where he is. Seems like such a piece of shit.

To be fair he reached peak popularity a long time ago.

He did some pretty legendary rants years ago. The Xbox One reveal springs to mind.

He leaned heavily towards consumer protection and calling shit out. Kinda like Jim Sterling, but louder and a lot dumber.

Believe it or not he was fairly liberal, or pretended to be. He streamed the 2016 general election and wanted Clinton to win and ranted about the result, which got him a lot of hate. Which is pretty crazy considering the state he's in now.

I stopped following him in 2018 when he started using SJW unironically. I'm pretty sure it started with his TLJ review. Now I've never seen that movie (don't care about Star Wars), but I understand it exposed plenty of assholes, much like TLOU Part 2.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
He spoiled himself when the leaks hit, made a video about it and how he didn't even want to play it anymore. He went in hating this game. Never gave it a chance. Not to mention he played it with two other people, talking and yelling over everything and passing the controller around. Joe wasn't even in the room for parts of it. He is trash.
And also playing a game while trying to entertain a chat never helps. All that going on, and calling yourself reviewing the game. It's a joke.

CannedSoup

Oct 30, 2017
I saw this stream live...He was constantly screaming over scenes, leaving the room, eating, drinking, then complaining about plot holes...Thathi friend had to explain to him weren't plot holes, to which he replied "See I don't give a shit about any of that"

The most egregious example was him screaming that the game tried to make the "death" of a "character" named "Danny" a big tragedy and he didn't care who the fuck Danny was because it was oh so poorly written...

The scene in question is the first time we encounter that "character"...in a body bag...and it's only important because we're told he was partnered with a character we actually know, hence his status is now unknown

He tried to push it as the new "MARTHA!" screaming "DANNY!!" over and over

It was embarrassing

He made his mind up about this game before even playing it

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The guy uses SJW unironically, it's obvious where he leans. Don't know why he gets so much attention here.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I mean I was worried about the game based on the leaks I had seen. I was worried the game would try super hard to be like "subversive", shit all over Joel, introduce this bland Abby character... But I still gave the game a fair shot and found that it was really well executed. It seems Joe couldnt let go of his preconceived notions. When he first got control of Abby in the prologue, he just intentionally jumped off a cliff several times lol.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Believe it or not he was fairly liberal, or pretended to be. He streamed the 2016 general election and wanted Clinton to win and ranted about the result, which got him a lot of hate. Which is pretty crazy considering the state he's in now.
I think he still has a lot of Black Lives Matter stuff on his Twitter. It's entirely possible that someone can have one good stance alongside multiple bad ones - especially when you have someone who has one kind of priviledge but not others (i.e. he's a man, but not white).

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This.. to really get why the game is so good you need to play it alone and don't pass the controller or leave the room every 5 minutes.. he obviously has a problem with some characters even before playing the game and his take on the story is really awful.

If someone didn't see this yet go and watch the Girlfriendreview video.. it's damn good.

I feel I should link this here...

This portion of Cosmonaut review called out people like Joe complaining about this..

lemonade

May 8, 2018
He is a fucking clown. His shitty antics and channel are both stuck in 2002.

He is not knowledgeable about the game industry and he is not good at video games either. Just a clown all around.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Dude feels like he's stuck in that mid-00s game era of "Dudebro fuck yeah bitches sex and guns guns GUNZZZZZ" and he refuses to grow up. I didn't even see the review. I just saw a few seconds of how he reacted to some of TLOU2 and I'm not surprised. Dude's trash.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I saw this stream live...He was constantly screaming over scenes, leaving the room, eating, drinking, then complaining about plot holes...Thathi friend had to explain to him weren't plot holes, to which he replied "See I don't give a shit about any of that"

LMAO. That's typical Angry Joe. Once saw him went to the kitchen to make a sandwich, came back and complaining about the plot of a story-focused game being confusing.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
The level of discussion some people is bringing to the table is shameful. You might not like the story, but treating it as trash with those arguments is awful. We don't deserve bold stories in video games.

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
I remember this guy making exciting and funny Fable 2 and Fallout 3 videos over a decade ago and I really enjoyed them. Now he's crying over a video game because it features women.

What a loser. Dude should take a good hard look in the mirror. He has the potential for great content, but this is the lamest shit ever.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
He even attributed the success of the first game and the franchise on himself, in the video talking about the game sales.
"We knew that was gonna happen, because... I mean, the AngryJoe Show gave The Last of Us a 10/10 so why wouldn't the second one sell?".

He played the game on PS4 when it was already a success and won many, many awards.
lol, that game came out and won multiple awards before Joe had even touched a playstation controller on his channel. What a laughably inflated ego there.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

LOL did he actually say that? Goddamn the ego on that motherfucker.

I wonder if he thinks his review will somehow impact Part 2's sales.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm done with Joe for sure now.

Women with muscles is not a strange concept and perfectly normal.

EDIT: looks like I already unsubscribed

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I've never liked any of his content. I remember watching a few videos of his years ago and was trying to figure out how the guy was so popular. Always came off as a garbage person and this doesn't surprise me.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility Over a Series of Posts
I knew this post reminded me of something...

tenor.gif

He should be banned out of support for the woman he was a dick to. He's done nothing to prove his innocence and has instead tried to silence a victim. All this other stuff is nonsense. "He's not giving the story the attention it deserves". Fuck outta here with that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.