• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
One of the most toxic and worst reviewers online.

Agree with the score though

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
30+ hrs of the game on PC and I've not had errors at all like he keeps getting, so odd. Game runs rock solid for me

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Joe's a toxic dick which bothers me greatly because I really liked his reviews.

He royally showed his ass with the TLOU leaks

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I would have like this type of 'shouty shouty' videos if I am still in my pre-teens.

Even AVGN mellowed quite Abit but I guess for some video channels, the single schtick of 'shouty shouty' is only differentiator they can come up with based on their limited talent.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Really good review and has actual complaints. He was playing it on Twitch and getting all those errors live it was crazy and waiting for matches is crazy long. I can see this going free to play to try and save it from being dead if they expect dlc that far out.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I have been lucky and haven't seen any of the leaks and i haven't watched any of the footage released recently. So in a none spoilery way can you tell me what happened?

No problem if you can't because of spoilers though.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
What did he do, say spoilers?

I have been lucky and haven't seen any of the leaks and i haven't watched any of the footage released recently. So in a none spoilery way can you tell me what happened?

If I had to guess (and I'll be vague here in case someone hasn't read the spoilers), it might have to do with some LGBT stuff in the TLOU2 leaks not related to stuff we already knew about Ellie that lead to Joe using the 'SJW's ruining another X' adage. It's been about a month since I watched it and he may have tried to backpedal/clarify later in the video, but the intro was spent with that mindset at the forefront of the complaints.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Man, I miss when he didn't fill his videos with unfunny skits and his almost painful to watch live-stream footage. It's 2020, Joe. Screaming in your mic hasn't been funny for five years. I agree with most of his points in the first ten minutes, but I can't watch more.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If I had to guess (and I'll be vague here in case someone hasn't read the spoilers), it might have to do with some LGBT stuff in the TLOU2 leaks not related to stuff we already knew about Ellie that lead to Joe using the 'SJW's ruining another X' adage. It's been about a month since I watched it and he may have tried to backpedal/clarify later in the video, but the intro was spent with that mindset at the forefront of the complaints.

Really? I don't watch his videos but he always seemed half decent.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I can see this going free to play to try and save it from being dead if they expect dlc that far out.

They could really have done with adding this straight to PS Now really. It's a Sony published game, no excuses.

Matchmaking times have been alriiiight for me so far but only if you wanna play as a human. Predator wait times are at about seven minutes already.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we giving a platform to a dude who hailed JonTron's return and collaborated with Boogie?

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

Really? Always seemed like joe was really openminded about these issues... i didn't watch the video since i didn't want spoilers but if if he really said shit like that and complained about SJW/LGBT stuff man that's disappointing as fuck

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Man, I miss when he didn't fill his videos with unfunny skits and his almost painful to watch live-stream footage. It's 2020, Joe. Screaming in your mic hasn't been funny for five years. I agree with most of his points in the first ten minutes, but I can't watch more.

And yet, he seems as successful as ever. And Joe was doing skits as far as I can remember... the first vid I saw of him was a FC2 vid which was basically all skits.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

Same I unsubscribed recently, ever since Alex became a full timer, AJ's content has gone way downhill, he seems like a really bad influence on Joe, especially when it came to TLOU 2 leaks.

Last edited:

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Man, I don't have any strong opinions on any of this, but I find it funny how sensitive a lot of these guys are to SJW topics. Almost like they're the sensitive ones.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Basically he was mad because of FAKE leaks that originated from 4Chan that tried to paint the game as "SJW propaganda" and he took them as a fact

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really used to enjoy Angry Joe and agreed with most of his critiques in terms of the game itself. But he has unfortunately drifted further and further away from reasonable commentary. The Last of Us video really was kind of the line he crossed.

Who knows maybe he's backpedaled since then.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
I like his movie reviews way better than his video game reviews
His movie reviews are actually really good

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
He's been raging about "social justice" with the spoilers.

His TLOU2 review is probably gonna be the make or break of whether I drop him or not. He used to be pretty liberal even at one point sorta defending Anita Sarkeesian when hating her was the big thing. Nowadays he's slowly been turning into every other reactionary YouTuber.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I really used to enjoy Angry Joe and agreed with most of his critiques in terms of the game itself. But he has unfortunately drifted further and further away from reasonable commentary. The Last of Us video really was kind of the line he crossed.

Who knows maybe he's backpedaled since then.

He did backpedal and said the game looked amazing after the latest trailer but he insists the story (as in FAKE spoilers he read about) is shit because SJWs

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Basically he was mad because of FAKE leaks that originated from 4Chan that tried to paint the game as "SJW propaganda" and he took them as a fact

It's sad because at one time he was arguing in favor of BFV and then backpedaled when a lot of his fans turned out to be the type to whine about SJWs.

He did backpedal and said the game looked amazing after the latest trailer but he insists the story (as in FAKE spoilers he read about) is shit because SJWs

Combine this with his take on guns and I don't feel any regret for unsubbing and not watching his videos. Would rather give views to people who espouse empathy and compassion than the types that whine about SJWs.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
They could really have done with adding this straight to PS Now really. It's a Sony published game, no excuses.

Matchmaking times have been alriiiight for me so far but only if you wanna play as a human. Predator wait times are at about seven minutes already.
At least they put it on PC with cross play but it's already at those wait times is bad and Arnold being DLC is just headshaking when he should have been part of the base game and marketing to sell the game at the start.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
User Banned (2 weeks): inflammatory accusations
Agreed with the people saying "Fuck Joe", he's a known piece of shit who lets a suspected pedo on his show and his reviews haven't been good in a long timeee.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
At least they put it on PC with cross play but it's already at those wait times is bad and Arnold being DLC is just headshaking when he should have been part of the base game and marketing to sell the game at the start.

Having cross-play turned on by default was a big saviour. The beta had it opt-in and I was super worried for launch. Glad they switched that!

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Wait TLOU? I thought the beef with Joe was that he was a gun guy who defended the AR-15 after a mass shooting

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't heard anything good about this, so his score's not surprising.

I haven't watched AJ's content in a long while, so I'm not aware of the hub bub about TLoU2.