• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
A quick google search showed that the vast majority of gun deaths in the USA are from handguns, not assault rifles or any form of rifle at all, so it's kind of a side discussion. It certainly seems to me that the law should be going after handguns before AR15s.

The thing is pretty sure 'assault rifle' discussion for the past 30 years is more about a shitty compromise as opposed to what gun control activists want to be aiming for. You can't touch rifles because that's for 'hunting'. You can't touch hand guns because that's for 'personal protection'. That leaves scary looking rifles.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't watch AJ's stuff, but he seemed like a pretty decent guy to me. I guess I was wrong.

I don't know much about Angry Joe, but you can be in favour of owning guns and still be a decent person. And I say this as someone who is vehemently against owning guns.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Guns are for cowards, you should face robbers as a real warrior.

0e3.gif

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you will reconsider "not liking" people just based on them not thinking someone is an irredeemable piece of filth because they have a bad opinion on something. I am completely on board with saying Angry Joe is enabling a culture that causes gun violence with that tweet. We agree on this, so I dont even understand why thats the only point you bring up and pretend im not. The difference here is I dont attribute a malice to the tweet, I think its just ignorant and self serving. I can still think this is a really shitty thing to tweet, try to push back on it because I think its wrong, and still think he is a decent person. I really don't understand how the first reaction of some people is to label someone as completely hopeless, honestly its a toxic attitude imo
I said I didn't like them and you lean full into "irredeemable piece of filth". I'm not even playing games, I said "I don't like you."

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
I wish this was the first reply =D

America looks absolutely ridiculous from the outside. Mass shootings average out to more than daily. School shootings literally almost weekly. Over 37,000 shootings so far this year. But so many of you have such hard ons for your guns that you're more concerned for your own "right" to own your murder stick than you are with the people being killed daily by them. Even when your kids are being sold bullet proof back packs and having school shooter drills before they hit double digit ages, some of you still think being allowed to own a semi auto rifle is more important.

giphy.gif
QueasyReliableCuckoo-size_restricted.gif

As an american I look at my country and have the same exact thoughts. I also own a handgun (only buy ammo at the range to practice not for self-defense BS) and if gun control or restrictions means safety of a single life, I am all for it.

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
As a European I never get this nonsense tbh. Shame to hear Joe is that much in favor of defending killing machines, but I guess it doesn't surprise me.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I said I didn't like them and you lean full into "irredeemable piece of filth". I'm not even playing games, I said "I don't like you."
Ya I quoted the "not liking" part. You dont like people for liking someone. You want to speak to the whole argument now than just *again* picking out a piece of it and trying to shift the attention elsewhere?

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, from a political perspective, I think banning guns is a bad idea. These shootings are terrible, but there are a lot of centrists and even liberals who own guns. Banning them, or running on banning them could push some of those people to the right, especially if they're single issue voters. A lot of races in purple states are already super tight and if a ban pushes people to the right, that could mean losing seats in the house and senate and even the presidency. I a lot of swing states are big on guns and people really don't like their constitutional rights being taken away.

I don't know if that will happen anytime soon, though. In some purple states and districts, being anti-gun is political suicide.

So yeah... it sucks that these shootings happen, but if the dems lose seats over it, that means less power to work on other things, like climate change, univeral healthcare, college, etc.

I think the dems need to make weed legalization THEIR one of their single issue priorities and run on that and put guns behind them, at least for now. Republicans have guns and abortion and a handful of other single issues, the dems really need some to get and keep voters that care about those things.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
From now on Angry Joe threads and posters are ignored. He's trash.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
What happened to owning dogs in case they break into your house? I have two pitbulls and a awesome cat to hold my household down. Oh and a massive light and a siren that goes off as well. This notion of having guns in the household never made sense.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Not familiar about guns, but are they the same?

Isn't the second one for hunting?

They both shoot the same round (.223 and 5.56). You can get 30 round mags for the Mini14, like you can with the AR. The only major difference is the AR typically has a rail system to attach things to it, but you can also modify the Mini14 to have a rail... so they're basically the same gun when it comes down it it. One just looks less threatening than the other and has a pistol grip, which honestly, I don't think makes a huge difference.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, from a political perspective, I think banning guns is a bad idea. These shootings are terrible, but there are a lot of centrists and even liberals who own guns. Banning them, or running on banning them could push some of those people to the right, especially if they're single issue voters. A lot of races in purple states are already super tight and if a ban pushes people to the right, that could mean losing seats in the house and senate and even the presidency. I a lot of swing states are big on guns and people really don't like their constitutional rights being taken away.

I don't know if that will happen anytime soon, though. In some purple states and districts, being anti-gun is political suicide.

So yeah... it sucks that these shootings happen, but if the dems lose seats over it, that means less power to work on other things, like climate change, univeral healthcare, college, etc.

I think the dems need to make weed legalization THEIR one of their single issue priorities and run on that and put guns behind them, at least for now. Republicans have guns and abortion and a handful of other single issues, the dems really need some to get and keep voters that care about those things.
Who the fuck cares about political repercussions when people are getting murdered by these lawful gun owning shitbags. Saving lives is way above winning or losing seats.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Ya I quoted the "not liking" part. You dont like people for liking someone. You want to speak to the whole argument now than just *again* picking out a piece of it and trying to shift the attention elsewhere?
It would help if you had an argument, but it's clear that you don't. In fact, you don't appear to have any interest about talking about the issue with guns at all. You're just incredibly saddened that I don't like certain people for their stance concerning the issue and have decided to project your own binary world view onto me to avoid saying anything meaningful.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
So all you 'home defencers'; are you sitting on the couch watching TV with a fucking loaded gun on your lap or what?
Because otherwise it wouldn't make too much sense

Give me a fucking break

Hollywood "heroism" mixed with the typical constant paranoia

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck cares about political repercussions when people are getting murdered by these lawful gun owning shitbags. Saving lives is way above winning or losing seats.
That just reminds me of people who get worried about any politicians being "too left" becoming un-electable and that people more center-left have a better shot, while at the same time the right just keeps voting more far right.

Nov 13, 2017
I don't get the whole "We need our guns to fight against a potential tyrannical government?" excuse. If the government were to become tyrannical, I doubt people's peashooters would match against the might of WMDs, an entire army of trained soldiers, tanks and drones.

This isn't the American Revolution where people had muskets for weapons.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017

Because if you lose seats in the house and senate, things get way worse. You'll have guns and all the other republican bullshit they're doing.

I'd rather have guns and things like universal healthcare and measures to combat climate change than live in a republicans wet dream of a world because the dems pursued this one issue. It sucks, but it could mean losing any control that the dems might be able to get otherwise. I just don't think this one battle is worth potentially losing the war.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
First both sidsing AOC and now this...i understand supporting the second amendment but its sad to say Joe might have sold out with how much success he's reveled in

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the whole "We need our guns to fight against a potential tyrannical government?" excuse. If the government were to become tyrannical, I doubt people's peashooters would match against the might of WMDs, an entire army of trained soldiers, tanks and drones.

gun nuts are generally blue lives matter weirdos anyway

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017

It's an excuse used by willful idiots.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019

Superhero complex sustained by men with deep feelings of inferiority.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would help if you had an argument, but it's clear that you don't. In fact, you don't appear to have any interest about talking about the issue with guns at all. You're just incredibly saddened that I don't like certain people for their stance concerning the issue and have decided to project your own binary world view onto me to avoid saying anything meaningful.
I dont understand how you are unable to stay on topic. We agree about the guns stuff, there isnt anything to talk about there. We are talking about the notion that you dont like people for liking someone. You say I dont have an argument, but you actively ignore it to the point where I question if it is intentional because you have nothing to say.

Also "have decided to project your own binary world view onto me", ironic.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand how you are unable to stay on topic. We agree about the guns stuff, there isnt anything to talk about there. We are talking about the notion that you dont like people for liking someone. You say I dont have an argument, but you actively ignore it to the point where I question if it is intentional because you have nothing to say.

why would you like someone who shows bad judgment

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Disappointing but not surprising, I already knew Joe was a big gun guy.
I just don't understand why civilians are allowed Assault Rifle at all. What situation would someone run into to where a weapon of that caliber is ever needed.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017

What's your point in this? All you've done is called a person who is directly affected by the stupid lack of gun control "simple-minded" for thinking they aren't nuanced about AngryJoe when he's against gun control - 1000% H is not simple minded for not liking AngryJoe because of that, people are dying, they are allowed to think a person isn't a good person for being against fixing the problem. Your arguement is simply that you don't care about this issue enough to see it affect your opinion of AngryJoe so anyone else that does care is "black or white" and you pretty much called them stupid. You are the one insulting others.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why would you like someone who shows bad judgment
If it were constant and varied, I would be more inclined to. Joe isn't that though as far as I know, just because he has a bad take on this doesn't mean there isn't good will generated from when he has pushed for progressive ideas

What's your point in this? All you've done is called a person who is directly affected by the stupid lack of gun control "simple-minded" for thinking they aren't nuanced about AngryJoe when he's against gun control - 1000% H is not simple minded for not liking AngryJoe because of that, people are dying, they are allowed to think a person isn't a good person for being against fixing the problem. Your arguement is simply that you don't care about this issue enough to see it affect your opinion of AngryJoe so anyone else that does care is "black or white" and you pretty much called them stupid. You are the one insulting others.

I didnt say that, I said I dont like the attributing of liking someone to fully agreeing with everything they say.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Unsubbed.

Shocking to us Europeans what's going on in the US. My family and I are going to Florida in a few months, and some of them are scared to go shopping in a mall. "What if..."

We've never had guns here in Europe, and it's probably the safest countries in the world.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it were constant and varied, I would be more inclined to. Joe isn't that though as far as I know, just because he has a bad take on this doesn't mean there isn't good will generated from when he has pushed for progressive ideas
It's been a thing since 2017 and has gotten worse over time. He's not progressive.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
My point is that the more time it takes to get your gun, the greater the chance of you getting shot (or worse).

Any obstacles between you and your objective (which is to take out the person attacking you), increases the odds that the outcome won't be in your favor.

Is it stating the obvious, yes.

If you can retrieve it in time, then that's great.

I'm prior military, so I'm coming at this from that angle (and it's also skewing my view on things).

Everything you're saying in this post is correct. Where we ended up disagreeing was your notion that because of the time it may take to reach a firearm that it can't be used for home defense in any situation. That's simply not always the case.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I agree that lobbying should be outlawed. To me, anything that inhibits the power of the individual should be scrutinized.

The lens through which most people view this topic is likely distorted. My respect goes wholly to people who have independently thought through whether guns are something they appreciate or not. I came to my own conclusion based on personal experiences and extrapolation, not pundits yelling at me or tragedy cases begging for sympathy.
Glad to agree.