• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chariot

Oct 26, 2017
Hamburg
This is incredibly creepy, seeing that there are people in this thread that defend this guy is really disappointing. Preventing her to use the phone and confiscating her cash is predatory behavior 101, this is really really really really really bad.
I very much agree that I want to hear his side of the story too.

Howevever, the people who outright say that there is nothing wrong with the described behaviour, I do not like.

FaultyFork

Oct 28, 2017
Ummh... Asking someone into your hotel room at the pretense of "I'll just be quick" and then turning that into a shower-session that you ask the other to join ("jokingly", of course), taking away her phone and being pissed about who she is calling don't sound like "awkward flirting" to me. And trust me, I'm fucking awkward with flirting. That does not involve me separating women from their friends or accidentally finding myself in need of a shower that I propose some woman I barely know should join.

It's hard to know without hearing the actual exchange, if he told her that he would just quickly fetch something at the hotel and it turned into a shower invitation it's manipulative and shitty. If it was him telling her that he needed to go to the hotel quickly to shower and get ready for the meeting and then jokingly asked her to join while they were there I could classify it as awkward flirting (if he was under the assumption that they were on some form of date)

I missed the part about him handing her phone and purse to some other guy and if that happened it would definitely be predatory behavior.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Every fucking thread about someone being accused of sexual assault/harassment brings the pre-cogs out of the woodwork.

Come on. There are plenty of weird/angry assholes who have never sexually harassed anyone and plenty of completrly unsuspecting people who have.

I don't expect the "angry gamer" demographic to be particularly keyed in when it comes to what is appropriate and what is inappropriate. So yeah, I'm not even remotely surprised here.

Rolf may be one of the few people I wouldn't expect to engage in that kind of shit. I don't like The Angry Video Game Nerd's comedy, but I appreciate that the AVGN IS a character. Rolf makes that abundantly clear. It gets hard to tell when these other fucks are playing their "character" or are giving their sincere opinions. Their personalities seem to blur. That is a giant red flag.

So yeah, I am never surprised when one of these angry review style YouTubers ends up being a parasite. Honestly, it almost always seems to just be a matter of time before it all comes out with these types.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I only have one account and I only post when I have something to say or is your opinion better then mine. I think for myself I'm not enslaved to a mob mentality. Or do I not have a right to my opinion? Or is is just what you guys say that matters? Sorry I'm not woke enough.
It's not "woke" to believe accounts from a victim of sexual harassment/assault, it's the bare minimum for being a decent human being.

Discussion guidelines and reminders about sexual misconduct victims

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
As we reopen this, here's a reminder that it's extremely difficult for victims to come forward with allegations like these and that false accusations remain statistically rare. Please show sensitivity before posting.

Comments that frame believing the victims as hate mobs, pitchforks, etc. or that immediately cast doubt on the allegations are hurtful for victims and make them less likely to come forward, and will be moderated strictly.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Wow so no self reflection at all and then proceeds to straight up call her a liar? Fucking hell.

He has been trash for ages now, but this? This is beyond the pale. This dude needs to be fucking gone. Never wanna see another thread about his reviews on here after this.

Yeah, regardless of what is true or isn't, his reaction is not the greatest... That reaction makes the courageous individual's accusation more credible imo as he is acting like exactly how she described him.

Kudos to her though, knowing that this will unleash a lot more harrassment from incels she still came out with the story. All so it doesn't happen to other women as well.

Swadedtx

Banned
Dec 21, 2019
User Banned (permanent): trolling in a sensitive thread, account in junior phase
Hjtenchi as well, had to unfollow him this morning. Sucks spending a lot of time in the communities only to find out they've done this creepy shit.

Yall are insane he didn't even do anything wrong, according to her. Most of her story hasn't even been backed up by anyone.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Some more stuff surrounding the Itmejp stuff.

Long thread, but apparently Anne Munition said that she didn't trust Kaitlyn because she's a habitual liar, which led Kaitlyn to sharing DMs on her stream and her chat harassing Anne in a now deleted VoD. They got into it in this thread, where another streamer calls Kaitlyn manipulative, and Anne claims she grooms guys that are 10 years younger than her. None of it clears JP of harassment, just additional allegations in the community.

The comment from Shannon goes off in it's own thread between the two. And half an hour later, after more back and forth is when Anne makes her allegation.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Then why did he make a 7 minute apology video asking people to help him be better? https://youtu.be/PaETuRcjXBs
I didn't know he responded already, time to see what he says in more detail too *the video is now private, any mirrors?*

I bet you believed Amber Heard.... Why don't you wait for facts before demonizing someone. My mom was a rape victim and as a Black Man my mom always warned me about white women trying to trap me.
Smdftb, boi.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even care for angry joe but if we are going to live in a society where every accusation with out any due process is treated as facts it's a fucking shame. Guilty until proven innocent is the struggle that most black men through in this country which is one off the issue with law enforcement because we always have to prove we didn't do something. When we should be given the benefit of the doubt until otherwise. So to see people marching for BLM and social justice but are quickly ready to burn people to the steak based on every accusation made against someone is very juxtaposed. I just hope this doesn't have anything to do with his opinions on the last of us 2.
"She could have made up the sexual harassment accusation because she disagreed with his opinion on a videogame" must be a peak gamer take.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You can always tell by the reaction of the accused.

If it was literally just a misunderstanding or misreading of signals, he would express that respectfully. Apologize that she felt that way because of him and probably say something about he will reflect on his interactions so someone doesn't feel that way again.

Instead he is a complete dick about it. Which points to her story being quite true, or at least large chunks of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Geee, Angry Gamer Trope Person being trash? How is this news? Their toxic masculinity has been an issue for ages now.

If they are "angry" as a character, they are probably trash in person.

Sorry if I seem dismissive of her plight, I'm not, just I'm so sick of the toxic crap that these jerks have injected into our culture.

James Rolfe is the guy who popularized this shtick, and all in all he's a good dude.

Mike Matei tho...

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
This is majorly dissapointing, cause I do like the ocntent from the channel, mostly his older stuff, but the other two Joe's are fun.

I do think the people jumping on here saying that they somehow knew, just because they didn't like him are extremely cringe. Congrats I guess if that's what you were aiming for?

I hope he responds in an appropriate manner.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All the recent allegations against people late me just reaffirms my life motto to never idolize anyways. Never stan anyone. Most people who climb their way to the top of their fields end up being a shitty person in one way or another. It's an extension of never meet your heros.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
These people in here defending people accused of harrassment and assault make me furious! Maybe I have confirmation bias because I already can't stand Angry Joe? But there's no need to defend him, because frankly you weren't there and you really have no idea what actually happened.

There's no need to try and defend or defame anyone involved. We as a community should be here to demonstrate kindness and empathy to the victims.

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
The comments on the page with the whole story are.... something. The way these people look at what's appropriate and what's not is warped to say the least.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
These people in here defending people accused of harrassment and assault make me furious! Maybe I have confirmation bias because I already can't stand Angry Joe? But there's no need to defend him, because frankly you weren't there and you really have no idea what actually happened.

There's no need to try and defend or defame anyone involved. We as a community should be here to demonstrate kindness and empathy to the victims.
We shouldn't.

I can understand being shocked that someone you are a fan of would be a shitty person, I can even understand wanting more info before you stop being a fan, but trying to defend them, or defame the accuser is gross

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
James Rolfe is the guy who popularized this shtick, and all in all he's a good dude.

Mike Matei tho...
Yeah, well I'm not buying it, I think Rolfe is just silent on these things as it pays the bills. He knew Matei and their opinions on things. They have been friends for ages, I simply cannot escape the crap pushed by Mike, whom Rolfe still pushes content for btw.

Sorry if I seem harsh, but this angry gamer shit has bitten me in the arse too often. I used to enjoy it though. I will not deny that, there are just soo many problematic people in these circles people that should just be in jail.

Last edited:

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The comments on the page with the whole story are.... something. The way these people look at what's appropriate and what's not is warped to say the least.
It's why sexism, racism and assault keep happening over and over and over and people think it doesn't actually exist. They don't understand the proper way to treat people. It's sickening

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
You can always tell by the reaction of the accused.

If it was literally just a misunderstanding or misreading of signals, he would express that respectfully. Apologize that she felt that way because of him and probably say something about he will reflect on his interactions so someone doesn't feel that way again.

Instead he is a complete dick about it. Which points to her story being quite true, or at least large chunks of it.

lol I'm not sure where this comes from. If it didn't happen the way she said, why wouldn't you be furious?

Having said that, ain't no misreading of signals. If you purposefully try to isolate a woman from her friends and her boyfriend, you're a fucking dick. And if he really snapped out and said all that "You're just like all the others" stuff, there's no other way to look at that tantrum besides trying to emotionally manipulate her. That stuff can't be seen another way IMO.

Gray Fox

Jul 6, 2018
That was a rough read. How one human being can treat another like he treated her is absolutely despicable. Not surprised in the least if this is true about Joe. He's homophobic and transphobic too? Jesus. I bet he denies everything. He's done this shit before too because he seems pretty practiced at it from reading the entire account.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
lol I'm not sure where this comes from. If it didn't happen the way she said, why wouldn't you be furious?

Having said that, ain't no misreading of signals. If you purposefully try to isolate a woman from her friends and her boyfriend, you're a fucking dick. And if he really snapped out and said all that "You're just like all the others" stuff, there's no other way to look at that tantrum besides trying to emotionally manipulate her. That stuff can't be seen another way IMO.
Cause he is a public figure and being a dick, even with false accusations makes you look either guilty or look bad either way.

If I got falsely accused, yeah I would be pissed. But I wouldn't treat that person like shit on social media or in person. I'd lawyer up and deal with it that way.

Psrock1

Oct 27, 2017
We need to stop this " I knew it" " I'm not shocked" post as its base on nothing. You can show respect to the victims without these embarrassing comments.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, well I'm not buying it, I think Rolfe is just silent on these things as it pays the bills. He knew Matei and their opinions on things. They have been friends for ages, I simply cannot escape the crap pushed by Mike, whom Rolfe still pushes content for btw.

Sorry if I seem harsh, but this angry gamer shit has bitten me in the arse too often. I used to enjoy it though. I will not deny that, there are just soo many problematic people in these circles people that should just be in jail.
Yeah. There's a difference between being silent when your partner is making TERRIBLE statements and disassociating yourself from it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Cause he is a public figure and being a dick, even with false accusations makes you look either guilty or look bad either way.

If I got falsely accused, yeah I would be pissed. But I wouldn't treat that person like shit on social media or in person. I'd lawyer up and deal with it that way.

I mean he did say he was lawyering up. To me that's actually worse than snapping though? Like, what's he going to do? Sue her? Witnesses will be biased in his favor because "he's Angry Joe" and because society hates women so he'd be likely to win. That looks shitty to me. There's no way to turn this in his favor, especially if there aren't anymore texts.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

There's no right way to emotionally react to a sexual assault allegation. Doesn't matter if he's guilty or innocent this is gonna linger on him for the rest of his life in the public eye.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
I mean he did say he was lawyering up. To me that's actually worse than snapping though? Like, what's he going to do? Sue her? Witnesses will be biased in his favor because "he's Angry Joe" and because society hates women so he'd be likely to win. That looks shitty to me. There's no way to turn this in his favor, especially if there aren't anymore texts.
He has veen quite threatening in regards to lawyers, suing etc. I imagine he has more than enough money to do this. He is also being supported and cheered by hundreds of fans.

The poor woman must be terrified.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Some more stuff surrounding the Itmejp stuff.

Long thread, but apparently Anne Munition said that she didn't trust Kaitlyn because she's a habitual liar, which led Kaitlyn to sharing DMs on her stream and her chat harassing Anne in a now deleted VoD. They got into it in this thread, where another streamer calls Kaitlyn manipulative, and Anne claims she grooms guys that are 10 years younger than her. None of it clears JP of harassment, just additional allegations in the community.

The comment from Shannon goes off in it's own thread between the two. And half an hour later, after more back and forth is when Anne makes her allegation.

Yeah, there is more to this.

Read it from Bottom to Top
qHN0iY0.png

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Snapping destroys him in public opinion. If he is absolutely innocent, talking to a lawyer, putting out a calm well written public statement and then yeah. Getting falsely accused you should talk to a lawyer, the lawyer will suggest a course of action but it's important to talk with one. Hell if you are as big as he is get a lawyer or a pr firm to help you out together a proper statement, maybe mention how much you support victims of sexual assault, make a donation to a fund, I don't know.

Snapping on Twitter is no bueno

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
It's all so creepy, but also pathetic: He told her he had to introduce her as "his girl" in that reunion with his youtube associates. What a loser.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I understand wanting both sides of a story, but you can treat the accusations as serious and support the victim even if you have some skepticism imo.

Though if you call her and attention seeker, or say that she was leading him on (how TF can you get that from the story?) you can fuck off.

Not really directed at anyone here fyi. But I made the mistake of reading this on Reddit, and we'll...

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Reading that was something else. I felt almost dizzy and a little sick afterwards tbh. I'm not trying to be melodramatic but the pace of the evening and his controlling behavior was very discombobulating. The shower stuff was very Weinstein then you have the dude that gave her a business card. I almost feel like Joe told that guy to do that.

Everything was so orchestrated and although it was obviously threatening at times it was also pretty subtle which must have really confused her because it's hard to aggressively push back when you are being slowly and methodically controlled. Although it was a very different encounter I got a similar feeling reading this story as I did reading the Aziz Ansari incident.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel sorry for the girl involved what a load of bull to go through just to get some 'help/advice' in the industry.

I've never been a big fan of Angry Joe but fuck that guy. I hope karma comes back around for him, and then some

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
yeah, my main concern is to show respect to the victim without those embarrassing comments.

Ignore them. They're being jackasses and they know it. This isn't about any concern for people being sexually harassed for them. This is about scoring points on the people who liked this youtuber they don't like.

Let's not give them the platform to do that and concentrate on making sure these women are heard instead.

To say I feel betrayed by Joe is an understatement, and his latest tweet doesn't seem like this is going to go a way I could be comfortable continuing to watch him, which really sucks.

EOS-HDC

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tijuana, B.C, Mexico
Some pretty awful predatory tactics from Joe's part. Here's a tip, state your intentions. Way less women will accompany you back to your hotel room but at least you will know you're not coercing them into having sex because you're a "star". Also, wanna find people who don't use you as a step to gain popularity? stop using it to meet new people. Put your feet on the ground Joe your farts don't smell good asshole!

In regards to the victim, I probably wouldn't have the courage to speak up, mad respects. Hopefully this will help her move on from the event, although one does not "move on" from things like these, at least she will know she did all she could.